A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 46  (Read 26429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009 09:14:47 PM »

Rubs hands together to claim Yellowblanket for a full length apron!!

This is my second claim this round.
None sent (though im making progress!!)
None received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 36 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I just moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
First off any surprise off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

I would love some soft wool socks!!
Also a nice pair of mittens too!! (I know its currently Spring but sadly Winter will be back!!)
Chocolate brown snood in a 40s style
Knitted or crocheted beret hat in a dark color with a nice soft yarn

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Handmade lunch bags!!  I looking for one for each of my boys and hubby.  (Claim for one at a time is fine of course) I think i have examples on my wist!! My hubby uses a plastic shopping bag for his lunch so I would love one (shopping bag style) made of fabric but perhaps a bit decked out for lunch purposes (Ideas such as pockets, insulated with a utensil roll perhaps in asian fabric for a man. Kanjis perhaps?)

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse
Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Regency or Victorian era Reticule

Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length) (recieved one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

Victorian slipper.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

I sometimes buy bagged candy and really annoys me to have a few pieces left over in half a dozen bags.  So i would love a zippered bag in a candy themed fabric to put in my purse!!

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.     

Soap bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Lavendar sachets for my dresser drawers (ive received some but im addicted lol!!  I even hang them near open windows  Grin)

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Woodworking
I need a shelf for above my bathroom toilet!!  I just moved to a new home and need to decorate my own bathroom (living with 4 boys here I need my girly space lol)  My space from wall to wall is 26" (I can hit each side of the wall while sitting  )  It can be painted, stenciled, decoupaged!!  If painted or stenciled the colors I would like (I have pic of a shower curtain you can base colors on). I just ask that it have a victorian feel (especially if decoupaged please) to it!!  Other then that surprise me!!

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love  a chantilane.  However im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from like antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ 1048...1023..2934.. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003...1107
Simplicity~~ 2851,  2581, 2617
McCalls~~

Any (new or gently used) patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).  Vintage Sewing Patterns!!        36 Bust is perfect.
Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list

Sewing materials/supplies of any form is welcomed!!  Even if I dont need it right now it will eventually get used!!  Fabric of all shapes colors and sizes are welcomed!!  Buttons!! New or vintage!!  Cuts of fabric is also welcomed!!

Im always needing thread for sewing and this always stays on my list. I go through alot of black and white but love new colors too!! New or gently used is fine. The more the merrier and gently used is welcomed too !! Also serger thread (please no joanns brand) maxi lock is fine.

2 yard lengths of trims and any color is welcome !! Also stretch lace elastic would be nice. Patterned Ribbons is also welcomed too (again another one of my standbys lol)!!

Sewing Needles sizes 11/14 Ball Point and Regular.  Name brand quality preferred such as singer or comparative.

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probally best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts.  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too.

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white cards would be wonderful!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and stamp pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House collection would be wonderful

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble
**The voice of fashion 79 turn of the century fashion patterns Francis Gimble

Cookbooks are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I have a kitten that we all absolutely adore!!  Anything for him would be great!!  Cat pillow, toys with cat nip, bags of good cat nip to make him some with, kitty treats

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me Roll Eyes)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book (Pending perhaps?? Grin)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to recieve something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 09:25:11 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
rangerbeth
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009 08:03:00 AM »

I claim frosty 772 for 2 lunch bags for her kids.

This is my 2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 in transit, 0 received.

My name is Beth and Im a chubby 25 year old living in western Michigan. Im a graduate student in biology working with algae and insects in streams. I love all things sciency and naturey. Im trying to green up my lifestyle and make/buy handmade clothing, cleaning and bath supplies etc I am married to an awesomely crafty man who likes homemade stuff as much as me. I live with 3 cats in a tiny apartment and have no allergies. I like most colors but no neons or pastels, and red tends to be my favorite. I tend to opt for organic or linen fabric that has gone through little to no bleaching. With that said Im a nut for Amy Butler and Heather Ross type bold designs as well. I am pretty easy to please. PM me if you have any questions!

