A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 502698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1950 on: April 04, 2006 11:17:43 AM »

Has anyone ever done a streak one one chunk of blonde near the forehead? I'm thinking of doing it (you know, xmen rogue style) Except I'm planning on doing like 40s hairstyles, and retro stuff. Anyone got any tips advice , or experience to tell me about it?
My friend did that a few years back. She's asian and has really dark hair, and the stripe really stood out. She had to dye all of her hair to get it back to normal though.

I have dark blonde hair. Some people think it's light brown. I would probably just let it grow out and not dye it. I bleached my whole head once and just let it grow out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
saltytango
« Reply #1951 on: April 04, 2006 11:54:10 AM »

the stripe with retro style sounds like fun.
i'd do that if i was allowed.
but i'm not.

i cut my hair instead of cutting other things, but it drives my best guy friend crazy. he wants me to grow it out, but i don't care what he thinks. XD
i have my bff cut it. she's really good. right now it's kind of a-line, with lots of layers in the back, from the nape of my neck almost the the crown of my head. it's fuhnn to fluff!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006 12:01:55 PM by saltytango » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #1952 on: April 04, 2006 12:15:18 PM »

Has anyone ever done a streak one one chunk of blonde near the forehead? I'm thinking of doing it (you know, xmen rogue style) Except I'm planning on doing like 40s hairstyles, and retro stuff. Anyone got any tips advice , or experience to tell me about it?

I've had some variation of that for awhile.  The only problem was when I re-did it after re-dyeing my hair red, because red is so hard to get out, and I pretty much overbleached and killed that section of hair.  Now it doesn't hold color anymore.  If I dye my whole head one color, that part slowly gets lighter and lighter, so now I use a color conditioner to deposit color onto it everytime I wash.  What's really neat is that it's a red pigment conditioner I got mixed at an Aveda salon, so the rest of my hair gets this nice red tint, but the previously bleached part picks up more straight pigment, so it's been turning this really neat bright cherry red, which I really like peeking out under my bangs.  

Another cool thing I've done with streaks around my face is just bleach my entire front hairline.  I just did the left, right, and forehead, in 3 sections, which worked really well for my hairstyle, because I comb everything forward so it peeks out.
And here are some pictures:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
rejectedblueziti
« Reply #1953 on: April 04, 2006 02:05:18 PM »

Dorkasaurus... I love that!
I just saved your hair on my computer to show my hairdresser the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 04, 2006 04:39:49 PM »

well i was thinking it would look cool if i dyed like under my hair....i dont know if that makes sence but like the lower layer of my hair black, but with blonde dreads do you guys think that would look like a skunk or sumthing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1955 on: April 04, 2006 08:29:43 PM »

I've had some variation of that for awhile.  The only problem was when I re-did it after re-dyeing my hair red, because red is so hard to get out, and I pretty much overbleached and killed that section of hair.  Now it doesn't hold color anymore.  If I dye my whole head one color, that part slowly gets lighter and lighter, so now I use a color conditioner to deposit color onto it everytime I wash.  What's really neat is that it's a red pigment conditioner I got mixed at an Aveda salon, so the rest of my hair gets this nice red tint, but the previously bleached part picks up more straight pigment, so it's been turning this really neat bright cherry red, which I really like peeking out under my bangs. 

Another cool thing I've done with streaks around my face is just bleach my entire front hairline.  I just did the left, right, and forehead, in 3 sections, which worked really well for my hairstyle, because I comb everything forward so it peeks out.

That's pretty cool. I mean, not the overbleaching part. But I have a friend who went to cosmotology school, so she can help me do it all professionally so that I don't ruin my hair (well, hopefully she will, but she may not like the idea of me bleaching it so she might not.) My hair's pretty long. I'm growing it out so that I can do what I've wanted to do for about 7 years - retro and vintage styles. Right now I ALWAYS just have it pulled back - laziness. I used to have my hair shorter than yours though - could see the scalp. but I saw part of Pearl Harbor and LOVED one of the hairstyles, so I decided to grow it out again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #1956 on: April 04, 2006 10:20:02 PM »

Another cool thing I've done with streaks around my face is just bleach my entire front hairline.  I just did the left, right, and forehead, in 3 sections, which worked really well for my hairstyle, because I comb everything forward so it peeks out.

I used to have my hair shorter than yours though - could see the scalp. but I saw part of Pearl Harbor and LOVED one of the hairstyles, so I decided to grow it out again Smiley

This is the longest my hair's been in 6 years.  I love how the front is long so I can put it up in a pomp on lazy days.  You have to watch out for the bleach though, because the roots get nice and obvious when you curl your hair back off your forehead.  I think with longer hair, I'd almost do the bleach a step behind the bangs, so the roots have something to hide behind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1957 on: April 05, 2006 12:33:11 AM »

totally get what you're saying, I'll keep it in mind. And I love your signature! Its hilarious Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 05, 2006 05:44:45 AM »

I've done the blonde streak! It's really fun! I actually usually just dye the front part of my hair, when I do drastic crazy colors. I don't really have any good pictures of the blonde streak...it was a couple years back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
urbankitty

maybe this world is another planet's hell

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 05, 2006 01:53:53 PM »

anybody know what to do with thick as it can be hair.  my hair, which may not look too thick in this picture , is incredibly full. so full in fact that hairdressers complain when they cut it.  i've had the same long hair forever.  when i get bored...i chop it all off but i end up hating it because it just gives me an afro (and not a cool gorgeous one).  i decided to just cut bangs and dye them red last time i got bored.  i like them only now i'm bored again.  i want something shorter...i locw pigtails...especially the cute little ones...  
here's my hair now...

here are cuts i like...does anyone know if i could pull this off or is my hair too unruly???  

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:30:20 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make New Orleans Gumbo
How to Barbecue Pork Spare Ribs Part 2
Back to School Lunch Ideas For Kids
Sneak Peek at Wild New Four Seasons Resort Restaurant
Mixed Kale and Collard Chicken Caesar Salad With Cornbread Croutons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...