A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 73331 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

designdiva18
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2006 08:48:39 PM »

A question for all of you Orangina experts. Do you think that Lion Brand Microspun would work for this? I am looking for a nice pattern to use some of my stash up on and the microspun has been at the start of about four projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschy-kitchen
finishes last

knits with elves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2006 04:00:10 AM »

i love yours sararosa,stripe and all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2006 06:32:05 AM »

I finally finished! I'm generally really happy with the fit, I did the size small and it's just right. the yarn is dmc cotton senso, 100% cotton.

If you don't mind me asking, what size do you usually wear? I'm planning to start up on this pattern by next week and I would like to know if this pattern run small, meaning I usually wear a large but should I knit this in an x-large.

By the way, your Orangina came out beautiful. The strip looks like it was done on purpose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawnya00
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2006 07:40:09 AM »

designdiva, carrieoke made hers out of microspun in a purple color and it turned out well i think. She has a blog, just google.

rosecomet, i have a large bust (36) but a small frame. I made the medium for one half and the small for another and I would give anything to go back and really downsize. This pattern runs large as it is lace. I hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2006 08:18:03 AM »

Yes it does help, Thank You.  It gives me a sense of what to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sararosa
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2006 10:08:35 AM »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. For some reason the stripe reallly bothers me, I'm even thinking about dyeing the whole piece black or something. Anyone tried doing that with 100% cotton? I just don't want to not wear it after all the time I put in, ya know? But I'm being  way too perfectionistic.... I know....

Rosecomet -- I usually wear a medium in tops. My bust is a 34d. I'm glad I did the small though - it's not tight at all. I think it makes sense to go down a size from what you usually do. So if you usually wear a large you might want to do the medium size.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerLeigh
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2006 10:14:13 AM »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. For some reason the stripe reallly bothers me, I'm even thinking about dyeing the whole piece black or something. Anyone tried doing that with 100% cotton? I just don't want to not wear it after all the time I put in, ya know? But I'm being  way too perfectionistic.... I know....

Can you contact the place you bought it and see if they can send you some of the same dyelot?  Redoing the ribbing wouldn't be terrible.  I still think that's not right that they'd give you different dyelots in the same kit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2006 10:16:51 AM »

Here's mine.  I finished this on Sunday.  The only thing I did different was double strand the ribbing, and drop a needle size for it.  I like how it turned out, I just wish the waist had a little more shaping to it.  A co-worker suggested I run some elastic along the inside of the shirt, not to sure about that, so I'm open to other suggestions.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sararosa
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2006 11:33:00 AM »

Necia, it looks great! Maybe you could run a ribbon through some of the holes at the bottom of the lace section, and use that to cinch it a little tighter?

What yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2006 11:55:19 AM »

I used Patons Grace and size 3 and 0 addi's.  I made the next size after the smallest, and cast on 103.  I'm going to go buy some 1/8" elastic today after work, and just make the ribbing more flarey.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Pearl, The Beauty Girl; At-Home Hair Color Review
Pony Tail Hair Extensions Backstage at the Herve Leger Fall 2012
Exploding Curls at Badgley Mischka Fall 2012
How to Style Hollywood Inspired Waves
5 Stylist Tips For Your Next Hair Cut
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...