Crafts:
-A long wrap skirt (this gives an idea of the length:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24570617)
- A similarly long tiered peasant skirt (ex.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21199354)
- A little moss terrarium to brighten my dreary desk
- A little tea bag wallet (Ex. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24549762)
- A nerdy apron to wear in the laboratory
-A pinafore (either in the style of a top or a dress, but I would probably wear it over jeans
anyway) (ex. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24575601)
-Handmade soaps, bug repellents, body washes etc in woodsy scents
- Handmade makeup remover/ toner applying rag thingies (soft would be nice
        ex. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=23531414)
- Nerdy dinosaur shirt for my husband (xl)
-Soothing eye pillow or heat/cold pack for neck and shoulders (or that achy time of the
   month thing)
-A mat to go in front of the litter box. I have doodoo crystals EVERYWHERE the little
jerks.
-Swirly metal earrings (ex. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19007451)
-Craft related garb (pinbacks, screen-printed shirts, etc)
-Anything that has to do with The A-team (especially B.A. Baracus)
-Springy gauzy scarf
 (ex. http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/10/31/shot-cotton-   scarves/#comment-2654)
-Camera case for my Sony Cybershot  DSC-H3

Supplies:
-Fabric large enough to use in a sewing pattern
-Needle felting wool
-Lavender for sachets and eye soothers
-Essential oils
- Earring hooks
- Buttons, new old and all colors
- Any kind of organizers for fabric, ribbon, jewelry etc my sewing space is a MESS
-Wool felt, any size any color
-Needle felting kit
-Fabric yo-yo maker

Extras:
-Tea, any kind really
-Craft books related to sewing
- Any kind of screen-printed art for the house
- leftover crafty mags
-If out of country, unique knick knacks from the region
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2009 08:09:00 AM »

I claim rangerbeth for a spring scarf and several other surprises--her list is so great, I just can't decide.  Smiley

This is my 2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 in transit, 0 received.

I'm an ABD grad student in art history, 32, living in North Carolina.  I knit, sew, and am new to embroidery.  My aesthetic is very minimal--I try to surround myself with simple, beautiful, natural things.  William Morris said it best:  Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.  I love natural colors and materials, especially organic and sustainable, and various shades of grey, blue, green, and brown (and lovely clear red). 

Here's my wishlist.  Thank you!

CRAFTS

stenciled placemats in natural colors like browns, blues, greens, orange/rust/red

altered art clock made from an altoids tin

recycled gears clock I am seriously in love with this clock!

embroidered nite owl panel for my husband the watchmen fan!  I want to make this into a pillow for him for xmas

crocheted o-ring necklace in spring green

summer shawl or wide scarf in summer-weight yarns or fabric--perhaps in clear red, white, or medium blue? 

large fabric bucket like this one or any of the burlap buckets at mayamade

reusable sandwich wraps and snack bags

fabric shower cap

knitted, crocheted, or sewn lavender sachets Im making socks for everyone on my Xmas list this year, and Id like to include a lavender sachet with each package.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs). 

drawstring bags to use for wrapping gift socks.  Big enough to fit a pair of socks.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs).  Simple muslin or osanburg cloth with botanical type stencils or stamps would be perfect!

soft embroidered handkerchiefs

dish scrubbies made from recycled plastic bags

handspun or hand-dyed yarn

tea towels -- embroidered, embellished, or stenciled

outer space stuffies -- these little robot / space guys

jewelry made of recycled china, fused glass, or stained glass

modern laminated-fabric placemats

hand-thrown green, brown, blue or purple ceramic bowls

hand-woven, -painted, -dyed, -printed, or -stenciled  textiles of any kind

SUPPLIES
pre-loved is more than fine for these!  and a supplies-only package is great.

wool yarn scraps --  Inspired by mimiw, Im collecting scraps of wool (or other animal fiber) for a scrappy knitting project.  Send me the odds and ends of your projects--handspun scraps work too!  Animal fibers only, and at least 1 yard per scrap, please!   A whole package of these would make me very happy!

stitch magazine
- spring 2009

wool felt

dried lavender for making sachets

sock blockers in all sizes (kids, adult S, M, L)

blocking board

embroidery patterns --  Japanese, sublime stitching (especially artists series #7, #5, #3, chinese acrobats, vintage lamps, vital organs), clover (kitchen, animals, garden), wee wonderfuls, anything vintage / modern  (but no cutesy animals, country, or kitsch, please)

pom pom tree -- a type of pom pom maker

vintage nightgown and lingerie patterns, small-medium sizes

vintage sheets in good condition -- flowers are fine, but go easy on the pink!   

bird-watching kit -- I'm totally ignorant about birds but have been thinking that I would love to learn!

