A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2009 Birthday Swap - LISTS  (Read 6660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 30, 2009 09:37:08 PM »

Happy Birthday, May Babies!!

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION -  THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.  PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO - THERE WILL BE A TEST.  Wink

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

DISCUSSION AND GALLERY THREAD LINK:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303169.0

Swap name: May 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: phnxreign99

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  May 1 - May 31
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  May 1 - May 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time.
Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in May, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303169.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim.

First time swappers may have 1 outstanding claim at a time.
Friends of Craftster may have 3 outstanding claims at a time.
All others may have 2 outstanding claims at a time.

An outstanding claim is a claim that has not been received yet. If your claim is in the mail, it is still considered outstanding until it is received, and you may not claim again until you have an open outstanding claim slot.

Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty!

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail Thank You.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a Thank You card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (phnxreign99) AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If I do not receive PMs from you when you send and receive, you will be left Poor Communication in your feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put May Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  Also PM me with the date of send-out, (two weeks after your claim) that I will have listed, to make it easier for me to update things.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  May 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 13 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Test: What happens if you do not pm me by your send-out date?
Test: Where do we keep all chit-chat?

If you are already approved and are making a SECOND claim, you don't have to fill this questionaire out again - just PM me with who you want to craft for and what you are crafting.

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- April 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009 09:48:02 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009 09:40:00 PM »

Birthday Swappers:
1.  Velvet Rose  (has 2 presents coming)
2.  SpencerTwins2007  (has 4 presents coming)
3.  phoenixfiredesigns  (has 2 presents coming)
4.  DesignVigilante  (has 2 presents coming)
5.  becs88  (has 2 presents coming)
6.  Laela  (has 2 presents coming) - (Welcome first time swapper -  Grin )
7.  forcemajeure  (has 2 presents coming)
8.  pusspuss  (has 2 present coming)
9.  Strawberryh  (has 2 presents coming)

Non-birthday Swappers:
1.  phnxreign99
2.  theballandskein

SENT
RECEIVED

CLAIMS:
Send by May 15
phoenixfiredesigns to DesignVigilante - a wisty surprise

Send by May 17
DesignVigilante to SpencerTwins2007 - reusable sandwich bags and a wisty surprise
DesignVigilante to phoenixfiredesigns - hand knit socks and an iPod cozy

Send by May 19
Laela to DesignVigilante - doggie clothes for Georgie
phoenixfiredesigns to Laela - Tree of Life pendant
phnxreign99 to Velvet Rose - crochet grocery bag (and hopefully some nice flowers -  Wink )
becs88 to phoenixfiredesigns - something ceramic/pottery
DesignVigilante to Laela - doggy PJ's and neckwarmer
Velvet Rose to becs88 - stationary and whimsies

Send by May 21
forcemajeure to SpencerTwins2007 - stenciled shirts for the kiddos

Send by May 22
pusspuss to SpencerTwins2007 - knitted bibs and T's for kiddos

Send by May 24
SpencerTwins2007 to pusspuss - "Born at Home" onesie and some extras

Send by May 27
phoenixfiredesigns to forcemajeure - Swarovski anything!

Send by May 30
phnxreign99 to becs88 - cushion covers
theballandskein to SpencerTwins2007 - onesie for a baby girl

Send by May 31
phnxreign99 to pusspuss - camera cozy

Send by June 3
phnxreign99 to forcemajeure - apron

Send by June 6
Strawberryh to VelvetRose - drawstring bags

Send by June 8
DesignVigilante to Strawberryh - crochet/knitted washcloths and a surprise
becs88 to Strawberryh - cloth shopping bags

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 04:04:24 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Velvet Rose
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009 12:27:26 AM »

Hey there May Birthday Babes (and everyone else)!

My name is Wendy and my birthday is May 4.

I live in Australia and love crafting. I am currently exploring papercrafts.

