A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 502745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1510 on: January 22, 2006 10:56:18 AM »

Well, I guess that I'm one of the older and crustier of this lot (at 33 GASP!)  But, back in the day I had a gamut of colours (blue, green, red, purple) and various styles involving lots of shaving.  I've stuck with a black Betty Page reaching to my waist for the last OMG years since it was easier with the kids running around, and I have to admit, I was really attached to the long hair.  I've been dying (haha) for a change for a long time, but I'm worried that if I shave the uber-long mohawk back in and dye it red or pink or get super long dreads, I'll look like an old loser trying to be 19 again.  But I don't want to submit to the "Suburban housewife symdrome" and I firmly believe that if I have cool hair that I love, I don't have to spend a fortune on clothes.  the hair makes the WOMAN!  Any thoughts on my conundrum?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1511 on: January 22, 2006 12:50:26 PM »

I don't want to submit to the "Suburban housewife symdrome" and I firmly believe that if I have cool hair that I love, I don't have to spend a fortune on clothes.  the hair makes the WOMAN!
aaaaah yes- thanks for bringing it into focus for me!
i'm 28 and i've been sportin just boring natural hair for a few years but i'm ready for some green streaks or something and an interesting cut. i have the same "am i too old for weird hair" thoughts but now i know what i must do!
i'd suggest doing it gradually -like if you want a red mohawk get some color first, then cut it, then shave the mohawk in so you don't go from normal to freak in one go. (i mean freak in a nice way)haha
in my experience, dreads are alot of work, and a huge pain in the butt. i gave up on mine after 7 months and actually combed them out. then i made the mistake of saying i would help my boyfriend with his, and oh man that was a pain.(i'm talking white boy dreads) they sure look cool though. i just have other things i want to do with my time! and they were always in my face- it was like sleeping beside a bale of hay.

there is a dreadlock thread on here to btw. so you could hear from people that like having them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
maden
« Reply #1512 on: January 22, 2006 01:13:47 PM »

hi... thats my first post....nice thread ... but i will only show my hair please understand Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_cinnamon
« Reply #1513 on: January 22, 2006 04:09:55 PM »

ok so i posted my hair back somewhere on this thread and just decided to post it again in some different ways cos its changed........................
this is it when it was in pletes which my cousin kindly did and which i loved cos i didnt have to wash it that much  Grin im just so lazy (please ignore the rest of this picture ummm i am not sure whats going on)

this is after it came out of the pletes and was a sorta half afro style

(ps like the top i made?)

this is it when i curled it which look a long time so i dont do it often i also dyed a bit of fringe pink

ok sorry about that hope im not being vain by posting too many pics
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:12:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorchic
« Reply #1514 on: January 22, 2006 10:07:10 PM »

Okay, here is my new neopolitain hair.  I had it done about a week ago.  I got tired of there being so many girls with the same hair as me so I decided to put three colors in.  Any-hoo here it is:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMeshell
« Reply #1515 on: January 22, 2006 10:45:40 PM »

Gorgeous scissorchic, and your hair looks like it's in fabulous condition Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorchic
« Reply #1516 on: January 22, 2006 10:58:42 PM »

Thank you!  I don't wear it up very often but it shows the color really well and I just had a tattoo done on my neck and my hair gets A+D in it.  Gross.  Any-hoo.. I'm a hairdresser so I try to keep my hair in good condition.  I use all professional shampoos and conditioners (have been for 5 years) and I only color my hair at the roots when it grows out.  I use bleach on my blonde but I don't overlap it.  It is sooooooo important not to overlap bleach.  It will make your hair break off.

Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

opiate_rose
« Reply #1517 on: January 23, 2006 08:26:56 AM »

Ok, so I woke up early to go to work out and got home and had all this extra time, so I cut my bangs short, and I love them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 23, 2006 08:33:20 AM »

you look so cute with bangs! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
opiate_rose
« Reply #1519 on: January 23, 2006 08:38:56 AM »

you look so cute with bangs!
Thanks! I wasn't sure I would but I went for it anyway and I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Iron On Stickers
How to Design and Print on Inkjet Transfer Papers
How to Print Designs on Dark Transfer Paper
How to Design T-shirt Transfers on the Computer
How to Apply Embroidery Transfers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...