OR anything you like to craft that you think fits my taste based on my wishes or wists

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 08:11:56 AM by oneredboot » THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2009 09:06:13 PM »

I claim oneredboot for something wisit inspired

Claims: 1  Sent: 0   Recieved: 0

About me:  I'm a 23yr old single mommy (my son Levi is 22months).  We live in florida with my parents and a big dog. 

Likes: the beach, ocean, dolphins, fishys, sharks, ocean related and bright colors, anything environmentally friendly, anything fun for a toddler. 

Dislikes:  cigarette smoke, pastel colors, custsey/cartoony things, TV/movie characters, camouflage print, leather or animal products (we are vegetarian), anything violent or creepy,  plastic, things easily destroyed by a small boy.

___________________ ___________________ ______________
Top choices in red. 

Crafted things:

set of shirts for my dad and my son   - Mens M or L that says Buddy, toddler 18month or 2T that says Lil' Guy

Birthday favors (sutable for kids 0-4, 'natural' type things prefered)  and other supplies and decor for Levi's 2nd b-day  'Have a ball' beach ball sorta theme (is that dumb?)

Birthday shirt or outfit for Levi - would love a shirt w/shorts, or I can make the shorts to match a shirt w/ the same fabric or something ? 

Clothing type stuff for my son:  He wears 18month or 2T ish I can get his measurments
Shirts -  Big peace sign, his name, extended rearfacing advocacy, giraffe, tie dye, or pretty much anything unique.
Handmade or embellished clothes
Hats (summer, nothing knitted/crochet, its too hot!)
Pjs
Swim socks
Swim suit
Hooded beach towel
swim socks or watershoes
Toddler size apron, made from a fabric with a food print (no meat please, something vegetarian, I've seen some cool prints with fruits on them, or chili peppers something like that!)
Boyish dress up clothes.  He has a crown, and thats it. 

Toys:
Playsilks, a big rainbow one would be awesome, but anything is fine
Wooden toys anything! 
Anything educational (learning colors, numbers, ASL, animals, simple words etc)
Toy sewing machine
Toy wii remote
books
crochet sandwitch with different things to put in it
crochet pizza (cheese or veggie)
bath crayons or paint

Clothing stuff for me
Totally simple is fine, anything good for hot weather that won't look dorky on me xs/s/0-2 can get measurements -
Summer skits
Sundress
Some sort of sunhat
Hair accessories that will work in long, super fine hair
Pjs!
Bikini crochet would be awesome, or just sewn would be good too.  Something functional but cute. 

Other stuff for me:
Mama cloth, liners/light, PUL backing, snaps, dark/stain hiding colors, nothing bulky

Soy tarts for tart warmer strong scents, anything fruity/food/summery/clean smells no granny smells or musky stuff
Body spray see scent ideas above
Lip gloss/chapstick
Tote type bag with pockets in it, simple is fine, I'm using a reusable grocery bag now, but I need something that can organize things a little better. 
Something to hold just my keys when I dont have any pockets

Other stuff for Levi:
'piddle pad' type thing - waterproof blanket type thing to put on the bed to protect from excessive drool (Levi's not mine)
Fish mobile (prefer realistic fish, not cartoony)
Anything cool with Levis name on it. 
Pillow case for a small pillow (I need to measure it) for Levis bed, with his name and fish/sharks or something on it.
Ring sling in light fabric
Baby carrier for toddler for in the water
Library bag that holds 3 toddler books

Stuff for the house:
Scented Wool dryer balls
Box/basket/bucket or something that can fit on the back of the toilet to hold cloth wipes (dry ones)
Any storage thingys for toys, sewing supplies
Stuff to decorate our room, ocean theme
Set of snapping unpaper towels
Cool dcor for a TINY fish tank (1 gallon)
Something to organize the stuff in the car

ASL posters to put up all around the house with appropriate signs for that room, like bath, wash, brush teeth, potty, etc for in the bathroom,  food signs for in the kitchen etc.  Simple is fine, just to help me remember to sign more and help Levi learn more signs. 

