A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 73336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2005 05:07:36 PM »

I bought the pattern and got Madil All-Seasons Cotton in black. I think it looks best (as in sexy) in black. This will be a good airplane project when I got to Sydney in November.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

novabird
Miss Bird, yarn diet breaker extraordinaire

novabird.livejournal.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2005 08:59:53 AM »

I bought my yarn yesterday! three skeins Katia Mississippi! My only worry is that the waist will be too baggy on the medium but if I make a small that the bust will be too tight. All you 36-37" girls, did you opt for a small for a really fitted look or a medium for looser but still flattering?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty and witty. ha.
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2005 11:16:58 AM »

Novabird- It knits up really loose with a lot of ease. The sizes given are for your bust size, not finished measurements, if that makes sense. I'm 37i and I thought my yarn gauge was knitting up somewhere between the small and the med, but it knit up at the small size and still feels really loose, not fitted at all. If you calculate based on the gauge of the yarn she suggests I think the med is supposed to knit up at 40inches total, which is a lot of ease especially if you're between 36-37. Also I've read a lot of knit blogs etc.. I could find for this thing, cause it's so much fun to see the different products- and I've noticed that several people have commented that it came out big- I think the lace pattern makes it pretty stretchy.
Also- thanks for all the great compliments above... this website is so gratifying Smiley. I can't wait to see all your orangingas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2005 12:15:00 PM »

I'm really kind of worried about my Orangina now.  I'm a few repeats into the back and I'm afraid its going to come out too big. I have a big chest, 38DDD, so I made the large, but when I hold the finished panel up to my shoulders it looks like it will end up being too wide at the shoulders, making cap sleeves as opposed to sleeveless....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2005 12:19:26 PM »

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I knitted one piece to 9", kept it on the circulars, knit the other piece 9 inches, then joined the 2 and am working it all in one piece. I switched the lace to razor shell and have about 1 more inch to go on the ribbing (which seems to be taking forever!)
So the only seaming to do is the shoulders..
Hope this helps someone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforbooz ehags.com
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2005 01:33:15 PM »

puppymomma-
I don't know if this is the case for you, but I had exactly the same concern and it worked out. After I seamed the sides and not the shoulders I put the shoulder seams on safety pins and put it on and it kept falling off my shoulders. I was really discouraged that night and thought I would never wear it, but after I seamed the shoulders it somehow changed the fit and it worked. You can always continue to seam in, if it still doesn't fit after 2inches, you can try 3 etc.. and see how the fit changes. I actually added an extra inch to the side seams after tyring it on.. don't get discouraged, it's pretty flexible and you can definitely adjust the fit during seaming. I think the worst thing that would happen is that the neck would scoop down when it sits on your shoulder, but that's really not bad at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
gloriana
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2005 02:23:19 PM »

as for the sizing question - I just finished mine, and I made the size small (36"), and it's fairly loose-fitting on me.  I'm a 36C chest.  I think I could easily have made the size XS, if I had wanted it to be closer-fitting.  just my two cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
ctgirl
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2005 10:24:23 PM »

I made the small also, am a 34C and it seems pretty stretched over my chest.  I haven't blocked it yet so that might make a difference, but it definetly isn't loose.  I have about 1 1/2" of ribbing yet to do, but I want to wear it to my brother's wedding on Sat. so I am really hoping  I can finish knitting it and block it before then.  So far it looks great though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
novabird
Miss Bird, yarn diet breaker extraordinaire

novabird.livejournal.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2005 08:16:03 AM »

thank you for all of your help, you guys! i cast on yesterday for the size medium before i read your posts. however, i think i'm going to make the front a size medium and the back a size small, so that it's sort of in between. and besides, i can always seam it in!
i really like the lace pattern a lot, it looks more complicated than it really is, and i memorized the whole thing while i was doing the gauge swatch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty and witty. ha.
gloriana
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2005 04:26:48 PM »

I've finally got round to taking photos of my finished Orangina...

I'm quite happy with it - I've been wearing it all day today.  More photos and notes on my blog (click the link below).

Incidentally, I'm so pleased with this pattern that I bought Stefanie's One Skein Wonder today - can't wait to try it out!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Pomp A Doodle Scarf
How to Crochet a Blanket Part 3/3
How to Crochet a Blanket Part 2/3
How to Crochet a Wavy Blanket Part 1/3
Homemade and DIY Gift Ideas: PopSugar’s Holiday Gift Guide
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...