A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do the Funky Zebra  (Read 654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linnybelle
« on: May 01, 2009 08:51:38 PM »

So I've been making a lot of bags using this tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149376.0 and I decided to change it up a little.

The zebra print one is very structured.  I sewed down all the pleats for a couple of inches to make sure they would stay very stiff.  It's also more of a square shape, due to the sewn pleats, but I really like how it turned out.  The inside is lime green and has three pockets running across the width of the bag.  The strap is black webbing and the trim is faux leather with grommets.  I got the zebra print fabric as a remnant and I'm thinking about getting more of it.   Smiley

The whole bag:

A close up of the trim and the pleats:

The second bag is a flower print cotton that was very floppy and more difficult to work with than the zebra print.  It is reversible and so has no pockets on the inside.  The handle is just made out of both fabrics.  Both handles are between 36" and 40". The second bag has a floppier shape, causing it to be a little more rounded than the original pattern.

Here it is:

Reversed:

Neither bag has interfacing.

Enjoy!  Comments and critiques always welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
bagtart
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009 03:20:17 AM »

I love what you did with the pleats - gives it a very "classy" look!

It's a great pattern isn't it? I made one, gave it its first outing by taking it to my best friend's whereby best friend promptly decided it was just right for her daughter and I had to bring my things home in a shopping bag!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009 02:01:14 PM »

Thanks, bagtart.  I really enjoyed using the zebra fabric in a more structured piece.  And that's funny about your bag.  Hopefully you made a new one, just for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 20/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 24/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 21/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 26/26
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...