Anything to help start a new garden - would love some of those 'picks' to lable all the plants

Anything dragon fly related - my mommy loves dragon flies and I try to get her random cool stuff once in a while!

Supplies:

Starter kits  - needle felting, resin casting (like for pendants), tye dye, batik, soap making, candy making, -  actually any craft would be awesome, I like to learn new things!

Toddler appropriate craft supplies or ideas

Playsilk blanks
Solid colour clothing, sizes newborn through adult

Fabric:
PUL
Ripstop
grippy fabric (for the bottom of shoes)
Any designer fabrics, even scraps
Anything unique even small amounts!
2yds or more pieces of bottomweight fabric( doesnt have to be full length)
Fabric with food prints fruits, veggies, candy etc. 

Small zippers, overall buckles, snaps, buttons, clasps, shoe laces etc for busy books even used/off old clothing is fine

Other:

Sewing magazines/books
Size 5.5 toddler flip flops 
Old navy flip flops size 6,, 7 or 8 (womens) any colors. 
Anything dolphin related
Anything fun for a toddler (he is easily amused)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009 06:44:44 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpencerTwins2007
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009 02:07:13 PM »

I claim leighi123 for a Toddler Tye dye shirt and some other goodies.

3rd claim, 0 sent, 0 received

Hello! My name is Jennifer and I'm from Buffalo NY. I am a May baby, my birthday is May 26th!!!

I live with my husband, 2 year old twins and I am 32 weeks pregnant with our big suprise baby girl due 7-2! I have a facebook, myspace and wist. I am trying to live green and be a green Mommy  We are in the middle of buying/ selling our home so I am so excited to be able to decorate a new house but not excited about the move!!!

Crafted items:

BIG WISH: A birdie mobile or anything Birdie related for my little girls room. Example for inspiration: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/

A Witsy Suprise

A diaper bag. Something simple. I love black and white fabrics or Amy Butler style fabrics.

A moby stlye baby wrap in a cute print.

Small knitted or crochet baby blanket in fun colors -- pinks, lime greens

A ring sling

AIO Cloth diapers

Baby sling in a fun fabric ( http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22677687&ref=sr_gallery_11&&ga_search_query=baby+sling&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title)

Nursing pads in cute fabrics http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24427770&ref=sr_gallery_14&&ga_search_query=baby+sling&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Crocheted amigurumi except turtles I have these

Any crochet or knit play food

Fabric baskets in black and white or neutral colors to match our living room

Supplies:
Freezer paper
Razor to cut out stencils
Tee shirt dye
Hand spun yarn

Thanks to anyone that claims me!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 02:13:54 PM by SpencerTwins2007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist : http://www.wists.com/spencertwins2007

I love doing personal swaps!!!
sunspotted
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2009 02:32:51 PM »

I claim SpencerTwins2007 for ... a small crochet baby blanket in fun colors -- pinks, lime greens and some crochet play food.

This is my second claim and I'm in Canada.  BRB with my list.

Crafted Stuff (examples of most of these things can be found on my wist)

* Giant zippered WIP bag for toting around everything involved in making an afghan. 
* Black & white art for my walls - photography, sketches, charcoals (love), embroidery, anything.
* Bath poufs knitted/crocheted.  White or blue cotton preferably please.
* Wind chimes - something blue or silvery or coppery or wood and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky -- thanks claire313, but I have a huge deck so there's plenty of room for another set or two Smiley
* Body pillow cases in blues and greens.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Container for spare change.  I'd prefer one with a large lid as opposed to a traditional piggy bank slot.
* Swap journal - the kind with pages already printed and I just fill in the info.
* HUGE WISH!!  Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige.  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary. 
* Car trash bag.
* Embroidered tea towels in fall colours - nature themes, food themes, plants, nothing with a face please.
* Notecards that are blank inside to include in swap packages.  Crafty ones would be particularly awesome.  Nature themes are also welcome.
* Soft eye mask that you put in the freezer.
* Light (colour and weight) head scarves.
* Scented sachets for my closet (hanging) and my drawers (not-hanging).  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional lavender scent, so something else less floral would be fabulous.

