A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Movie-In-A-Box Swap  (Read 3216 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterflyangel
« on: April 30, 2009 08:54:50 PM »

I see a couple of swaps that relate to movies like Twilight, or Sex and the City. So I was thinking why not have a swap filled with things related to your favorite movie? (like orange tic tacs for Juno  Cheesy)

what do you guys think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009 05:55:48 AM »

I am immediantly reminded of all the tic tacs in the mailbox.  WOw, what if I actually get a orange tic tacs in my mailbox. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
michowl
Michowl Designs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009 01:16:28 PM »

I would love to do this
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009 04:59:23 PM »

This sounds super fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
michowl
Michowl Designs

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009 08:14:05 PM »

would we have to send eachother a copy of the movie we like, or would it be up to the partner to got out and rent it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edwards1
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009 11:31:19 AM »

So would it be you tell your partner what your favorite movie is and they throw in little knick knacks about the movie? I am interested!!! But I think we should be able to do more than one movie because...I just cant choose one movie! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
butterflyangel
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009 11:33:49 AM »

would we have to send eachother a copy of the movie we like, or would it be up to the partner to got out and rent it?

hmm wow, that's a really good question. I've never even thought about that! I just suppose everyone watched the same movies  Cheesy silly me:P

i guess i would have everyone have like a list of 5 movies and then i would pair people up so they wouldn't end up with a movie that they've never seen before...did that make sense? i have a habit of saying things and nobody gets it lol

i'm trying to see if there will be like more responses before i start...

i feel too nervous to start though  Sad

can you be bad at this? i feel like i'll be bad at it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHMama
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009 10:21:27 AM »

I think this sounds like a great idea. I'd be willing to rent my partner's favorite movie if it was something I hadn't seen before. I think everyone could list their top 3 or 5 movies, but they'd have to be available on dvd. Everyone could list if there was something they're not willing to watch (for instance, if they refuse to watch horror movies, or always have kids around so don't want an R rated movie). You'd have to allow a little more time between partners matching & send out in case someone has trouble finding a movie or gets them by mail through Netflix & needs to wait for the mail to come, but I think it could work great. Then partners could either tell each other which movie they're doing (ie, I can't do your first choice, but I'll be crafting for your second choice) or make it a surprise.
I'm in if you decide to do it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009 04:21:41 PM »

well i hope there will be more people who would want to do this once i start it  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo_zombie
rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009 12:52:56 AM »

what if you did it with a few dif movies and try and pair people up who like simialar movies or genres of movies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHECK OUT MY ETSY!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/rubybluedesigns

http://rubybluedesigns.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/ruby_blue13

CURRENT SWAPS:
exstatic about eclipse - sent/waiting to recieve
ORGANISING: Two Tiny Things Fave Band Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351944
mango88
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009 01:46:07 AM »

i think this would be awesome fun... you should def do it you come have lots of fun things. i think that people should have a list of movies because then people can get to see something outside the realm of what they would normally see so it could be different... i hope you go ahead with this one
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009 10:44:22 AM »

Oooh this one sounds like fun.  I had thought about doing a Breakfast at Tiffany's box for a friend before.  I might be in for this if it gets organized
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesspimp81
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009 01:28:51 AM »

Sounds like lots of fun!  I'd definitely be interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
mochaseptember
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009 02:51:37 AM »

im interested! sounds fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Usagi-chan
You better call it Coulson, cause I'm starting to root for this guy.

"I need a distraction ... and an eyeball."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009 10:31:50 AM »

This sounds like a lot of fun! I should figure out the rules for people who ever swapped before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://usagiinwonderland.blogspot.com/ <== My Blog!!
"When there's no room left in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth."
http://www.wists.com/usagi-chan
http://pinterest.com/usagi/
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009 12:14:20 PM »

This could be a really cool swap, I'm definitely going to keep my eye on it. Also, I love movies and have no problem watching something new for my partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
auntiem
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009 04:50:37 PM »

This sounds like fun! Although, currently my fave movie is Tropic Thunder and I have no idea what could go in a box for that (panda hat perhaps?). I'm up for renting my partner's movie(s) if I haven't seen them if we can list genres that we don't want to watch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009 09:08:57 PM »