I prefer natural fibres and fabrics to synthetic ones (for environmental and tactile reasons). I adore vintage florals (pre 1970), vintage brocade/damask. baroque/rococo style prints, cotton velvet, botanical prints and fabrics with silhouettes of leaves or branches/trees like Joel Dewberry's ones. I'm not a fan of stripes, spots, plaids/checks, skulls, country/cutesy, or disney/anime stuff.

I love berry shades, dark reds, muted pinks & purples, leaf green, and chocolate brown.  No neons or black please, and I'm not too keen on yellow, orange, or navy.

Please see my profile and wists or PM me for more info.

CRAFTED ITEMS

SEWN

Drawstring bags
I could really use some cotton drawstring bags to carry my shoes and underwear when I go on vacation. See my colour and fabric preferences above.
Thanks Strawberryh

CROCHETED[

Crocheted Cotton Flowers
I'm collecting crocheted flowers made with cotton yarn in all shades of pink and berry shades.
Thanks phnxreign99

Crocheted Cotton Shopping bag
I would love one that folds up into its own pocket. See my colour preferences above and my wists for examples
Thanks phnxreign99

KNITTED

Knitted Woollen Socks
I would love a pair of pure wool hand knitted socks in any of the berry shades. I'm not really into stripes but a variegated yarn would be nice. Shoe size is US 9

PRINTED

Screen/gocco printed cards
See my wists for ideas. I love botanical prints - modern or vintage inspired.

JEWELLERY/JEWELRY

If making earrings please use sterling silver or surgical steel findings as my ears are allergic to nickel. See my colour preferences above and my wists for examples.

I would particularly like

Earrings/rings/brooches made with vintage floral cabs or cameos

Earrings/rings/brooches made with small cotton crocheted flowers

OTHER
Crafted items from my wists

CRAFT SUPPLIES

BIG WISH
Papercraft/Altered Art Supplies
 - Acid free stamp ink pads - in any colour except gold, silver, yellow or neons (rectangular stamp pads please - my stamps are too big for triangular or cats eyes ones)
- Anna Griffin stamps - any except the crown and cross (which I already own)
- Clear acrylic stamps - particularly swirls and flourishes, vintage looking birds, flowers, keys,etc
- Small flat bottomed vintagey metal embellishments (keys, letters, scissors etc)
- vintage floral cabs and/or cameos
- vintage floral greeting cards (pre 1970s)
- vintage embossed wallpaper - particularly baroque/regency designs
- translucent white/cream vellum paper (that can go in a laser printer). Lightweight rather than heavyweight.
- small paper flowers in mixed colours
- adhesive rhinestones in mixed colours

Scrapbooking Supplies
- anything from the following ranges by K & Co: Que Sera Sera, Life's Journey, Ancestry, Cut n' Paste, Madeline
- anything rose/baroque/vintage inspired by Anna Griffin
- Basic Grey rub ons in swirls or flourishes
- any of the following Fiskars shape cutter templates: tags, box 1, box 2, letters 4, envelope 1, banners 1, flowers 2
- a large tag shaped, rectangular or square punch
No other types of scrapbooking supplies please as I'm trying to match what I already have

Other Supplies
- vintage buttons in flower shapes. I want to glue them on to things so only flat bottomed ones please.
- metal settings for cameos or cabs (see wists for examples)
- sterling silver bails for pendants
- microscope slides
- small flat clear glass pieces with smooth edges. Don't know what to call these but they are thicker than microscope slides
- supplies from my wists

ALLERGIES ETC
- Some of the members of my household have allergies to perfume, and cigarette smoke
- no feathers, fur or leather please
- no candy, sugar, tea or coffee please as I am on a special diet  Sad

Thanks so much to anyone who chooses me and happy birthday to all the May craftsters.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 11:59:08 PM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009 11:56:13 AM »

Hello! My name's Diana and I'm from southern California. My birthday is May 25th, Memorial Day. I was actually BORN on Memorial Monday back in 1987 (which means I'm turing 22!).
I live with my husband whom i recently married (Sept. 5th, 2008) and my chihuahua mixed dog, Georgie. I'm a part time domestic goddess, but a full time art geek. I go to a local community college and am a studio arts major (drawing and multimedia emphasis). My favorite color scheme is pink-black-white. My favorite colors in order are pink, red, seafoam green, electric blue, and red-violet. I love polka dots, circles, argyle, and plaid. I also currently have an obsession with zebra stripes. On that same note, I'm currently obsessed with Kuromi from Sanrio/Hello Kitty. I have more info and links to my wist, facebook, etc on my profile.

