A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So, what exactly is an inchie, twinchie, rinchie, rolo or moo?  (Read 10578 times)
Tags for this thread: inchie , twinchie , rolo , moo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2009 10:20:07 AM »

Hopefully you can find the answer to some of your questions here...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303188.msg3467288#msg3467288

...and if you can't, just post your question and we'll try our best to answer it! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009 02:34:04 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 12:51:00 PM »

I know there's a lot of overlap between inchies making and other papercrafts, but the small size adds some special considerations and opportunities.  I thought a thread of hints and warnings might be of interest to others.  Mods, if I'm posting in the wrong or this should go elsewhere, please move or delete.

Tips:
I collect the unused business cards of folks who leave my workplace.  They can be chopped up into inchies bases and I get 6 to a card.  I usually double them up to get a decent sturdiness.

I picked up a one-inch quilters' ruler to help with cutting.  It's 6 inches long but 1 inch wide and transparent.

Warning:
if you're into papercrafts, then you already tend to not throw away scraps that "could be used for something someday"  But you probably also did throw out scraps that were so small that you knew they wouldn't get used.  Well, start a new file for those pieces you used to throw away.  Inchies are small enough that you'll find that you are keeping those that used to get tossed.  I'm planning on storing these tiny bits in a small photo album.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Patti M

Formerly known as pjmclnj!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009 03:34:50 PM »

I keep a sandwich sized ziploc bag on the side of my work desk at home and whenever I am cutting up cereal boxes for sturdy ATC bases- I cut up the ends for Inchies! I use the left over 1 to 1 1/2 in of scrapbook paper (that I used to just stuff in the someday envelope) - cut up into inchie background papers. Anything you use for your regular papercrafts- believe me- the scraps are perfect for inchies! I recently went to one of the many dollar type stored around here and they had a "Nail Art" kit for $1.00. In it were some clear nail polish- a small bamboo stick and 30!! insanely miniature little crystals in a rainbow of colors- made for decorating your fingernails. Not Me!! I use the mini gems in my inchies as accents! Way cheaper than the mini ones at the craft store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Favorites-http://www.etsy.com/people/pjmclnj/favorites?ref=si_fav
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pjmclnj
gwenny415
My words...who I am...

me and my man...mmm...he's yummy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009 07:03:10 AM »

Fantastic idea Patti!  I'm gonna hit my Dollar Tree tomorrow at lunch.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't fit in a box, round hole, or any slot that you want to put me in. I am unique, intelligent, funny, passionate, beautiful, spirited and kind. I'm a lover, not a fighter, but will fight when pushed too far. I'm a puzzle it might take you years to figure out, if you can. I am an enigma.
McJulie-O
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009 11:09:09 AM »

I keep a sandwich sized ziploc bag on the side of my work desk at home and whenever I am cutting up cereal boxes for sturdy ATC bases- I cut up the ends for Inchies! I use the left over 1 to 1 1/2 in of scrapbook paper (that I used to just stuff in the someday envelope) - cut up into inchie background papers. Anything you use for your regular papercrafts- believe me- the scraps are perfect for inchies! I recently went to one of the many dollar type stored around here and they had a "Nail Art" kit for $1.00. In it were some clear nail polish- a small bamboo stick and 30!! insanely miniature little crystals in a rainbow of colors- made for decorating your fingernails. Not Me!! I use the mini gems in my inchies as accents! Way cheaper than the mini ones at the craft store.

What great ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sinjah
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009 10:32:50 AM »

I recently went to one of the many dollar type stored around here and they had a "Nail Art" kit for $1.00. In it were some clear nail polish- a small bamboo stick and 30!! insanely miniature little crystals in a rainbow of colors- made for decorating your fingernails. Not Me!! I use the mini gems in my inchies as accents! Way cheaper than the mini ones at the craft store.

That is seriously genius! I've also seen some pretty cheap nail art kits with little rub-ons and stickers for your nails, those would be perfect for inchies! Aah, now I'm itching to go buy some, what an awesome idea Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? Yes please! Looking for jersey scraps.
Will craft for yarn.

The crafting blog
The pinterest
The wists
malmow
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009 07:06:41 PM »

I might be missing it, but I didn't see anything about "rolos" on the other page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009 02:33:33 AM »

Ha! You're right, I meant rinchie, thanks! I can add rolo to the list too though! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucybug33
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009 09:47:31 PM »

That nail art kit from the dollar store is brilliant! I never thought of that, it would be great on cards too!  Grin
I get a lot of my supplies from Dollar Tree. Surprising some of the items they get there for crafting (my birds have new feeders this year too)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helenm66
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010 02:02:13 AM »

I'll be popping down to KFC to see what I can find, great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Flash Tutorial - How to Make Basic Moving Text
How to Touch Up a Photo in 5 Seconds in Photoshop
How to Use the Glowing Lines Effect in Photoshop
How to Use the Dreamy Effect in Photoshop
How to Make an Image Black and White in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...