A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 491112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ohmybritt
« Reply #2420 on: June 04, 2006 11:02:29 PM »

Everyone's hair is gorgeoussssss!.. I'm way impressed, guys.

Buuuuut I need some advice! I've got medium-length, straightish hair that's flippy on the ends, and  it's not really thick but there's a lot of it. It just is kind of meh and floppy and I've always wanted wavy hair. I guess I kind of like that low-key, tousled look? Anywho, I really want a perm- I think the loose kind I was is called a body wave? Problem is, the underlayers of my hair are bleached blond. Could I still get a perm? I take good care of my hair; I use a reconstructor and leave-in conditioner every day so my hair is soft and I trim off my split ends.

That was way too long. Main question: Can I get a body wave without completely frying my hair?

Annndd, does anyone have any other general perm advice? I've never done it before, and I'm nervous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
white trash hero
« Reply #2421 on: June 05, 2006 01:43:13 AM »

theres a much easier way to get that look without forking out loads and putting loadsa chemicals into your hair..i just wash mine with lots of conditioner then dont brush it so it goes touseled but i know a girl who had real straight hair and she would get sections of her hair twist them until that strand twists into itself(if that makes sense)then she would tie it up and go to bed with it..her hair always looked really nice like that..remember hairspray!!! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
10.dollar
« Reply #2422 on: June 05, 2006 01:05:03 PM »

My hair isn't as colourful as everyone else's.. I like being a bit individual, and I like my quirky lil outfits etc.. but I'm not much of a rocker. More 'decadent'. Well, I try..

I haven't got awfully nice hair at the moment, due to a lot of home-dying, due to lack of money. I first dyed my hair when I was 13 - I dip-dyed it in a maroon semi, and it looked horrid.

It gradually grew out, and I had normal brown curly hair for a while, however I'm a straightening addict, so it hasn't been in good condition for a long long time. I had highlights put in last September, then when I had a couple of inches of root, I had it dyed completely blonde, which looked awful. Since then I've been gradually phasing the blonde out in chunks, but it never looks that good. What I'd really like is to grow my hair long - at the moment it's just past my shoulders.

These pics are pretty much in order, but since they were taken, I've dyed my hair completely brown and added golden highlights all over the place.. though they're lookin pretty ginger Sad. I guess I'll never get it right.

http://s2.supload.com/free/DSCF0152-20060605160220.jpg/view/ (i'm on the right)
http://s2.supload.com/free/19716685a429903872b268380438l.jpg/view/ (horrible horrible picture but my hair looks nice)
http://s2.supload.com/free/DSCF0086_4.JPG/view/ (xmas morning!)
http://s2.supload.com/free/DSCF0017_20.JPG/view/ (a couple of months ago)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 01:06:55 PM by 10.dollar » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2423 on: June 05, 2006 01:54:01 PM »

don't be sad wleshdragon! at least you aren't 13 years old with a big ol' white streak (natural)! I know a kid like that... poor guy... well i think he's had that streak for as long as he's had hair!  he never seems to dye it...

My sister has something like that, or at least she did; she had a thin blonde streak in her hair because of very mild Wardenberg's Syndrome, which basically is a hereditary condition that can give you slight deafness (which she doesn't have, luckily) and lightened skin and hair. Some people with it have blonde chunks in their eyebrows or eyelashes as well. For some reason she doesn't seem to have it any more, or if she does I haven't seen it. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marie_antoinette

I <3 Lon Chaney Sr.

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 05, 2006 02:20:33 PM »

I thought this was  a cute photo for ya.

The both of you are adorable!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 03:01:48 PM by krazigal72 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roskate

Let the Punks Get Crunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2425 on: June 05, 2006 03:30:17 PM »

WARNING PIC HEAVY!
My hair has gone through many changes here are a few:

Most Recent *on June 3*:

Dark Brown:

Medium brown:

"Red":

Red w/ blonde tips:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

raining_dreams
« Reply #2426 on: June 05, 2006 09:18:25 PM »

i love that dress you are wearing! it's so cute. and you have really nice hair, it looks very healthy!
 last december i finally worked up the guts to cut my hair. it had been down to my poast for FOREVER and i wanted to have cute hair  Roll Eyes
 anyway, this is what i have now:

it's a weird picture, but i finally got all of my layers to work so i was excited  Grin I don't have a picture of the front, but it's kind of like the back and i have choppy weird bangs.
 i want to color my hair, but i'm not sure. i was thinking black, but a. that's kind of generic and b. my best friend already has that and we are always getting asked if we are twins anyway, so i don't want to add to that  Roll Eyes besides, my dad isn't to into me coloring my hair.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 09:39:26 PM by raining_dreams » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Street lights dance and street lights sing
Someone cut the oxygen and took a message to the king
Announcing that he wasn't royalty
blog
vegan food blog
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2427 on: June 05, 2006 11:24:59 PM »

raining_dreams how do you get your hair to do that?
I JUST cut off my hair that was EXACTLY that style because I got fed up with it being all ... frumpy all the time. (Not to worry I'm sure it'll grow back soon enough  Roll Eyes)
Would you mind sharing for the hair-styling-dumb here?

Thanks my dear
THIS ROCKS   Logged

intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 06, 2006 11:30:40 AM »

raining_dreams how do you get your hair to do that?
I JUST cut off my hair that was EXACTLY that style because I got fed up with it being all ... frumpy all the time. (Not to worry I'm sure it'll grow back soon enough  Roll Eyes)
Would you mind sharing for the hair-styling-dumb here?

Thanks my dear

my hair is the same at the back, i use straighteners to stick it out and gel spray to style it then hairspray, depends how long your hair is and the layers. i cant really do that style right now because my hair has grown, i need it cut!  but id like to see how other people style thair hair too what do you do raining dreams?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raining_dreams
« Reply #2429 on: June 06, 2006 11:42:27 AM »

i finally figured it out last week. what i do is put styling mousse through my hair, and then take a really large barreled curling iron, heated really hot, and flip up the layers. after that, i put either styling paste or extra strength hair spray.
 i tried using the straightener, but it didn't stick up very well, but adding a flipped end makes it stay longer  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Street lights dance and street lights sing
Someone cut the oxygen and took a message to the king
Announcing that he wasn't royalty
blog
vegan food blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Figures
How to Draw With Pastels
How to Draw With Ink
How to Draw Shoes
How to Draw Shadows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...