Allergy note: I'm 100% allergic to wool, and have some allergy to mohair. I have extremely sensitive skin, so no soaps or lotions with a lot of chemicals/artificial ingredients. Hypoallergenic, home made, or organic skin products only. My hubby is allergic to cat hair, so please wash anything that might be in contact with a cat.

One last note: I am completely not opposed to getting an all supply package. I don't get to go supply shopping very often for budget reasons, so feel free to destash on me! Grin

Crafted Items:
-Knitted Cowl (any pattern, preferably with the main color being black or chocolate brown)
-knitted brea bag http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/brea/brea.html
-A Bowling Bag style weekender bag in a cute fabric (I visit my mom several times a month and actually spend the weekend there, so i am in need of a good weekender bag)
-Penelope's Scarf Picture and Possible Knit Pattern
-Entrelac Scarf (preferably in brown-pink-white) Knit Pattern
-Daisy Stitch Hat (preferably in netural colors, like black and gray) Knit Pattern
-Knitted wristwarmers similar to these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=239108.0
-Clothes for my chihuahua mix Georgie (can be knitted, crocheted, sewn, bought, etc. I have exact measurements for him if you choose this)
-Set of 3 to 5 cloth menstrual pads with metal or velcro snaps in dark colors (tut: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0)
-Handmade soaps with natural ingredients and scents like vanilla
-Zippered Pouches Similar to this one
-Pursonal Hygiene Case Like This one
-Sewn reusable shopping bags
-Crocheted amigurumi style pocket elephant like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213510.0 (does not have to be white)
-Knitted or Crocheted 8inch afghan squares in black, white, pink, orange, or purple.
-Removable crochet stitch markers
-Jewelry http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237162.msg2600589#msg2600589 http://mytypewriter.com/gifts.aspx http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249841.0 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=240742.0

***Big Wishes***
-Knee high knitted socks in multi colors (preferably variations of white, pink, purple, and red); Shoe size 7, slightly wide around the legs, no wool please
-A Knitted Cardigan like this one http://indieknits.wordpress.com/patterns-2/patterns/ in a large size or this one with the buttons lowered http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shalom-cardigan . I can provide measurements to any one that actually does this.
-A lap or throw sized quilt in pink, black, and white.
-Yarn Bowl http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=22762311
-Sewn hats like these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_2&listing_id=20849397 http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21684985 http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21892789

***Surprises from my wist are ALWAYS welcomed! Grin ***

Supplies:
Scissors, any size (im constantly losing my scissors no matter how many i get so im always needed some)
Double Pointed Knitting Needles (used are fine, any size except 5 and Cool
Crochet hooks (used are perfectly ok with me)
Tunisian aka Afghan Hooks (the extremely long crochet hooks)
Red Heart Yarn (Any colors or styles)
Any sort of Acrylic yarn like Vanna's Choice (any colors or styles)
Nylon blend yarns (any colors)
Cotton yarn (any colors)
Alpaca blend yarns (any colors)
Fat quarter fabric

Extras:
Loose Leaf tea
Ground Coffee

Thanks to anyone that claims me and Happy Birthday all you Tauruses and Geminis! Grin
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009 02:56:08 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
SpencerTwins2007
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009 12:38:15 PM »

Hello! My name is Jennifer and I'm from Buffalo NY. My birthday is May 26th! And I will be turning 27!
I live with my husband, 2 year old twins and I am 31 weeks pregnant with our big suprise baby girl due 7-2! I have a facebook, myspace and wist. I am trying to live green and be a green Mommy Smiley

Crafted items:

BIG WISH: A birdie mobile or anything Birdie related for my little girls room. Example for inspiration: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/

Anything for a new baby girl Smiley
Any kind of suprise as I love suprises! If you love making something, I am sure I will love it!

