A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,431
Currently Running With Scissors:
330 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ReadyMade call for submissions  (Read 18407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2005 08:38:49 AM »

If you take a look at the most recent issue, the editor's letter directly speaks to those people who are dissappointed with the change in the magazine, and she definitely has a point when she says that the magazine has evolved and is trying to reach a broader audience. There were also some pretty good ideas in the new one as well. I think Craftsters should still be buying it, its one of the ONLY magazines out there of its kind.

MN girl obsessed with thrifting.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2005 09:19:57 AM »

I will check it out. I think it is time for a cool ALL crafters magzine. Anyone wanna help? My husband is a graphic designer. I would love to start one. Ann

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2005 09:54:39 PM »

In this Month's ReadyMade, the project page for Christmas Tree garlands is great. I wish there were more quickie projects listed each month. More items that dont take forever and dont use powertools.

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005 09:28:06 AM »

Right after reading this issue, i made a scarf:

It was pretty easy, and I never would have thought of making it without Readymade! I'm really happy with the current issue.
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2005 04:33:05 PM »

I miss the old Readymade too.  Lately it all seems to read like an Old Navy commercial, somehow.  I don't mind it when they do projects that are outside my league, I just want them to keep doing as many projects as they used to!  And I always liked their reviews of projects and lists of resources for handmade, cool products.  But now lots of those products are outside my budget, and I have craftster for shopping resources, so I don't get as much out of RM as I did before. 

For two years, the most exciting day was the day readymade would land in my mailbox.  But for a while now it's just been disappointing, so I haven't renewed.  I still plan to buy it, but only at the newstand after I've made sure it's got stuff I want, not as a regular thing.

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005 11:32:06 AM »

I just read my first Readymade, and I wasn't that impressed. I mean, it's a cool concept, but I get more inspiration from Craftster. And the cost of some of those things- $80 for a string lamp! Puh-leeze!
I'll keep reading it, because it does have some good ideas in it, but it's going to be one of the magazines I check out at the library instead of subscribing to.

These are my feet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2006 01:21:06 AM »

I work at a bookstore and loved readymade when it first came out and I actually bought it every other month instead of takig the strip at the end of the month b/c we only got two in and I figured ifIi bought it then the mag would be better circulation my theory worked but now I find that I doesn't have much good stuff in it so I don't even take the strips.

oh if you don't know what I mean by "strips" when the new mag comes in we strip the covers and the old mag goes in the recycling bin and the cover gets sent back to the publisher.

My beauty is not only on the surface. It goes down deep... layer after layer after layer. Yes, sir! My beauty is very thick.
I blog here:
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006 10:26:37 AM »

I agree that it's gotten really expensive and a bit like an Old Navy commercial. For those of us who don't have big power tools, there are a lot of projects that I can't do.

I still like ReadyMade though. Even if I can't make all the projects, they have some good ideas to get the ball rolling.

I am, however, intrigued and stoked about your idea, Ann, on starting a magazine. That's something I'd love to learn more about and maybe even *gasp* turn into a potential career! What better of a topic than crafting? Yay! I've been searching for a magazine like ReadyMade but not quite as upscale for some time, so why not DIY? The answer was right under my nose.

Mimimomo - Handmade cuteness!

The eggstraordinary life of Madeline

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2006 06:03:27 AM »

Am I the only one to notice that the gals in Readymade look as underfed as the ones in fashion mags? I like the projects the majority of the time, but I'm really tired of the shallow eye candy. That's the main thing keeping me from subscribing.

Maplestory! Windia forever! Hunt me down, I'm MingyDingus! Smiley
Shirley Ujest

Nothing to see here, move along.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2006 08:43:32 AM »

I love readymade.

I h ave every issue but the first one and probably the last one, since I let my subscription end.

I wish they worked with the subscribtion people who offer great deals on magazines ( ebay and online) as it would increase their target marget and they would (as all magazines do) make their money off their advertisers.

I haven't paid full price (not even the 'deals' that are on the annoying subscription card thingies) i n years.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Short Hair
How to Get a Braided Up-Do
How to Curl Your Hair With a Straightener
Hollywood Hair: Taylor Swift
Hollywood Hair: Rihanna
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...