A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What is an Inchie? *now with Rinchies, Twinchies, Rolo & Moo!*  (Read 69765 times)
Tags for this thread: inchie , rinchie , rolo , moo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saphyre69

You learn something new everyday

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011 01:22:08 AM »

I've been a lurker on Craftster for a couple of years.  I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts but I always seem to get bored with them after a while.  Well, these little beauties will let me experiment with all types of techniques.  I mean really, how bored can I get working one inch at a time?!  Anyway, these inchies are what pushed me to create an account because I know I'll end up addicted and wanting to join swaps.

I'm off to drool over more inchie awesomeness  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen"
Saphyre69

You learn something new everyday

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011 02:45:58 PM »

Well, I made 2 inchies.  They turned out OK but I'm not sure such a tiny workspace is going to work for me!  I'll be attempting more but I might need to expand to ATC's.  We'll see.  Either way, there are tons of opportunities to learn, share techniques, and swap!  The inspiration on this website is amazing!   I'll find my niche for small art, I'm sure of it.  Now...to get my posts up to 15 and countdown to Feb. 11 so I can join in the fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen"
Cranbeary
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011 06:03:03 PM »

I have never heard of an inchie before this thread but OMG they are ADORABLE! If my craft supply store wasn't already closed for the night, I'd be driving out there to pick up some cardstock. I am half tempted to pour a bag of my cereal into 5-6 tupperware containers just to steal the cardboard box! I can't wait until I get off work tomorrow night to start working on some. I already have a million ideas of some inchies I want to make. I'm kinda nervous about trying to craft on such a small space, though. Maybe I'll start with the twinchies. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gelsey
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011 11:33:35 PM »

I must admit, I've never heard of these things before now. It makes me tilt my head a bit, and admit if I ever try it I'll likely become addicted.  But how to begin... I'm not sure I should venture that far!

Start out with a base image and then add stuff to it, right? ... *is doomed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps

~ Back to Hogwarts - Sent
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2011 02:10:37 PM »

someone else who has only just discovered inchies, twinchies and the rest!

I think that it's something I can really enjoy doing - easy to do, store, swap etc and will fit in really well with another of my hobbies - dollshouses Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2011 02:35:38 PM »

They are the perfect size for art on a dollhouse wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
JuliG47
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012 10:49:35 PM »

Thanks for the great info! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifuladditions. etsy.com
CraftyAly
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012 09:14:47 AM »

This is so funny that you mention these... I never knew this was an actual "thing" until recently. I have a side business where I make ceramic pottery and I fell in love with these square business cards from TinyPrints. I had ordered a bunch with the same photo, but now I order small batches with different images of my work, and just my name and email on the back. I leave them in coffee shops and stores that allow it. I was giving one to a lady I met who was interested in my work. She says, "Oh, let's exchange twinchies!" I gave her the strangest look, but then she enlightened me. Now, I see inchies and twinchies everywhere and I am having so much fun with it. I've been cutting my twinchies down to inchies and leaving them as fun finds for random strangers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012 06:02:50 PM »

These are none of the above, but related, so I'm going to share.  I've long used old business cards as the bases for my inchies.  When folks left at work, I'd snag their unused cards and go to town.

Well, after 13 years in a job I loved and never intended to leave, I was notified that the job as eliminated.  Long story short, as I'm trying to deal with this, I see my own box of now old business cards.  I've decided that instead of chopping these up, I'm going to use them exclusively to create my own little works for myself to heal.  I keep a few blank ones around where they're pretty much always available (even keep some in my purse) and I'll grab and craft (usually zentangles unless I'm in my craft area) whenever things start feeling over whelming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Skrabadoo
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2012 06:49:48 PM »

Reading up on ATCs and saw some ACEOs.  Is there a difference between to two?  I'm a n00b in this department.  Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock the Pastel Trend
How to Wear a White Blazer
How to Get a Complete Inexpensive Outfit
The Jeans We Are Wearing This Season
Designer Makes Clothes from Fermented Tea
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...