A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 48 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What is an Inchie? *now with Rinchies, Twinchies, Rolo & Moo!*  (Read 73180 times)
Tags for this thread: inchie , rinchie , rolo , moo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2012 07:00:11 AM »

Both cards are the same size, but an ATC (Artist Trading Card) is only traded. If they are offered for sale, they're called ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Skrabadoo
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2012 10:57:22 AM »

Thanks rackyroo, that makes sense.  I never knew all these different paper crafts existed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2012 11:02:03 AM »

Yup, it's a big ole papery world out there. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Skrabadoo
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012 06:16:52 PM »

Another newbie question about ATCs...

Do they have to have straight sides? Eg. Not wavy or pinking shears-y
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2012 07:20:54 AM »

That is a good questions. It seems like wavy or pinked sides would be ok, but honestly, I don't know. Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
TheMadMel

Meh... Just start cutting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2013 10:05:22 AM »

I LOVE MOO! I have been using them for years now for my business cards. I have some left that have old info on them, I'll have to craft with them now! Geez, like I needed an excuse to order more from Moo... LOL

The thing I like about the "Mini Moo Cards" that they offer is I can design my business card however I want in Photoshop and just upload the image. This way I can use any fonts I want, make the text go any direction I want... anything!

The thing I LOVE about the Mini Moo Cards in particular is that when I hand someone my card, they don't just say "thanks!" and stuff it in their pocket. They go "oh that's neat!" and stare at my card for a good minute. It's different because it's not the same size as standard business cards, and it gets a lot more attention this way.

I can also punch a hole in the end of it and turn it into a tag. I punched a hole in one and put it on my keyring when I dropped my car off at the mechanic. I'm going to hang one inside my daughter's backpack when she starts Kindergarten in a couple weeks so that if her bag gets lost, or she gets lost while wearing the backpack, a teacher will know who to call. They make great luggage tags too!

Use this link to get 10% off your first order!: http://www.moo.com/share/2ykd5w
For your second order, you can sign up with a different email address and use the discount again. Wink
Or if you're too cool for school and you have a school email address, you can sign up with that and get the student discount, which is.... I think it's 20%.

I frickin' LOVE MOO! Okay I'll get off my soapbox now.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour - "Adhere to Me"
A Million Little Pictures - "The Great Adventures of"
"My NEW blog!"
artista83
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2013 11:42:29 AM »

I've been cutting my twinchies down to inchies and leaving them as fun finds for random strangers!

i used to sit at coffee shops and draw on paper they had there or napkins and leave it at the table for people to find. a couple years ago i actually ran into a person at the same coffee shop that found one and kept it all that time! it was very cool to find that out! my husband thinks i shouldnt do it anymore though. he said don't give away your art for free...i was like. but if its lil it's free advertising!

oh another difference between atc and aceo's...i sell aceo's on ebay, aceos do not say not for resale on the back, an atc should have atc written on the back or not for sale bc some people actually might sell them. i don't think anyone from here would sell them, but there are a lot of people on ebay that resell. aceo's once bought people can do anything they want with them. it is fun to look at for inspiration for making atc's though since they have well over 20 thousand for sale on ebay. just type in aceo original. lots of fun to look at!

about inchies and such>>>i havent met anyone near me that know what they are. me and blupiason did a trade once for five inchies but that is all that i have is five. they are uber addicting and i hope to get more! and they are awsome for personal swaps bc you can fill a snail mail envie with them and save on shipping so it is great for people with swap withdrawl lol. i dont know about you guys, but i get withdrawl when i don't get mail lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
StitchesOfSerenity
We do recover

serenity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014 09:35:15 AM »

Thank you so much for the info!  This is such a wonderfully huge community, with amazing art and info everywhere!  Am trying to figure out how to get into a swap when im brand spanking new!!!  Where do you find them for a newcomer? Could you possible direct me there?

Im just beginning, but heres an example of what I have become deliciously obsessed with this last week!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014 10:28:13 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a chance and make a change!!!  Recovery is possible!!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2014 10:33:26 AM »

Welcome to Craftster, StitchesofSerenity. Your inchies are beautiful!

You must be a member for one full month and post at least 15 times before you are eligible to join a swap. For an introduction to swapping and a list of the rules, click here. For more info, including tips and FAQs, read the threads at the top of this page.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
stillatthetop
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014 11:27:56 AM »

We have a newbie site here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426266.0#axzz2zpPg7E1S

You are way beyond newbie. But you have to take baby steps first. You will fit into the mix before too long.

Yes wavy sides are fine on ATC. As long as they fit the size range. 2.5" x 3.5"

I have done many as fold over cards. I like mine with moving pieces. Open the doors kinds of things. Intereactive.
I even made one a full fold out girl. I will have to check if she is on my Pinterest. If not, I will add her there. Give me a bit of time. This crazy box fights with me all the time.  Shocked It needs to go to the doctor. I can't always open my files.

But, as long as the cards fit in the baseball card pouches...they are ATC. I don't sell mine. I just share. I enjoy collage. And my friends here.

~T

OK. she is in on my Pinterest.  Grin Today it is liking me!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014 05:19:51 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding the Diamond Cut
What Are the Four "C"S in Diamonds
Different Shapes in Diamonds
Diamond Buying Tips
Jewellery Making UK
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...