I think the original idea for this swap would be better. Like what boo_zombie said, you can pair us up by similar tastes, but the box is different. I also think that it would be more fun if i sent someone MY favorite movie, along with theatre stuff like a bag of microwavable popcorn, my favorite movie candy, and crafts related to the movie itself. And dvds are not all that expensive, you can get a new or used copy for fairly cheap off of half.ebay.com or amazon. Also if your movie is more than a year old, you could probably find it at any major store for $10 or less. Dvds depreciate in value very quickly unless it's a collector's edition and a classic.
I also think it would be way fun if we were paired by similar tastes in genres but have the movie be a surprise. Smiley I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009 10:02:08 PM »

I think the original idea for this swap would be better. Like what boo_zombie said, you can pair us up by similar tastes, but the box is different. I also think that it would be more fun if i sent someone MY favorite movie, along with theatre stuff like a bag of microwavable popcorn, my favorite movie candy, and crafts related to the movie itself. And dvds are not all that expensive, you can get a new or used copy for fairly cheap off of half.ebay.com or amazon. Also if your movie is more than a year old, you could probably find it at any major store for $10 or less. Dvds depreciate in value very quickly unless it's a collector's edition and a classic.
I also think it would be way fun if we were paired by similar tastes in genres but have the movie be a surprise. Smiley I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread though!

Either way would be lots of fun. Depending on when crafting time is, I'll be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mel_pez
Dawn's in trouble, it must be tuesday

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009 11:06:04 PM »

id most likely be in
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purple_girl
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009 12:58:57 PM »

this sounds a great swap  Smiley
either our favourite movie or discovering a new one!
i'd definetly be interested! (and in, most likely - depending when swap and send dates it is)
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009 01:10:14 PM »

i'd prolly do it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009 10:41:35 PM »

i think this would be a lot of fun, but i wouldnt want to send someone my fave movie, when renting is so cheap.  oooh, i'm drooling over a box filled with pulp fiction goodies Smiley or the labrynth, or natural born killers.... FUN
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009 12:45:04 PM »

I'll do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009 02:59:16 PM »

This is a very cool idea but I would have to agree about matching others with genres they are comfortable with.
Here are 5 of my top movies:
Phantasm
Fast Times at Ridgemont
The Burbs
Goonies
Pirates of the Caribbean
 some of these are older movies and some of the younger crowd would not know them. Phantasm is a cult classic horror movie that I lOve but not as popular with peopleI would definately do this one though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009 01:49:58 PM »

The Goonies OH I LOVE THE GOONIES no one I talk to has ever heard of it.  Woohoo I fellow Goonie Lover!!!!!!! I have been lurking thinking of doing this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009 09:06:50 PM »

This sounds like a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoreLove
MOM/photographer/wife/sister/daughter/CRAFTER!

Crafting to keep Sane.

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009 01:17:50 AM »

oh if only i can get all my feedback sorted out by the time this is happening,  i'd love to join. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's the Quiet ones you have to watch out for.  They truly know what is going on.

see my  etsy!  http://www.hookedandtangled.etsy.com
oingoboingirl

VYVYAN! YOU UTTER BASTARD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009 12:48:42 PM »

I'd probably be in, I'll just have to think of some of my favorite movies that someone else might have actually heard of and seen...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009 07:26:21 AM »

This does sound interesting Cheesy  I have an opinion though, that most don't seem to have.  I'd (personally) rather craft things introducing someone to a movie they've not seen.  Though I do see the value of getting things that relate to my favorite movie(s).  If you're interested in an idea for it, I'd say pair people up by the genres of movies they like, not the actual titles.  I know, personally, that I'll watch anything but horror...so getting to see these neat things that relate to someone's favorite movie would be really cool for me, and would most likely drive me to go out and rent it.  Or watch it online if that's what I chose.  This way, we're sharing the love, you know??
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009 07:27:31 AM by HandsyMalone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009 10:55:35 AM »

This does sound interesting Cheesy  I have an opinion though, that most don't seem to have.  I'd (personally) rather craft things introducing someone to a movie they've not seen.  Though I do see the value of getting things that relate to my favorite movie(s).  If you're interested in an idea for it, I'd say pair people up by the genres of movies they like, not the actual titles.  I know, personally, that I'll watch anything but horror...so getting to see these neat things that relate to someone's favorite movie would be really cool for me, and would most likely drive me to go out and rent it.  Or watch it online if that's what I chose.  This way, we're sharing the love, you know??