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day and I would love anything from or inspired by it!

Supplies (I live far away from any and all craft stores, supplies are like gold to me, an all-supply package is absolutely fine by me)  -- thanks AbbyRose, not going to say no to more supplies though.

* Black and white patterned scrapbook paper, not all the same, full sized sheets to put on my walls.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  Fancy fabulous yarn is wonderful.  Handspun is divine.  Nice acrylic is fine too, worsted weight, I use it for everything including scrapghans, so scraps are fine too.  Baby yarn that isn't pink is wonderful.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours and more especially red, apparently we're only allowed to buy it around Christmas in Canada).  I've fallen in love with felting, so wool is fabulous, especially in blues and greens (for a kitty bed).  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here recycled, corn, soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that. 
* Crochet hooks - metal with bamboo or Softouch handles any size (especially G) or an S hook.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine. 
* Scraps (no matter how small) of felt, any colours.
* Embroidery floss - black, white, light grey, light blue and light green.
* July/August 2008 Crochet Today! magazine.  Something went wrong with my subscription and they skipped that month.  Anybody done with theirs?
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Yarn bobbins.
* Large glass beads, any colour.
* Seed beads, any colour.
* Buttons!
* Black paint markers.
* Tunisian crochet "kit", Id love to learn but have no hooks or directions.
* Freezer Paper (a how-to-stencil using freezer paper tute would be awesome too, but not absolutely necessary).
* Small frames (3x5" ish) black or wood that I can paint black.  I need 12 but you don't have to send that many and they don't have to match.
* Paint stir sticks. 
* Small pieces of softwood, I've been playing around with some pendant carving. 

Extras

* I never say no to sugarless gum or favourite recipes (especially for baking). 
* Maldon sea salt.  I can't find it here, my grocery store won't order it and I am craving pretzels like crazy.
* Other foodie extras, I LOVE to bake.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are particularly appreciated. 

About Me

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (39 now, I think) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of chick who is completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share her rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  My primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to work on my sewing, embroidery and knitting skills.   However, I have the attention span of a gnat, 47 different jobs and a 24 hour day is way too short.

I love nature and animals, music and books.  I like crafting for babies but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright teal is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   Every time I mention blue or green in my list, I am thinking of brighter, clearer colours as opposed to the navy, forest, khaki ones - think sky blue, apple green, leaf green, light turquoise, etc.  Im allergic to most metals and dont wear much jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph and getting a package in the mail is enough to prompt me to gleeful, dorktastically bad dancing. 

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me, let me know if I stall.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 02:37:39 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Mlsocci74
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009 04:43:58 PM »

I claim sunspotted for a swap journal and some more goodies.

3rd claim - 0 sent, 1 rec'd

CRAFTS:

* An adjustable chef's hat for my son. 

* Personalized drum sticks for my daughter (she is 13) and has been playing for couple years now.

* Something guitar related for my son (he is 8 on 3/4/09) and has been playing for over a year now.

* A set of these hot/cold packs:  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21650577 - thank you missgabbielynn

* Something for my pug dog, my sis's golden dog or my kitty.

