A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 505438 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ayeshcube
« Reply #2270 on: May 20, 2006 07:19:54 PM »

hello craftsters!

Question: How would I bleach my hair PLATINUM blonde instead of just gross orangey blonde like you get from just bleaching it? I have BLACK hair and eyebrows, would that look funny? Would it be hard to get such blonde hair without it completely drying out and becoming straw? Could this be done at home CHEAPLY?

Thanks.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2271 on: May 20, 2006 07:53:48 PM »

I bleach my hair platinum blonde. It'll take several sittings to get it from black to white. I also suggest that if you have long hair, you get used to the idea of cutting it short, since you're going to destroy it by bleaching it. It's the price you pay. Smiley

Hit the beauty supply store. Ask for a Powder bleach, and 30-40 developer. Follow the directions(I just slop the stuff on, and I know that's bad because It burns my scalp. I live with it.) wrap a plastic bag over your head and let the bleach develop.

You'll probably have to do this a few times to get the white. Wait at least 2 weeks between bleaches. I use Nexxus Silver for shampoo, and leave it on a good long time. It has a blue tint that helps pull out the brassiness. Also, invest in a really good reconstructor. Slather the stuff on your head, wrap a plastic bag around it, watch TV for an hour, and then rinse. You're frying your hair, so try not to use any heat appliances(blowdryer, curling iron)

You could go to a salon for the first heavy bleach, and then do touch-ups on your own.

I am not in any way a certified hairdresser, and I know I do several of these steps VERY wrong(like using off-the-scalp bleach directly on the scalp) but it's worked for me for years. I wouldn't suggest doing this unless it's exactly the look you want. The hair will be so stripped that very little colour will take if you want to dye it some other colour: so it's not exactly a light undertaking. And like I said, if you have long locks, and want to keep them, don't do it, or go to a professional(particularly if your hair is thick and coarse I think you'd loose it.)

I'm willing to chop all my hair off at any time, so I think the platinum requires a certian amount of fatalism. If you don't mind maybe having to switch to an emergency pixie-cut, then go for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ayeshcube
« Reply #2272 on: May 21, 2006 09:40:02 AM »

thanks bambikhantastic,
well, luckily I've been shaving my head for the past year and it's just starting to be a short bob now. so, I've been a short pixie hairdo type for a while now, that's no problem. um, i do have EXTREMELY thick hair though... Huh
so, if I were to try bleaching it a few times, and don't like it, I couldn't re-dye it black?
thanks for your help.
-ayesha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2273 on: May 21, 2006 11:26:36 AM »

so, if I were to try bleaching it a few times, and don't like it, I couldn't re-dye it black?

Right. You are stripping the hair, and the dye won't have anything to stick to. You could dye it, but the black would wash right out, you'd end up with grey, and be extra unhappy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLea14
« Reply #2274 on: May 21, 2006 12:51:30 PM »

Wow you guys have sick hair !!
Heres mine

THIS ROCKS   Logged
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2275 on: May 21, 2006 03:52:25 PM »

yeah for random things in hair!
looks sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2276 on: May 21, 2006 08:57:17 PM »

Well, I just went into a shop today got all the long front bangs cut off. I'm liking the result.  Smiley It sticks out a whole bunch now-of course I took the pic after coming home with car windows open!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2277 on: May 22, 2006 08:20:22 AM »

Yay! i got synth dreads...they only lasted about a week Sad but here's some pics

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: May 22, 2006 08:36:52 AM »

Well, I just went into a shop today got all the long front bangs cut off. I'm liking the result.  Smiley It sticks out a whole bunch now-of course I took the pic after coming home with car windows open!

Your hairs looks so great! 

-Day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2279 on: May 22, 2006 08:45:13 AM »

Your hairs looks so great! 

-Day

Yo - Day! Are you going to post pictures of your new do???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Feather Necklace
How to Make Beaded Earrings
How to Make a Fimo Bead Bracelet
How to Make Handbag Charms
How to Make Bead Necklaces
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...