Anything crochet or knit. I am trying to learn - someday Smiley

A diaper bag. Something simple. I love black and white fabrics or Amy Butler style fabrics.

A moby stlye baby wrap (love black for this because of spit up stains)

Reusable sandwich/snack bags

Small knitted or crochet baby blanket in fun colors

A ring sling

Tees or onesies for the kids that are stenciled or ap
pliqued

AIO Cloth diapers

Baby sling in a fun fabric ( http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22677687&ref=sr_gallery_11&&ga_search_query=baby+sling&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title)

Nursing pads in cute fabrics http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24427770&ref=sr_gallery_14&&ga_search_query=baby+sling&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Crocheted amigurumi except turtles I have these Smiley

Any crochet or knit play food

Sewing Machine cover

Stenciled tee or tank for me (I am usually a Small)

Fabric baskets in black and white or neutral colors to match our living room

Supplies:
Freezer paper
Razor to cut out stencils
Tee shirt dye
Hand spun yarn

Thanks to anyone that claims me and Happy Birthday all you Tauruses and Geminis! 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 11:29:24 AM by SpencerTwins2007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist : http://www.wists.com/spencertwins2007

I love doing personal swaps!!!
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009 01:38:08 PM »

Yay for May babies!! Grin

About Me
Greetings everyone! I'm a 31 year old woman (turning 32 on May 16th!) who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes. I love to read, I enjoy photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafts

-- A purse in this kind of style. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this bag. The mix of the cord and the cable...? LOVE. (Could use an existing sweater for the knit part as well if you don't knit. I think that'd work just fine as well.)

-- A robe like this one. It's just so lovely and I desperately need a robe. (3/4 length or long-sleeves, and mid-length overall. Not too short, not too long. I wear a US size 4 and can send measurements if needed.)

-- A tote like this one. I love and covet everything about it from the colors, fabric to the pattern.

-- A Slanket! I almost bought a "snuggie" but the fabric was icky. (It was like thin felt.) I want soft, awesome microfiber fleece stuff, you know? Something long enough to cover my toes as well. I'm forever using a blanket on the couch so this would come in hand GREATLY.

-- A leaf embroidered wallet like this.

-- A purse like the first one here or like this. I like the shape of both styles but it's really the look and colors of the fabric I'm really sold on. So something in similar colors/patterns would be great. Here are more I've wisted for inspiration.

-- An apron like any of the types I've wisted. Preferably in colors like blue/brown or purple or green or colors I like.

-- An iPod Touch case just like this style. I love the shape and the colors even.

-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (no wool please because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. (HUGE bonus if it's argyle pattern. I don't know why but I love argyle.)

-- An Autumn Leaf Barrette. I miss autumn since we don't get leaves changing colors here in Florida.

-- A leather tree ipod touch case like this. It's SO pretty. (Brown leather please.)

-- A cool fitted tee like these. I love the colors of these examples. I wear a US size 4 or typically a size small or medium. I pretty much live in baby doll/fitted tees.
 - http://www.wists.com/PhoenixFireDesigns/b8278a3977c184f0454e3661b44d5913?offset=0
 - http://www.wists.com/PhoenixFireDesigns/b43d1d191ced6ae1babfd7c537c6ecc1?offset=0

-- Something stained glass - sun catcher, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or a bowl or a tea mug or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but really love. (A couple things I've wisted for inspiration.)

-- Something glass work like a vase or something. Blown or torch or whatever. A cool medium I don't know how to work with at all. This is really pretty for example.

-- Fused glass or glass (microscope) slide pendants you think I'd like. (Here are some wisted inspiration items as examples.)

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I'd like.

