A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,819
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 81776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005 06:28:47 PM »

Hey!  I ordered the pattern & the yarn and am just waiting for it to get delivered to my house.  I'm subbing with Elann Endless Summer Sonata in Capri Blue.  I can't *wait* to start this one and I know it will go fast because I have exams and I always need a good procrastination method.

I'd rushed on finishing the Honeymoon Cami so I would be ready to go when the yarn got here, and when it didn't show today I was sort of at a quandry at what to do when Honeymoon started blocking.  What to do!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005 08:28:45 PM »

let me ask a really retarded question which i think i already know the answer to...

when you say to check needle sizes, what exactly do you mean?  I'm guessing that it means the needle sizes indicated on the packaging of the yarn will indicate which yarn is suitable....for example this pattern calls for a size 3 circular needle, which i'm assuming means sport weight or finger weight yarn... am i off on this?

I appologize, I've got such rudimentary knoweldge of knitting right now that maybe i shouldn't be giving this a go....

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all....
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2005 03:04:04 PM »

yeah, i meant needle sizes on the package. i should have been more clear--sorry!

How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2005 03:34:06 PM »

here's a price comparison for 7 balls of Rowan 4-ply cotton (I always order an extra ball) including shipping:

$51.46 - www.needleworkunlimited.com
$48.92 - www.yarn-shop.co.uk (from UK)
$44.55 - www.richesseonline.com (free shipping on orders over $75)
$46.09 - www.yarnmarket.com (they don't have the new colors yet - but free shipping over $100)
$51.70 - www.theknittinggarden.com

Has anyone ordered from any of these sites? Any feedback on which are more reputable than others???

Can't wait to start this!

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2005 05:00:47 PM »

I found a good deal on ebay for some of the Allure (pink) Rowan 4-ply. 10 balls for $30 plus $12 shipping. Still debating on whether to order it though. For the XL or the XXL size, would someone mind telling me how many balls she recommends?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005 08:51:32 AM »

so is anyone having issues with the lace pattern like i am? i keep ending up with the wrong amount of stitches which has caused me to frog the damn thing about six times and "un-knit" countless rows.

i am more than frustrated at this.

Sweet Roll
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005 08:56:00 AM »

Did you get the correction Stefanie sent out? There was an error in the pattern but she fixed it and sent out the correction last week.
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005 11:35:29 AM »

Yikes!  Thanks Sweet Rolll!  I bought the pattern but didn't receive a correction (or maybe I bought it after they were sent...how would I know??)   I got the pattern on Thursday. 

Rockadot, could it be that you're leaving out YOs?  I know that is my biggest problem when doing lace.  For the first several rows I count stitches after every row.  It's a little tedious, but it makes it much easier to find the mistake that way.  Even when I'm comfortable with the pattern, I still make sure I am counting the rows frequently so I always have the right amount of stitches.  I'm sure once you get into your rhythm it will start going smoothly. 

I'm should be getting my yarn any day now.  I can't wait to cast on!  You can see finished a finished Orangina here (and also read a really funny blog!).

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
Sweet Roll
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005 12:17:33 PM »

YOWZA! That finished Orangina looks fantastic! I just need to buy some yarn...

Oh, and I got the correction on Tuesday, March 29th, so anyone who bought after that shouldn't worry.
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005 02:59:14 PM »

where can i get the correction from? i bought the pattern on the 30th

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ursula Le Guin on Writing Earthsea as a Series
Ursula Le Guin on Her Favorite Childhood Books
Ursula Le Guin on the Influence of the Earthsea Series
Mark Nepo on Creating the "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen" Audiobook
Joanna Brooks Reveals Her Story in "The Book of Mormon Girl"
Latest Blog Articles
The Legacy of Bob Ross
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...