A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies 5 Gallery  (Read 23708 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2009 08:18:40 AM »

That girl-girl pendant is fantastic- so adorable!! I was picking up a card for a wedding the other day, and saw one with 2 tuxes on it, and one with 2 wedding gowns.  Smiley

On an organizer's note- we still have a couple people that haven't sent yet, so if that's you please send us a DC asap! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2009 11:33:03 AM »

Saphire Moon- How cool is that custom made pendant!

I am loving so much in this swap.

I have more pictures of my received package to post, hopefully today. I keep trying to make it to the library for faster internet and I keep missing it  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
iheartzb
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2009 03:23:16 PM »

inside were baby food jars decorated with little wings and the letters that spell WHIMSY on the lids
inside those jars were buttons, gems, beads, mini mirrors, and other stuff I forget
I also tucked some stickers in there
hope you like it all and can use some of the things in your projects

I loved everything and as you'll see from the pictures I took a lot of stuff out right away for projects! And something funny: I used the lids to spell out MY WISH, it never even occured to me that they spelled WHIMSY!!

Now for the pictures:

Sorry everything is fuzzy, I am using a card reader and apparently it is pretty low quality. This pic show the jars spelling "my wish"  Wink the cute tiny wooden dresser with drawers open to show the hidden loot, and the cute decorative box Krista made. Each jar had different themes of stuff- there was a jar of ribbon/thread, glass pieces, beads and buttons, felt pieces. . .

This is a picture of everything else inside of the box. Everything else included stamps, confetti, stickers, plastic toys and bits, fortunes, little mirrors. SO much stuff I couldn't get it all back into the "jar"!!

This final one is everything I intended to use right away in projects! The fortunes I am especially excited about  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2009 03:34:18 PM »

oh i love that idea...a separate jar for different types of whimsies!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2009 04:21:20 PM »

I love the fortunes...I'm going to have to start saving them now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2009 07:53:47 PM »

iheartzb, thanks for the pictures! It is so funny that you figured out to spell "my wish"!

And I have been saving fortunes for quite a while, it helps that we eat chinese a lot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
lylacfey
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2009 08:36:02 PM »

I love the fortunes.  Now, I have something else to stash away.  I love all the packages so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Automaton J.
Hardcore Lady Type

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2009 10:04:59 PM »

The kissing girls pendant is so cute! I totally love it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinipayla

Beauty is where you find it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2009 10:40:45 PM »

So as I promised Automaton J., I'm posting the photos I have of the wonderful whimsies she sent me!

First, all of it together
I love the killer rabbit embroidery.

I also got a bart the gnome!

We have already become good friends!

All of the whimsies together:

I think she covered all of the major things I wanted.
Everything was great but if I had to choose favorites:

Thanks so much Automaton J.!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2009 11:26:42 PM »

Here's the contents of my whimsical package from Patti M.  I had to scan it as I couldn't find my camera so I hope everything shows up ok.

We are both paper crafters so she sent me lots of things I can use for my ATCs, Chunky Pages and other paper crafts. The "jars" were zip-lock bags with pictures of jars on them  - to save on shipping costs from USA to Australia - and it's amazing how much she managed to fit in the mailer.

Jar #1 featured beautiful vintage images which Patti printed out on vellum using images from her collection - this is a great idea for a crafted item. I absolutely love these and can't wait to use them for my papercrafts.

Jar #2 contained some exotic yarn, a curly shoelace, & 3 star necklaces. I've also scanned the bag with the jar picture on it.

Jar #3 contained heaps of charms - lots of Roman coins, some hearts, leaves and other great items. I particularly love the little cards. The charms came wrapped in sparkly floral tissue paper in a very pretty red & gold bag - which I forgot to photograph.

Jar #4 contained an American flag pin, a gold head (didn't scan very well), a Sportz angel pin, and mini gel pens. And some very sweet miniature musical instruments.

Jar #5 contained shrinky dinks that Patti M made. The top row is vintage images and the bottom row are hand painted flowers -there's a carnation, a daisy and a sunflower. (Good stalking Patti - I LOVE flowers)

Jar #6 contained some very whimsical flowers, fairies, crowns and a leprecaun, a skeleton clip, a pair of sunglasses, a green foiled star, 2 flat marbles and one round one, a reusable "Fun button", the teeniest little pack of coloured pencils and a very cute little teddy.

And finally some loose whimsies which were not in the jars:

A "Grow Me" hippie girl, a Celebrate 2000 bubble blowing pendant, a wand "so all your projects turn out magical", a nail art kit which has teeny sparkles for ATCs etc, and a card.

Patti forgot to put a couple of items in the package so I will post photos of those when they arrive.

Thanks for everything Patti M!

I'm looking forward to the next round.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 11:50:51 PM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roz Chast Talks About Too Busy Marco
Dr. Oz Talks About YOU: Raising Your Child
David Rabe Talks About Girl by the Road at Night
Will Bunch Reveals Who He Admires Most
George Michelsen Foy Talks About Zero Decibels
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...