Craft Supplies

-- Doodle Stitching book like this. I've never tried it but it seems like it might be fun.

-- Starter resin kit/supplies (resin, molds, etc.)

-- Starter rubber stamp carving stuff. (Maybe a kit or items like tools, the rubber to carve into, how-to/instructions, etc.)

-- Gemstones and gemstone beads. In every shape, size and color. Donuts, cabs, chips - anything! I LOVE working with gemstones and I can never, ever have enough.

-- Lampwork beads.

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles, and jewelry wire in 16 gauge and 24 gauge in any color. Gemstone chips are awesome as well since I make Tree of Life pendants with them.

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones.

-- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.

-- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)

-- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)

-- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance and HAPPY BIRTHDAY everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
recrdchaos
Knight of Time, Philosopher Prince

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009 07:46:57 AM »

Hello and happy birthday, ladies! Well, if there are any gentlemen then same to them, but I'm not under the impression there are Tongue

Hi, I'm Laela, and this will be my first swap! I've just turned seventeen today (May the 5th), so I thought this'd be a good swap to join. Since I don't have much in the way of a viable wist just now, I'll start off with a bit about myself. This is going to get a bit long, but if it was me reading it I'd like to know a lot to get good ideas, so I thought I'd err on the side of more info than less  Cheesy

I'm in grade eleven (which for some reason always comes out 'elven' when I spell it) and in a bit more than a year will be going to university to major in Filmmaking and minor in Visual Arts (Multimedia emphasis, more likely than not). I live in Canada and enjoy writing, drawing, putting together artworks, sewing, and otherwise crafting! I write GLBT fiction, something I'm devoted to and started when I was 11. I _love_ to talk about my writing and likely won't shut up if you get me started! I also love fandom, my main one being Mercedes Lackey's Last Herald Mage series. Other fandoms are Good Omens, Petshop of Horrors (which is a manga), Lord of the Rings, Sweeney Todd (the 1982 version! The real one!), and (embarassingly) Eragon. I am a shipper but only ship canon or almost-canon pairings Cheesy

On a more related note, I am a goth and like things that fit my style. And I do mean actual goth, not 'oh-lookit-me-I-wear-skulls-and-am-so-edgy-now' Cheesy I like elegant victorian motifs, prefer spiders and bats to skulls (though I'm not really opposed to them). I love corsets, long skirts, etc. My room is currently crimson with black accents (and I do love it so!). I'm also pagan (a druid) and my patron Goddess is Artemis. My spirit animal is the deer, but lesser power animals are the falcon and the unicorn (I collect these). I like pentagrams, ankhs, the crescent moon, the labyrinth and the tree of life by the way of symbols. My power stones are moonstone and amethyst Smiley I only wear silver jewellry, gold looks really bad on me.

Wow this is getting long! But I almost forgot my favorite colors! Black is always good, but if you're going to pull the old 'that's not a color!' I also like plum and army green.. ah yes, and I absolutely adore keys and feathers!

Okay, time for list-y goodness.

CLOTHING
I'm usually a Canadian size small, and my base measurements (bust-waist-hips) are 33-27-33.
Harem pants - The real ones with the slit up the side! My best friend tells me I'm the only person in the world who likes them.
Casual dresses/sundresses - I love wearing skirts (given the choice I'd probably never wear pants) but I love dresses even more.
Long skirts - As I mentioned before, I just love long flowy skirts. My favorites are the tiered peasant-y kind, but I love them all.
Sleevelets - Also known as fingerless gloves/sleevies/armlets. I have Raynad's Syndrome (a circulatory disorder) so my hands are generally very cold, and when they're cold they get arthritic. Therefore I wear gloves a lot. Sewn/knitted/crocheted would all be awesome. I love those crocheted ones that look like lace, and I love any that have 3D textures!
Gathering apron - I wish I could find a picture of one. They're long half-aprons where the bottom hem buttons to the waistband so you can gather herbs/flowers/whatever in there.