* Something for a guy friend getting surgery on his foot in a couple weeks.  He'll be laid up and not able to work for months.  Would LOVE a tshirt (medium) that says "Ma, the meatloaf!"  LOL

*  Something to show my cancer support.  My sister is going 3/30 to have cancerous and pre-cancerous cells removed (all signs of cancer have been removed and things look great);  my step mom is waiting to hear back about her biopsy (breast cancer - update step-mom is cancer free) and mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer.  All of this in the last month or so.  Would love prayers for this too if you can, thanks. --- Thank you MissDisney & phoenixfiredesigns

* Arm warmers in fun funky patterns for my daughter. - thank you yellowblanket

* A cute punk skirt or shirt for my daughter.  She is 13 and likes the punk look.  Nothing too short or sexy. Smiley

* Something like the purple one for my daughter.....too cute -  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295115.msg3357605#msg3357605

* Handmade soap - cold process/hot process anything but glycerine (as I make that).  - thanks mcook72677 

* Any other punk items a 13 year old girl would love to have.  Smiley  - thanks missmuffcake

* Handmade picture frames (black) with opening for 5"x5" photos

* Smallish colorful wool felted beads ( or roving to make my own)

* A dress like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193783.0

* A silicone bracelet mold (the real flexible kind) - BIG WISH

* I would love a shirt (sweat shirt, long sleeved or tshirt) with a very nice flourish design on it.   And just to let you know, I am a big girl - 2x (or 3x if items runs small)

* Would love some handmade rubber stamps - old tattoo style/punk would be awesome - Thanks Stellato_

* Knit socks

* Would love any purses/messenger bag.  - Thanks Avesthel

* a painting with cherry blossoms or a dogwood tree would be nice. Thanks Murbek

CRAFT SUPPLIES:

* Sterling silver blanks for stamping....prefer round with hole in already.  and other stamping blanks (copper, steel, etc.)
* Silver bails to glue to back of pendants
* SUPER HUGE UNREALISTIC WISH: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161100.0
* Guitar picks, for jewelry
* A good ring mandrel with sizes- used is fine
* a silicone mold making kit, the mix and pour kind
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fast-Silicone-RTV-Mold-Making-Putty_W0QQitemZ330193520899QQihZ014QQcategoryZ41207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
* Ring Blanks - can't have too many, can ya?  LOL
* Bracelet blanks
* Printable shrink plastic
* Bamboo Placemat (with the rectangle tiles for altering)
* A wooden soap loaf mold for cold process soap making. 
* A soap loaf mold cutter.
* Game pieces for me to alter (domino, scrabble, etc)
* Gunmetal jewelry supplies (ear wires, chain and findings)

anything from or inspired by my wists - I keep adding more and more.   http://www.wists.com/Mlsocci74  There is a bunch on my wists

Thanks to whover chooses me!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 04:46:53 PM by Mlsocci74 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

doyouloveanapple
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009 09:43:00 PM »

I claim Mlsocci74 for some wool felted beads!

This is my first claim- 0 sent, 0 received.

Hello! Im Rose from Ontario Canada. Im 24 years old and currently work at and Addictions hospital doing alcohol policy research. I live with my one beautiful Siamese cat. I dont smoke, and the cat stays away from my crafting.

I have sort of conflicting tastes. I love things that are very natural in colour (eg. Beige, green, blue, brown) and form (eg. Leaves, birds, octopi). However, I also LOVE anything that is red or sparkly. My best friend says I have a Dorothy complex. Im not really a fan of other bright colours, especially not neon.

As far as themes go I enjoy plants (especially green leaves and tree bark), Mexican folk art, poppies, things with a 40s- early 60s pop art feel (including pin up girls, astronauts etc), cute food with faces, apples, old anatomy diagrams and medical texts, the colours leaf green, light pink and red, and polka dots.

Im not actually that picky, and I am usually happy with whatever I get, as long as its well made.

Allergies:

Me: I am very sensitive to smells, they give me a headache. Especially true for musky/incense smells. However I do very much like lavender scented things.

My Cat: I guess this isnt an allergy, but he is a wool sucker, which means he eats wool and other sorts of fibres that resemble wool. He also eats plants. I can not have these sorts of things in my house for decoration. He also thinks that anything squishy (such as a stuffed bird for example or small cushion) is his to play with.

Wool is perfectly fine for wearables however.

Crafts:

-Wist surprise!

