A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 498314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMeshell
« Reply #1660 on: February 10, 2006 07:06:05 PM »

Cakie, your new hair looks FABULOUS!!!
It is the perfect cut for you, I love it, I'm resisting the urge to get my scissors out now lol
And I love your eye makeup Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 10, 2006 07:27:15 PM »

hey guys.
just thought i'd share my new haircut with everybody.
it used to look like this:

now it looks like this!

i was actually shooting for this. but all my hairstylists seem to get a little razor happy.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:13:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #1662 on: February 10, 2006 07:32:32 PM »

surfergirl- i love it! my stylists always love the razor too.

imagine how bad that sounds. oops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Cakie
« Reply #1663 on: February 10, 2006 07:35:55 PM »

It is the perfect cut for you, I love it, I'm resisting the urge to get my scissors out now lol

Thanks!! Smiley
My eye shadow is by Bed Head.. sale rack, oh yeah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By grace I have been saved by grace through faith.

View my wist!
http://wists.com/Caitiscreative/
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #1664 on: February 10, 2006 07:37:27 PM »

surfergirl- Hey! I can't see all of your hair, but I think she gave you the cut you asked for. After you wash your hair, towel dry it and add a smoothing serum of some sort. Blow dry it half way with your head upside down for added volume. Use large velcro curlers on your hair and let dry completely. Undo curlers and finger style your hair (Since the are BIG curlers, they will only add volume and the basic curl Nicole Ritchie has) Lightly spray with hair spray to insure it lasts. Looks so simple in the photo, right? heehee the amount of work in simplicity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DTchick
« Reply #1665 on: February 10, 2006 07:44:19 PM »

I posted a few pages back when I got my hair cut. It wasn't drastic- just a few inches. But ever since I got my hair cut, I wake up like this:

excuse y morning face  Undecided
My hair is now really wavy/curly. I've never ever had hair like this and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to keep it curly without looking messy. Whenever I brush it, it gets bushy. Oh! And the back of my hair doesn't do that. So...I'm stuck?

It's hard to get a decent shot of the back of your own head. Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #1666 on: February 10, 2006 08:22:39 PM »

DTchick- Ok a good product for you would be MOP C system curl enhancing cream. Put it on your hair when it is damp. It'll help keep those curls in and make them more prominent and maybe bring some out in the back. For the back use a flat iron (or curling iron) to add spirals. The flat iron will make better curls that usually last longer. Don't brush it, just finger style it. Use a serum to smooth fly aways and a styling lotion to make them stay (hairspray will make it stiff but it'll work too).  This seems like a lot of work, but if you do it right, it should last for days in between washings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DTchick
« Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2006 08:26:24 PM »

gerbilonwheels- Thanks...but am I stupid for not knowing how to get curls out of a flat iron? I swear I'm challenged, do you think you might be able to explain that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2006 08:32:15 PM »

Agreed, it's adorable!

Way to have the guts to chop it off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #1669 on: February 10, 2006 08:37:24 PM »

Okay, so this is kinda hard to explain in writing, but I'll try my hardest. When your hair comes out of the flat iron, it is still hot enough to be manipulated. That is why this works. So start at your roots with a section the width you want. Pull downwards probably about 3" and then start to twist your hair around the flat iron (so if iron is parallel to the ground, tilt it 180 in towards your head but still parallel with the ground).Continue moving it down the strands but rotate it so the flat iron is perpendicular to the ground and continue twisting your hair around and moving it down the shaft. Make sure your movement is continuous or you might singe your hair O_o When you get to the end, release your grip so your hair springs out.
If you have a flat iron, you should get the technique after a few attempts meddling with it. It is also ALOT quicker to curl with a flat iron than a curling iron once you get the hang of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best CC Creams To Try
Go Behind-the-Scenes of Lily Collin’s Cover Shoot
DIY Fashion: How to Create a Cool Envelope Clutch
Snookie Opens Up Her Beauty Bag!
Seventeen Readers Test Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...