A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,212
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 530249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cakie
« Reply #1630 on: February 01, 2006 12:51:16 PM »

Thanks again, everyone! I will most definitely post pictures of the haircut!

Littleone, that is cool that you go to a hair school.  I've actually been cutting my own hair since February 2005! So this will be my first professional cut in exactly one year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By grace I have been saved by grace through faith.

View my wist!
http://wists.com/Caitiscreative/
LittleMissScareAll
Shauna The Dead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1631 on: February 01, 2006 01:58:00 PM »

Nothing special...these were taken months ago right after my hair was dyed-- but still basically what my hair looks like now, except faded more:

I figured I'd show what my hair used to look like too, back when it was pink...these are from a few years ago.
started out with pink/blonde to test out the color
then i cut it shorter and dyed all of the blonde pink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: February 01, 2006 05:31:29 PM »

Littleone, that is cool that you go to a hair school.  I've actually been cutting my own hair since February 2005! So this will be my first professional cut in exactly one year.

Yeah, it's fun, I enjoy it. I'm actually still in highschool so I should be getting my hair license about the time I graduate from regular school. I used to cut my hair, until a friend of mine (who's a professional) was looking at it and was like "Who cut your hair?! they did a horrible job, it's all uneven!"

I probably blamed it on like Super Cuts or something...I dunno, I kinda liked the choppy-ness of it. hehe.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Cakie
« Reply #1633 on: February 01, 2006 07:44:29 PM »

Yeah, it's fun, I enjoy it. I'm actually still in highschool so I should be getting my hair license about the time I graduate from regular school. I used to cut my hair, until a friend of mine (who's a professional) was looking at it and was like "Who cut your hair?! they did a horrible job, it's all uneven!"

I probably blamed it on like Super Cuts or something...I dunno, I kinda liked the choppy-ness of it. hehe.

I use a razor so the mistakes are hidden verrry well.. like wow.  I've cut off random chunks, but everything seems to blend in.  Razors are great.  But yeah, definitely going to a pro
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By grace I have been saved by grace through faith.

View my wist!
http://wists.com/Caitiscreative/
S.C.K.

Not everything is obvious, explore...

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 02, 2006 08:35:08 AM »

tell me depth how you did this, i need to know!!!

got bored the other night and used a crochet hook to give myself a few faux cornrows.  Worked decently well, but ended up not doing all of my hair because it was too fine.  If anyone's got thicker hair (or a much larger crochet hook), I think this might look cool to do your whole head like that.

too bad my hair's probably too short to do that, but i got friends with hair...

here's a million pics of different hairstyles i've had in the past couple years.... don't hate me if your computer crashes because of them... i just wanna share with you guys, and maybe let the healing process begin for my hopeless addiction to scissors and dye.

Sexy ass hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girl-afraid

I am not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: February 02, 2006 03:05:42 PM »

Okay, I need help, I've been trying to grow my hair out and its been a few months, now I'm dying to cut or dye it!  I can't find a hairstyle I like and I can't really dye it anything crazy cause I'm going to be job hunting soon besides the fact that it's growing out of my old color...I think it is starting to look odd....what do you think?

i think it looks beautiful and healthy, and i'm jealous that my hair won't be that length for another year.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006 07:24:30 PM by krazigal72 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohvelveteen
« Reply #1636 on: February 02, 2006 07:15:37 PM »

There's my hair, as of right now..
I dyed it pink a few months ago (using Special Effects).  Or tried to, at least.  My hair is naturally dark brown, and before dying it my friend tried to bleach it, which didn't work so well.  The bleach didn't take very well on the inside and bottoms of my hair, and it was kind of orangy...but we said to hell with it and went ahead with the pink, which I absolutely LOVED for the first month of having it.  But now I'm starting to get really sick of it...my roots are disgusting, and there are still white bleach spots at the top, and the bottoms's almost completely brown anyway...and my hair is growing out and I have split ends like crazy...it's driving me insane.
Thankfully, I have a cut and dye appointment next week.  My mom is so tired of this hair she's paying for the dye.  Grin  I'm really excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamagotchi
« Reply #1637 on: February 03, 2006 01:26:33 PM »

I based this on the tutorial at the Hair Archives.  Here's the link if you wanna try it yourself: http://www.hairarchives.com/private/archive2/60s/retro60s.htm

Me waiting for my hair to set:

Finished product:

The back:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 03, 2006 01:52:37 PM »

that is pretty darn awesome!! i wish i could pull off short hair so i could do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
tamagotchi
« Reply #1639 on: February 03, 2006 02:11:06 PM »

that is pretty darn awesome!! i wish i could pull off short hair so i could do that!

I wish I had long hair!  Then I could do more with it than just this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Custom Dress Form
How to Make a Coiled Basket
How to Make a Compact Keychain
How to Make a CD or DVD Case
How to Make a Candy Corsage
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...