A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
332 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 75544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2006 06:37:47 AM »

For real?? When I saw the picture, I couldn't see the seam.  That's why I asked if it was knitted in the round.  I'm going to try that when i start the other one. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemma
« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2006 05:17:42 AM »

Hurrah! Finally started the ribbing last night. I've been messing around picking this up and putting it down over and over again, but I made the effort to finish the lace yesterday...by midnight I was joining the pieces together.

I've a 2 hour train ride tomorrow, so I should make a nice dent in the ribbing then. I'm so eager to get this finished so I can wear it while the sun is still out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Crafty - knitting, crochet, sewing, customising and everything in between
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2006 05:40:12 PM »

FIN
THIS ROCKS   Logged

m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2006 11:38:44 AM »

FIN

that is HOT! =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
erincatherine
« Reply #374 on: August 17, 2006 05:26:31 PM »

finally! a substantial FO!  I llluuurrvvvveee it!

mods:
-i substituted 3/2 pearle cotton.  great b/c it was affordable and 1 long cone, so no ends to weave in!
- sz 3 needles on lace and sz 1 on ribbing.
- i knit 2 pieces about 8" long and then connected them and knit the body from the armhole down in the round.  (to avoid all of the purling...shiver.....and no seaming this way!)
- I decreased 8 sts on either side for some shaping and increased about 20 sts right before i started the ribbing (sorry i can't remember the exact #s -- i was done with the last 2 months ago and have moved 2 times since...the ribbing took forever!)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:10:51 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns.etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com
cnp71201
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2006 06:43:27 PM »

I love yours! I really want to figure out where to add shaping so I can make one, too... patterns with no waist shaping just don't work for my figure... but this is lovely!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
erincatherine
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2006 07:24:14 PM »

thanks!  because it was knit in the round, i seamed up the shoulders and tried it one every few inches as i was doing the lace on the body.  once it was right below my chest, i started the shaping.  (i have a very high waist).  I decreased every inch or so until the ribbing.  I decided to start the ribbing right at the "bulk" of my stomach.  I increased 1 st every 9 or 10 sts ifor 1 row in all k, then switched to k3, p3 rib on sz 1 needles.  the increases for the rib eliminated the necessity of increasing again on the sides. 

I recommend knitting it in the round if you want shaping and then you can try it on as you go.  Just knit 8 or so inches (or until you hold it up and it reaches a good point under your armpit) on 2 separate panels and then join the 2 in the round.  I decreased 1 st at each end to maintain the right st count (basically eliminating the "seam") then knit and knit and knit....don't worry if the armholes are a bit big, you can stitch up a few centimeters after it is all done and it is unnoticeable. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns.etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com
mbrittan
« Reply #377 on: September 01, 2006 06:58:16 PM »

I'm not sure how many people are still following this thread, but I started my Orangina (Rowan 4-ply in "Racey," an orangey-red terra cotta color) about a month ago.  I love it, though stumbled a bit at the beginning and used the "count to 9" training wheels for a while.  I was doing the XL size (I'm a 40D) but it still seemed pretty big even for me, so based on that and the fact that everyone says this pattern runs large, I decided to go down to an L (rip rip rip... now I just have 10 or 11 inches of one side).  I think I'm going to add waist shaping like kmptoo, also... I do have a waist, and don't want to lose it in a big square of lace!  However I might just try switching to size 2 needles so it pulls in a bit right before it gets down to my belly button, and then keep the 2s for the ribbing like others have done... anyone have any ideas about how that might work?  It'd be a lot easier than figuring out where to place decreases and increases, but I'd be afraid it wouldn't pull in enough (or maybe too much?) and not as smoothly as carefully placed k2tog's and m1's.  Oh I am lazy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subliminalpolka
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2006 10:11:36 AM »

Photo taken at 1:15a this morning, hence sleepy eyes and sloppy hair.  Be kind.

Accidentally knitted in Rowan 4-Ply wool (versus cotton), because I'm just that perceptive.  (In my defense, the yarn store was closing in three minutes and I was a tad rushed.) 

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2006 10:32:25 AM »

subliminalpolka - it looks awesome! i like your color choice also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tyler Colman Reveals His Favorite Movie
Once Upon a Day Book Trailer
Lisa Lutz Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Terrie M. Williams Talks About Black Pain
Kate Torgovnick Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...