-A nuno felted scarf or wrap (see wist)

-Pottery (especially mugs or small bowls)

-Crochet dangly toys for my cat made out of acrylic yarn (its a supervised toy)- Such as this:

-A painting or felt figure of a seal point Siamese cat

-Silver necklace or charm
(I like charms of random objects a lot ie. Fork, food etc., but anything not to large would be great)

-Silver rings- (I wear a 7.5)

-Wrap pants in this style:
http://www.mediatinker.com/blog/archives/008262.html (PM me for measurements). Preferably black or dark brown.

-An apron for keeping me clean when I bake. Im between a US 4 and 6, but 57.

-Quilted pot holders

-A lipstick holder (or decorated lipstick holder) to keep my lip gloss from getting on my purse. Its longer and thinner than a regular lipstick tube.

-Lavender scented candles

-A feathery headband (see wist)

-A needle book

-Embroidered tea towels or napkin set

-Day of the dead christmas ornaments (especially ones with sequins)

Supplies

-Wool roving

-Savon de Marseille,  Olive oil soap

-Any polymer clay

-Rotary cutter

Extras:

-Candy or other junk food  (especially anything that is regional for you.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 09:47:54 PM by doyouloveanapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.et sy.com
stitch81
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2009 06:34:10 AM »

I claim doyouloveanapple for an apron and needlebook.

This is my 2 claim, 1 sent,  0 received

My name is Melanie.  I am a 27 year old SAHM of 3 children so clutter comes with the territory.  I prefer to receive things that have a use over purely decorative things.  Items to help with organization are always welcome!   I love reading, sewing, and crafting.  I live on a farm in Iowa.   I have 2 cats who think they own the place and my husband has a few hundred fish (he breeds them and sells them).  I love traveling, but hate the driving involved.  If you are crafting for me or my family, please keep items G-rated.no scary skulls, profanity, or other potentially offensive items.  We are a smoke free family, and prefer to not receive items from a smoking home (smokey smells give me breathing troubles).  There are no other allergy issues.  This list was made at the beginning of winter, so of course, I would prefer that winter items be the last to be chosen.

Crafts

*I love jewelry, dangly earrings, necklaces on the smaller length side (18 inches is perfect) , bracelets (6.5 inches) like them to have a grown up look to them.  If that needs clarifyingjust refer to my wists.

*knitted or crocheted socks, preferably charcoal,oatmeal, black, burgundy or hunter green colors.  Wear a size 9 US.  Would love them to come to mid-calf length.

*resin jewelry check out my wists for some ideasdont have to be exactly like what is pictured there.  I really love the goldfish bowl themed one.

*reusable shopping bags that are patterned after the plastic ones. 

*stenciled/bleached/or other styles of decorated t-shirts keep them G-rated as I have small kiddos.  Some theme ideas.. Love House MD, NCIS, CSI, SURVIVOR, BECOMING JANE, PRIDE & PREJUDICE, Pirates of the Caribbean, and craftster themed stuff  Oh I wear a size small.  The following pertains to CLOTHING ONLYIm not a fan of pastels, browns, blues, oranges, yellows, or neons.  I do like, burgundies, hunter greens, purples, black,white or heather gray is just fine, and darker redsnot the bright reds

EDIT: since we are getting into the summer season, the brighter colors are just fine.

*A combination crochet hook and knitting needle roll

*Fabric placematsfor a  setting of 6  (wists)  Coordinating napkins would be nice too  I would REALLY REALLY love this wish fulfilled.  I can provide pics of my dining room if needed to give you an idea of the wall & furniture..

*anything from my wists  www.wists.com/stitch81

*Some sort of organizer that attaches to the back of a car seat to hold coloring books, crayons, pencils etc, for our summer vacation trips

*aprons full-style (I already have a valentines theme one)

*table runner type thing that I will use for the top of my craft cabinetsize preference is 18 inches x 4 ft. No dangles though, the cats will attack them! Lol.  This is in my dining room so chocolate colors would be good.

