A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 489043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krajackex

Lingering death is a dark shade of white.

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 15, 2006 04:34:35 PM »

So this is my naturally curly hair.

When I was younger I had almost straight hair--really nice hair, in fact--but when I turned twelve or so it began to become curly until how it is now.

And this is me with an origami hat.

Me playing the sax...

I have wanted to dye it, but I was always sort of afraid that was something that only people with straighter hair can get away with, alas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gominha
« Reply #1461 on: January 15, 2006 06:31:03 PM »

Krajackex, don't worry. I have curly hair like you and it looks nice when I dye it. If you're afraid try those non-permanent stuff and ask a friend to dye it for you (it will be easier because another person can look at your whole head and if you do it yourself you will forget something- I always do). Another suggestion if you're afraid: try not to change a lot your natural colour on the first time, and see if you feel comfortable with your new hair. And don't forget to post a picture!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shortys_girl1505
« Reply #1462 on: January 15, 2006 07:45:26 PM »

i love your pink hair, my sister in law is helping me convince my parents to allow me to dye my hair the colors i want but we aren't quite there yet  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
electricfix
« Reply #1463 on: January 15, 2006 07:52:40 PM »

r0bot_r0bot - you posted ages ago so you probably wont see this...but..would you happen to have nay more pictures of your hair please?
thanks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #1464 on: January 15, 2006 10:29:47 PM »

jack e. ohh- i absolutley adore your hair! if my hair were thinner, that would be my cut! ( my hair is so super thick)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
feedthesquirrels
« Reply #1465 on: January 15, 2006 10:37:04 PM »

Hello!
I think I posted a picture of my "do" a long time ago, and I haven't done much to it since, so I thought I would post a few:  I made my own extensions and wore a few tracks of them right behind each of my ears for a while.  I have a very sharply angled a-line and wanted a little bit of fullness behind my ears; this resulted in an a-line mullet type hairdo that I was quite pleased with:
--pretty much anything below my mouth is fake.  Please excuse the really geeky excited face, I have a new pet!

Then I got some new hair, dyed it grey and added it to my own freshly dyed grey hair!  It's curly and kinda wild so you can't really see the extensions, and probably don't even notice them if you don't know what my hair looks like without them..  It looks blue and blackish in these pictures, but it really was grey!  I loved it!  I kept it for a month or so and then grew tired of it.

I have since gone back to my natural dark red, but have added some bright red highlights in the front... I need to take a photo.
Do you think they grey suited me?  I had soooo many comments on it from older women, my 60 year old boss, who dyes her hair bright purple, was giving me sass about it because she fights her grey so much!  I think every option deserves a test drive before I can say I don't like it, so I went for it, and found it to be quite lovely when done voluntarily.

wow...I love the grey actually! I've thought about doing it more of a silver before, but didn't think grey dye existed. How the hell did you find that? Or am I just not looking at all?

by the way, my purple came out looking like a color-changing hot wheels car:

excuse the dorky glasses, I didn't feel like shoving plastic up my eyelids today.

I can't decide if I like it or hate it. It'd be great if the red wasn't showing through  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my sewing adventures at http://shonastitches.blogspot.com
electricfix
« Reply #1466 on: January 15, 2006 11:01:01 PM »

& down..

yeah, i've dyed it a few times:

semi red colour
permanent red colour
black red - turned out dark purpley though
bleached top ( kept that for a day)
then i dyed that bit brown turned out some lightish brown over my darker brown..
dyed it dark brown
now its grown out tomy natural colour

those photos are from december fifteenth, changed a little - not so much though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleazy_e
« Reply #1467 on: January 15, 2006 11:35:35 PM »

wow...I love the grey actually! I've thought about doing it more of a silver before, but didn't think grey dye existed. How the hell did you find that? Or am I just not looking at all?

by the way, my purple came out looking like a color-changing hot wheels car:

excuse the dorky glasses, I didn't feel like shoving plastic up my eyelids today.

I can't decide if I like it or hate it. It'd be great if the red wasn't showing through  Undecided

oh man! that color is wonderful! is it two-tone on purpose, or just a happy accident?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imjusmee

MRS. DAVID GEHR!!

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 15, 2006 11:46:25 PM »

ok so after looking through a large amount of pages in this thread i finally decided to post some piics of my do Smiley
so 1st in this pic my hair is black with red chunks which you cant really see..

ok so now in an attempt to get the red and the black out so i can bleach the top of my hair without damaging it and leave it black under, i now have my hair like this..same cut different color.. (messy hair but you can see the color)

and this is it up pretty Smiley

so i have an appt at the end of the month for a cut and color im thinking about getting wispy bangs not side swept but messy bangs that go a little bit under my eyebrows. what do ya think?....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your <b>peace</b> of mind.
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 16, 2006 09:18:35 AM »

feedthesquirrels--i love the multi-tone hair!  does it change colors in the light?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Carter Cash Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Phillipa Gregory Talks About The Boleyn Inheritance Part 1
Meet Author Tonya Reiman
Lt. Gen. Russel Honore Talks About Survival
Joanna Smith Rakoff Reveals Her Most Noticeable Trait
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...