A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 71696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Necia
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2006 06:54:43 PM »

Well I started swatching with 6's as per ball band, and I just wasn't happy with the way it was looking.  Too meshy if that's an actual word.  I went and bought size 4 addi's and I love the results.  The gauge is different of course, but my calculator helped out there (I hope).  I won't officially cast on til Saturday, so in the meanwhile, I'm going to think about sizing, and how much ease I want.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shizzys
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2006 08:16:49 PM »

3x3 Ribbing - I'm finally there.  I'm a b-school student so it took me two months to finally finish the lace portion for the front and the back - its gorgeous, I haven't been so excited in weeks!!!  I have a silly question - I'm making the medium size which required me to CO 121 stitches.  Since I have both the front and the back on the circulars, that equals 242 sts on the needles.  My understanding of 3x3 is 3K then 3P.  However, 242 is not cleanly divisible by 3.  Am I missing something?    Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerLeigh
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2006 05:24:36 AM »

3x3 Ribbing - I'm finally there.  I'm a b-school student so it took me two months to finally finish the lace portion for the front and the back - its gorgeous, I haven't been so excited in weeks!!!  I have a silly question - I'm making the medium size which required me to CO 121 stitches.  Since I have both the front and the back on the circulars, that equals 242 sts on the needles.  My understanding of 3x3 is 3K then 3P.  However, 242 is not cleanly divisible by 3.  Am I missing something?    Tongue

I had issues with that too--I knit a few stitches together to get it down to a number that would work for 3x3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2006 08:44:18 PM »

I think I'm starting this soon for the Sexy Knitters Club KAL. I'm worried about the shortness of this though. Stephanie is one of my favorite designers but most of her tops are somewhat cropped, since I'm not a skinny little thing like her, the top won't look quite as good I'm afraid. Did anyone lengthen this or know if that would be an easy task?

My other option is Somewhat Cowl...which may be the one I pick, I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yuvee
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2006 11:32:26 AM »

It should be supper easy to alter the length, just add more ribbing! If you don't want too much ribbing, you could just knit the lace part longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erincatherine
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2006 04:47:35 PM »

I was wondering if it was possible to see what other yarns people are using? I don't have a Rowan distributor locally, and to pay for shipping...ergh.  Pawing through the thread I noticed:

-Madil All Seasons cotton
-Elann Endless Summer (this would require shipping, but the yarn is so cheap!)

are there other substitutions people have made? I checked online and the gauge for 4ply cotton is 28 sts/4" on size 2-3 needles in stst.  Do those who have made this think going with that gauge for a substitution is a good way to go? It is hard to substitute when the gauge is identified on in the pattern as something other than stst.  (to buy a million different balls and swatch would defeat the purpose of buying a less expensive yarn!!)

thanks all...the finished products are LOVELY.
-k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns. etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns. blogspot.com
Necia
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2006 04:54:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure I will be using Patons Grace.  My gauge came out smaller than the required one, so I just calculated the math, and re-wrote up the simple pattern.  Now, whether or not it will work, only time will tell.  I've yet to start, but I will be starting on the 1st as part of the Sexy Knitter KAL.

necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sararosa
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2006 10:05:34 AM »

I ordered the kit from Discountyarnsale.co m and the yarn that comes with it is DMC Cotton Senso. Talk about cheap - three skeins only cost $6.60!

If you decide to go that route, don't buy the kit because you end up losing money on it -- you are better off just buying the yarn and pattern seperately.

As for the yarn, it's pretty stiff - but I think it will also be sturdy, and I think I will be happy with the finished product. My gauge seems to be fine with size 3 needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katatonic
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2006 03:38:08 PM »

http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=IBB

i was looking foward to working with Rowan 4ply Cotton but i dont like the colors and its expensive.
I found this yarn and it looks to be a perfect match. It comes in tons of colors and its fairly inexpensive.
Of course, I have no money to buy for the project. So until I have some extra cash, the pattern will sit on my desktop... waiting.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erincatherine
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2006 07:50:33 AM »

oh, both of those look like good replacements.  I am going home (acrioss the country to MA) for a VERY short visit, but I hope a trip to Webs in Northampton is in the cards.  I will look for both!!
as if I need another project.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns. etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns. blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch a Cartoon Man
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Lion
How to Sketch Charlie Brown
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Cat
How to Sketch Tweety Bird
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...