CLOTHES FOR CAMILA
Camila is my chihuahua. She is always cold. Therefore, she needs clothes! I have a hard time finding any dog clothes that fit in with my asthetic, so end up making them all. She would really appreciate clothes made by other people. Her base measurements (neck-chest-back) are 9-12-12.
Doggie PJs - She always ends up entangled in her shirts in the morning, and then complains about being cold. I think she'd really like some of those full-body doggie PJs.
Doggie coat - I really want a winter coat for her that looks like a human's long wool coat.
Doggie dresses - Slightly more interesting than shirts, am I right?
Doggie purse - I need something I can use to sneak her into places. I need something solid (not floppy like my usual bags) that looks like a normal purse but is tall enough to hide all of her.
Doggie neck warmer - I saw one once on etsy... it's a little knitted/crocheted thing that covers the whole neck and buttons at the front.

JEWELLRY
I love chokers best, but I'm sort of a jewellry fiend. My neck is tiny, only 12 inches. I can wear earrings, but only VERY light ones. My holes are very small, pretty much everything stretches them.
Locket - I've never really had a locket, and I think I'd fancy one.
Pink triangle pride necklace - Always wanted a nice tasteful pride piece.
One of those nice multi-tier victorian gothic necklaces - Hopefully you know what I mean? The ones with the loops of chain and dangles and whatnot.
Tree of life necklace - I keep seeing them and absolutely loving them. Alas, I'm hilariously inept at wire-wrap. One made out of one of my power stones would be just amazing.

OTHER
Plush - I love unique plushies. I'd want it fairly sturdy, so it can live in my bed with me. I prefer at least beanie buddy size (everyone knows beanie buddies, right? The bigger beanie babies? What happened to those things?)
Doll clothes - I have a Ball Jointed Doll, and he can never have enough clothes. I can give you all his exact measurements if you like. His character is from a harem, so he's got the harem/bellydancer look. He also doesn't like to dress like a boy. It would also be great to have some chain-and-bead headdresses and slave drapes for him (I haven't learned to do that kind of beading yet)
Soap-y goodness - Home-made soap is just the best. This could also be an extra if you get that not home-made but still awesome stuff from the health food store Cheesy

EXTRA/SUPPLIES
Fat quarters/bits of fabric - Especially ones with patterns and colors that make you think 'harem'. Fat quarters are great for doll clothes Cheesy
Candles - Unscented, or my mum will throw a fit. I love candles!
Beat up old My Little Ponies - I repainted MLP, so if you have any really haggard old ones kicking around/at your local thrift store, I'd love them.
Anything 1/3 human scale for doll props - You know those Japanese food erasers? Yeah, they're about the perfect size. You can find tons of weird doll-size stuff at various thrift and dollar stores Cheesy

Allergies and aversions - I'm not allergic to anything per se, but I am absolutely terrified of owls, parrots and millipedes. Well, among many other things, but those are the only ones even remotely likely to be relevant Cheesy I also have a really weird sense of smell, so some things come off as odd to me, the main one being shea butter. I cannot stand shea butter, and I can smell the stuff from ten paces. Ugh.

I had alot of trouble thinking of things for people with different skills, which is part of the reason I included so much info at the top. I mean, I love anything including my power animals, and that's something you could modify to fit ANY crafting skill. I mean, deer mug, unicorn stenciled t-shirt, etc. And if you decide to claim me and want more info (favorite movies, exact measurements, music I like) absolutely PM me! I'm really chatty and love meeting new people.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 04:39:24 PM by Laela » THIS ROCKS   Logged
becs88

a lady never reveals her underwear by mistake

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009 10:03:42 AM »

About Me
Hello! I'm 25 (turning 26 on May 31st!) I live just outside Cardiff (UK) with my fiance. I'll try my hand at just about anything crafty but mostly sewing/fabric crafts and jewellery. I work full time and am studying ceramics part time. My favorite colors are bold/strong colours. I like various combinations of ruby red, black, white, hot pink, navy blue, purple and turquoise. I like silver but not really gold or copper. I dont really tend to go for pastels or autumn colour schemes so much. I really love vintage clothing and jewellery, especially 1950s kitsch. Likes: burlesque style, marylin monroe, elvis, wizard of oz, Alice in wonderland, rockabilly, sailor jerry. Dislikes: Celtic designs, witchcraft/wizardry, religious symbols. I dont have any pets. Also, I dont drink or smoke so nothing like that please.