I totally agree. I mentioned something similar on another page. I think I'd only join if I were being introduced to a new movie I've never seen before and i was paired by genres. Also, it'd be fun to keep the movie a surprise.
But I'd also rather send the actual movie in my box. I don't subscribe to any movie rental things like netflix so renting a movie usually costs about $6-$8 for me. I can BUY most movies I'd want to buy from amazon or half.ebay.com for $10 or less. But I think im in the minority.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HandsyMalone

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009 12:14:25 PM »

I do agree with you, I'd rather include the movie. Some movies can be hard to find.I also agree that I'll join if we're not paired by movie, but by genres. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edwards1
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009 07:51:12 AM »

Okay what about this then....
We are paired by any genre but the ones you cannot/wont watch (ie. if you have children and you dont want horror or anything rated R....then send them stuff about musicals or other genres they are interested in...if that all made sense!) and we make like a small swap for that...

Then we craft their favorite movie as well...another small swap

Add these together and you get a normal sized swap....

So we get the best of both worlds...an opportunity to watch a new movie and get goodies from that...and an opportunity to get some goodies from your favorite movie!

I hope all that rambling made sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
HandsyMalone

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009 08:18:15 AM »

Soinds very good I think. I'm pretty sure I got what you were saying. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009 11:13:35 AM »

This does sound fun! Grin  I have so many movie loves, Harry Potters, Narnias, LOTR, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Twilight, Across the Universe, Lake House, Monty Python flicks, All About Eve, WALL-E, Citizen Kane, Jane Eyre, An Affair to Remember, Benjamin Button, Star Trek, My Fair Lady, Forrest Gump....I could go on and on.

Perhaps we could list our top 5 fav movies, so there is a variety for our partner to pick (to give room for inspiration, room for different movie ratings in case one of your favs is rated R, to give a bit of surprise).
I would definitely be interested in this swap, so I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009 11:18:36 AM »

Okay what about this then....
We are paired by any genre but the ones you cannot/wont watch (ie. if you have children and you dont want horror or anything rated R....then send them stuff about musicals or other genres they are interested in...if that all made sense!) and we make like a small swap for that...

Then we craft their favorite movie as well...another small swap

Add these together and you get a normal sized swap....

So we get the best of both worlds...an opportunity to watch a new movie and get goodies from that...and an opportunity to get some goodies from your favorite movie!

I hope all that rambling made sense!

Maybe everyone can have the choice of crafting their own favorite movie or their partner's favorite movie, or both and they can be paired accordingly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009 07:01:07 PM »

I am totally interested, but I think we should just craft for our partner's fave movie. That way they get a box of awesome stuff, and we have to watch their movie to do the swap.

Unless I am missing the point (which is a definite possibility!!!) and we are crafting stuff from our fave movie and buying them our fave movie and sending that package to them.....

I don't know. I think I like the first option better. Either way I will definitely keep my eyes open for this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
teffy
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009 07:10:01 PM »

I think listing your top favs and having your partner pick from one of those would be the best. 

I'd definitely participate in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009 06:17:01 AM »

... I think we should just craft for our partner's fave movie. That way they get a box of awesome stuff, and we have to watch their movie to do the swap....
ditto Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

three11queen311

taco's and burritos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009 09:47:19 PM »

i love the idea!! i would totally be one of the first to sign up.

i hope that i would receive a box about my own favorite movie.

i know it seem complicated to pair people up but if there is a top ten list i doubt you could go wrong as long as someone is not picking movies that are really low key
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellieinwonderland
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009 12:18:28 PM »

i think im totally confused.  Tongue sounds fun though. i will keep an eye on this thread as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But it's no use going back to yesterday, because i was a different person then." -Alice Through the Looking Glass
nurseninja

It's a BOY! Due FEB 22!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009 08:39:00 PM »

sounds cool!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Books free to good home: 201 Quilt Blocks, Vogue: Knit Accessorize, Country Weekend Knits, Sticker Magic**
butterflyangel
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009 01:46:52 PM »

wow..did i just come back from the dead or what?  Shocked

sorry guyss i got so busy with school and everything i completely forgot about this. I'm definitely starting this swap right now. Hope I'll see you guys there!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009 02:43:03 PM »

it's up guys!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Bronzed Summer Makeup
Tips to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Summer
Mercedes Benz Swim Miami 2015 L*Space by Monica Wise
Outrageous Beauty: Brow Feng Shui Treatment
The Best New Product To Conceal Dark Circles
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...