A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 80172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

medea3000
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005 03:57:01 AM »

Hi Orangina-alongers.

I don't want to get in the way of any discussions you have, but but want to make it clear that if you ordered a pattern any time before March 28, and I sent you the one just called "Orangina", then you have an old one which contains the typo.  I sent out corrected ones to everyone who ordered before the 28th.  If you haven't gotten yours, please let me know.

If you have one called "Orangina-updated" then you have the one that is correct.

I also just want to add that the typo just makes the lace pattern repeat over 10 stitches, rather than 9.  There's an extra k1 in the middle of both the RS and WS instructions, so, even using the original pattern, your lace will still line up and look fine, you'll just have a few extra stitches in the width of your garment.

As always, if you have questions, please email me.  I'm never far from the computer and would really like to see all of your projects come out looking great!!

I'm really busy at the moment, I have a job interview in CA next week and am trying to prepare a 45-minute presentation about my work.  So I may not be in the best of contact for the next, say, 10 days.  But, I'm still answering mail and will try to help however I can.

Good Luck!  And send me pictures when you're finished!!

-Stefanie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woo! I blogged! (www.glampyre.com)
mojisha
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005 02:14:39 PM »

Thanks, Stefanie!  Your pattern is absolutely fabulous! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
rockadot
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005 02:50:40 PM »

it's starting to work out now. who knows what i was doing wrong...meh. now that i am less frustrated at it it's coming along much nicer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

medea3000
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2005 02:53:46 AM »

Thanks, Mojisha, and I'm so glad to hear that the lace is going better, Rockadot!!

Sometimes lace takes some serious Brain-Training.

I started a lace shawl about 2 years ago, and if I work on it consistently, I can remember the lace pattern.  But each time I put it down for a couple of weeks and come back to it, I'm totally lost.

So, it's not just you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woo! I blogged! (www.glampyre.com)
elmenzino
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2005 02:05:05 PM »

I finished the back lace-work (15') and I'm about 5' into the front.  I'm using the elann sonata and it's turning out pretty well.  Totally still loving it. 

The only problem I encountered was the similar slip-knit-purl instead of slip-knit-pass over.  Ack.  That sucked.  Also can't find a nude camisole in my particular shade of not-white, not-mocha.  At least not one under $30.  I decided if I flash some nip, I'll be ok with it;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005 08:21:31 PM »

is there really a difference between the SKP and SSK for this pattern?  I find (on my sample with size 8 needles and merino wool...still waiting for my Rowan 4ply) that the SSK is a cleaner decrease...

anyone else notie this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
rockadot
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005 10:20:25 AM »

my lace work is looking a bit...nappy. but this is mostly due to the fact that i somehow keep messing up and i have to go back two rows all the time.

three rows forward, two rows back is the story of this sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2005 01:15:43 PM »

I just bought this pattern - it's sooo cute.  So I'll be knitting along at some point - probably not for a month or two.  Looking forward to seeing finished Oranginas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
teruterubouzu
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2005 05:30:57 AM »

It's my first post here, but I've lurked off and on for quite some time. Here's the most recent photo of my Orangina in progress. I'm not as far along as some of you are, but I am really enjoying it. I hope to finish it by the end of the month.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:08:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2005 08:59:48 AM »

teruterubouzu, that looks awesome so far!  What color/yarn are you using?  I can't wait for my yarn to get here!!!

-Julia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to be an Architect - Part 3
How to Be an Architect Part 4
How to be an Architect - Part 5
The Advent Of Web 2.0
How to Create Color Schemes From the Color Wheel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...