ALLERGIES
none.

Crafts

basically anything from my wists or inspired by my wists!

-- Necklace

-- tote

-- stationary thanks  Grin

-- artwork for my walls

-- cushion covers thanks  Grin

-- purse or clutch

-- Sewing machine cover

(I hope its ok to be this vague! I am pretty easy going about what i get and my wists should give a pretty good idea of the sort of style i like!)

Craft Supplies

-- whimsies

-- Resin molds - any shapes really as there are no good suppliers in the UK. I'd particularly like a bangle mould. I've seen one on a US site but cant find one in the UK

-- Charms / beads in general. Anything unusual/quirkey/sailor jerry/rockabilly themed.

-- Alexander Henry Tattoo or Skull fabric or similar.

-- Leopard, heart, skull, star, checked, gingham or polka dot printed fabric

-- Printed/patterned felt

Extras
-- Reeces Pieces.

-- Chocolate in general Smiley

-- Art or Craft magazine(s)

Thanks in advance and Very Happy Birthday everyone!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 12:53:30 PM by becs88 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

forcemajeure
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009 07:32:15 PM »

About me!
Hi guys! My name is Melissa, I'll be 30 (yikes!) on May 24th. I live in San Antonio, TX with my husband and two little boys. I'm an interior decorator and I like doing about a million different crafty things. I LOVE color, and pretty much any color except mauve, french blue and mustard at that. I like bold graphics and my personal style is eclectic - my favorite new thing is my feathered hair clips. I have allergies to smoke and cats, that's about it. I'm a 6 or medium size wise.

Crafts -

I don't have a wist, but I do have my favorite items and sellers on etsy - that's a pretty good indicator.

I love Swarovski anything - jewelry, embellished hair accessories, that kind of thing.

I need cute scarves, or cardigans - my office is frrrreezing!

A fun handbag

I'm obsessed with polymer clay mini food.

Aprons are awesome.

Fun, flouncy skirts are fab. Sorry for the alliteration.

Craft supplies

My current main crafts are cake decorating, sewing, embellishing clothing, painting. I'd like really anything to do with those - brushes, fondant shaping tools, whatever.

Extras -

Candy!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009 08:12:01 PM by forcemajeure » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pusspuss

my baby loves to do belly flops

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009 08:42:25 AM »

Greetings All,

My name is Tuwanna, I live in the Bay Area and my birthday will be May 14th, I am excited because I am expecting my first little one a month or so later!  I was actually born on Mother's day, so in a couple of years, I will be celebrating both!  I love to sew and knit.  I am always thinking of something new to make instead of buying it if i can!  My favorite colors are orange, black, & brown. 

No animal material please!!

CRAFTS:

2.  I am also into reusing bags at the store, so i would like some reusable produce bags for fruits and veggies.  As well for bulk items.

3.  A cool tote bag that i can use when i go on walks with my little one; something with lots of pockets.

4.  Some knitted socks, i am a size 9.5

5.  a knitted hat for me with a brim

CRAFT SUPPLIES

1. Washable transfer pens for fabric

2. hemp fabric - yard or two; one of the colors listed above.

3.  a pattern for making baby booties or onesies.

4.  some nice colorful thread

5.  some photo corners for photo albums/scrap books

EXTRA'S

Anything fun!!

Thanks  Wink

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 10:10:40 AM by pusspuss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TP

Word-
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make your Own CD Cover
How to Fold an Origami Lucky Star
How to make an Origami Waterbomb or Paper Balloon
How to Fold an Origami Eight Pointed Star
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...