A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 501891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amccarter
« Reply #1540 on: January 24, 2006 09:33:12 AM »

I did Locks of Love once too, It made me feel good that someone could use the hair I didn't want anymore. I'm growing out to do it again and I can't wait. Long hair is just too high matience
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 24, 2006 12:13:26 PM »

i am doing it also but do i just fill out the form and them just send my hair... but yea donating to locks of love is worth it! and it was such a load off!!! i do miss my really long hair! but its growing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 24, 2006 04:07:47 PM »

alot of people i know got it free! i had to pay regular price! arghh!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
krajackex

Lingering death is a dark shade of white.

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 24, 2006 04:55:55 PM »

Mine was free as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 24, 2006 06:39:48 PM »

I think if you go to certain salons, it's free... there's one nearby, but it's mostly staffed by Asian ladies who don't speak English very well that does it...  Tongue but I had to pay for my haircut. But it's kind of a nice haircut.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
i_heart_duckies
« Reply #1545 on: January 24, 2006 08:14:35 PM »

Well, when I read the post about it being 10" instead of 9" (which I swear that's what it was 6 months ago when I first started to consider this... lol) I freaked and thought "No way!"  but then I read the post about it going from the longest part, which is a bit of a relief... maybe I'll have something to post here in a few weeks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cookiedough
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1546 on: January 24, 2006 08:47:23 PM »

I cut my hair off for locks of love. Yes, its a little freaky to "cut as much off as you can"-- especially when its your boyfried trying to saw through your poney tail with some hair scissors. Nevertheless, I have learned over time that once I start cutting, its always easy to take more and more off. That's why this time I just went full throttle and took it the shortest its been. It's really great and it seems like hair always grows quickest when its short. So don't worry! Now I'm debating wether I keep it short and find a new cute cut, or grow it out and harvest it for locks of love again. Hmmm.... These postings are awfully tempting for option A.

By the way, if you don't have quite 10" and its driving you nuts (many of us can relate) Locks of Love can sell the shorter hair and use the money to cover their costs. Human hair actually sells for quite a lot.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006 08:50:22 PM by cookiedough » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my domokun iPod cover at my shop at http://www.geekchic.etsy.com
Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1547 on: January 24, 2006 09:25:43 PM »

got bored the other night and used a crochet hook to give myself a few faux cornrows.  Worked decently well, but ended up not doing all of my hair because it was too fine.  If anyone's got thicker hair (or a much larger crochet hook), I think this might look cool to do your whole head like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
GoombaLoveDisaster

ooh you like it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1548 on: January 24, 2006 11:19:25 PM »

tell me depth how you did this, i need to know!!!

got bored the other night and used a crochet hook to give myself a few faux cornrows.  Worked decently well, but ended up not doing all of my hair because it was too fine.  If anyone's got thicker hair (or a much larger crochet hook), I think this might look cool to do your whole head like that.

too bad my hair's probably too short to do that, but i got friends with hair...

here's a million pics of different hairstyles i've had in the past couple years.... don't hate me if your computer crashes because of them... i just wanna share with you guys, and maybe let the healing process begin for my hopeless addiction to scissors and dye.

i'll start with my latest do'

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-What's your take on Cassavetes?
Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1549 on: January 24, 2006 11:41:01 PM »

I just took a small section of hair, twirled it until it was smooth and about the same diameter as yarn, and started crocheting from the bottom up.  I think it would stay better if it was done from the top down, but that would've required a mirror and a friend, and I was just playing around with a crochet hook while I was waiting for a cutscene in the game I was playing to finish.

Incidentally, love your hair!  Especially the blonde top/dark underneath.  Personally, I keep my natural haircolor for most of the hair and bleach my bangs out white - makes it look like I have a spotlight on me  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Colorful Foiled Eggs for Easter
How to Make Decoupage Eggs
How to Make a Mini Easter Basket
How to Make Decoupage Easter Eggs
How to Create a Craft Paper Christmas Tree
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...