A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 73348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mgenevieve
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2005 06:53:53 AM »

Hey guys, I would love to join this knitalong.  I got the pattern for Orangina from my SP5 after admiring it for a long time.  Then, being the awesome person she is, my SP also bought me the yarn!  So I'm making it in the recommended Rowan yarn, in the bright pink.  I decided to do front and back at once.  That's been a good thing except I sometimes accidentally do too many rows on one side at once.  Also, did anyone block their Orangina?  I'm thinking I'm going to take the pieces off the needle and do a light block before starting the ribbing.  It's way to curly and crumply right now not to.

All the Oranginas I've seen on this thread have looked great!  You all rock!  I'll post a picture of my progress soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerLeigh
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2005 05:32:46 PM »

teruterubouzu, yours is beautiful!  Looks great on you.

Here's a not too interesting progress shot of my orangina.  I'm doing it in the round from the armholes down, and it's working well.  The lace starts to hurt my hands after a while though, so I can't do too much at once. 

I'm using Elann's endless summer lara cotton in black. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teruterubouzu
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2005 07:12:19 PM »

That looks so great! I love that black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerLeigh
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2005 01:27:49 PM »

Finished!  I ended up using 4 balls of the endless summer yarn from Elann.  I could have used a bit more length, but that's ok.  I blocked it a bit, but it didn't need much.  Luckily it's still tank top weather here in Houston so I can get a few uses out of it before it gets cold!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teruterubouzu
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2005 05:15:11 AM »

Nice work! It looks so great in black. I may have to make another one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shizzys
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2006 08:11:28 AM »

I'm just starting, and I have a question... I'm doing the M size which calls for casting on 121 sts.  What's interesting is that the lace pattern is a multiple of 9, + 4 sts = 13 sts.  13 doesn't neatly divide into 121, although it does into 130 (the no of sts to cast on for the L size).  Do I basically stop on the lace pattern no matter where I am when I have 1 or 2 sts left (for either Row 2 or Row 4) and just knit off?  I think I'm getting cut off after the k2tog or something before I do the next yo and thus having this inadvertent decrease in sts....  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fire tweed
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2006 09:07:05 AM »

Shizzys, casting on 121 sts is correct. The lace repeat is 9 sts long, plus 4 - meaning that the final amount of stitches should be divisible by 9, plus 4 edge stitches.  So 9 times 13 is 117, plus 4 = 121.  Sorry, it's hard to write out the math to make it make sense, I hope it's understandable enough...

This is a great pattern, have fun with it!  I still need to take pictures of mine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2006 11:28:44 AM »

That looks so beautiful in pink.  Simply gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2006 01:51:18 PM »

I've GOT to stop surfing here. I'm tempted - SO tempted - to make this next. But, since my current project is tempting (on sleeve #2!) I want to make a non-garment item next. Or atleast not a sweater. I don't know that I can handle two sweaters in a row. So I may come revisit this after clapotis.

So far I'm loving the black ones, but I need some color - that lilac-ish purply one a few pages back is calling out to me - and I normally don't wear that color!

J
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
teruterubouzu
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2006 09:31:18 AM »

Thanks, rosecomet! I seem to knit a lot of pink. I think I'll make my next one in black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...