Craft Supplies

*zippers black or white 8 or 14 inches long. (not the invisible kind, and not the chunky kind..just the regular ones)

*small game type pieces for some I-Spy bags that I want to makethere is an example in my wist

*elastic-the thinner width kind

*resin molds-, maybe some bangle bracelet molds?  Cant find them where I live.  Or maybe some of the circular earring molds I already have the molds for small teardrop, rectangle, and square shapes

*stuff to add to the resincolorings, tiny bitsetc. 

Extras

*chocolate is always welcome! Lol

*whatever you want to throw indont have anything specific

If you have anything you that would love to make for me, but I dont have it listedfeel free!  I love swapping because it gives me the opportunity to receive things that I cant make myself, and also to enjoy the different styles of the people who are crafting for me!  All I ask is that items be kept g-rated!  Thanks! And if you are the one choosing meThank you sooooo much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oneredboot
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2009 07:11:29 AM »

I claim stitch81 for a full-length apron. 

This is my 3rd claim, 0 sent, 0 in transit, 0 received.

I'm an ABD grad student in art history, 32, living in North Carolina.  I knit, sew, and am new to embroidery.  My aesthetic is very minimal--I try to surround myself with simple, beautiful, natural things.  William Morris said it best:  Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.  I love natural colors and materials, especially organic and sustainable, and various shades of grey, blue, green, and brown (and lovely clear red). 

Here's my wishlist.  Thank you!

CRAFTS

stenciled placemats in natural colors like browns, blues, greens, orange/rust/red

altered art clock made from an altoids tin

recycled gears clock I am seriously in love with this clock!

embroidered nite owl panel for my husband the watchmen fan!  I want to make this into a pillow for him for xmas

crocheted o-ring necklace in spring green

summer shawl or wide scarf in summer-weight yarns or fabric--perhaps in clear red, orange, white, or green?

large fabric bucket like this one or any of the burlap buckets at mayamade

reusable sandwich wraps and snack bags

fabric shower cap

refashioned crochet-embellished tank

nuno-felted "corsage" in orange!

knitted, crocheted, or sewn lavender sachets Im making socks for everyone on my Xmas list this year, and Id like to include a lavender sachet with each package.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs). 

drawstring bags to use for wrapping gift socks.  Big enough to fit a pair of socks.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs).  Simple muslin or osanburg cloth with botanical type stencils or stamps would be perfect!

soft embroidered handkerchiefs

dish scrubbies made from recycled plastic bags

handspun or hand-dyed yarn

tea towels -- embroidered, embellished, or stenciled

outer space stuffies -- these little robot / space guys

jewelry made of recycled china, fused glass, or stained glass

modern laminated-fabric placemats

hand-thrown green, brown, blue or purple ceramic bowls

hand-woven, -painted, -dyed, -printed, or -stenciled  textiles of any kind

SUPPLIES
pre-loved is more than fine for these!  and a supplies-only package is great.

wool yarn scraps --  Inspired by mimiw, Im collecting scraps of wool (or other animal fiber) for a scrappy knitting project.  Send me the odds and ends of your projects--handspun scraps work too!  Animal fibers only, and at least 1 yard per scrap, please!   A whole package of these would make me very happy!

stitch magazine
- spring 2009

wool felt

dried lavender for making sachets

sock blockers in all sizes (kids, adult S, M, L)

blocking board

embroidery patterns --  Japanese, sublime stitching (especially artists series #7, #5, #3, chinese acrobats, vintage lamps, vital organs), clover (kitchen, animals, garden), wee wonderfuls, anything vintage / modern  (but no cutesy animals, country, or kitsch, please)

pom pom tree -- a type of pom pom maker

vintage nightgown and lingerie patterns, small-medium sizes

vintage sheets in good condition -- flowers are fine, but go easy on the pink!   

bird-watching kit -- I'm totally ignorant about birds but have been thinking that I would love to learn!

OR anything you like to craft that you think fits my taste based on my wishes or wists

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009 07:16:24 AM by oneredboot » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pottery Making: Choosing Clay
Pottery Making: Determining Foot Ring Size When Trimming
How to Make Your Own Photo Canvases
How to Make a Diagonal Stitch in Loom Knitting
How to Make a Stockinette Stitch in Loom Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...