A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 501733 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scissorchic
« Reply #1450 on: January 14, 2006 12:14:30 PM »

The main reason those extensions are so expensive is because of the price of the hair, not necessarily the labor.

When I had my whole head done I got fake hair that matched my color at a local store and it was pretty cheap.  All the salon did was braid it in--the expense was in the labor, because it took a few hours to do the whole thing.  (I had pretty small braids.)  The fake hair helped to hold the braids, and I left them in long enough to reach the small of my back.  After it was done, I occasionally needed touch ups, but I just had my friends do them. I kept them in for about two months.

Yes, that way is cheaper.  I'm talking about having them fused in with Keratain.  Each small strand (no bigger than 1/4 inch wide) is heated to your hair to melt the keratain around your strands.  It holds way longer and doesn't show track lines.  Stylist have to take a class to operate the machine and the machine is already $1200.  Then the class is another $600.  THEN the hair pieces can run you about $100 for 200 tracks (remember each one is only 1/4 inch wide) soooo it is the cost of supplies not the labor.

Plus this is human hair not synthetic.  Synthetic hair can't be styled with heat or washed too many times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 14, 2006 12:27:26 PM »

Okay- feedthesquirrels- your hair is really, really awesome!  I love the color contrast... I can't offer any help on extensions, but... it looks great!

And PS- guys, when you're referencing a quote with a picture and if you remember, take the picture out, out of consideration for the members of craftster with slower internet connections.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
mayerlove
« Reply #1452 on: January 14, 2006 01:30:55 PM »

shmooey- wnat to explain to me about pinchbraids?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 14, 2006 11:00:20 PM »

Hello!
I think I posted a picture of my "do" a long time ago, and I haven't done much to it since, so I thought I would post a few:  I made my own extensions and wore a few tracks of them right behind each of my ears for a while.  I have a very sharply angled a-line and wanted a little bit of fullness behind my ears; this resulted in an a-line mullet type hairdo that I was quite pleased with:

--pretty much anything below my mouth is fake.  Please excuse the really geeky excited face, I have a new pet!

Then I got some new hair, dyed it grey and added it to my own freshly dyed grey hair!  It's curly and kinda wild so you can't really see the extensions, and probably don't even notice them if you don't know what my hair looks like without them..  It looks blue and blackish in these pictures, but it really was grey!  I loved it!  I kept it for a month or so and then grew tired of it.

I have since gone back to my natural dark red, but have added some bright red highlights in the front... I need to take a photo.
Do you think they grey suited me?  I had soooo many comments on it from older women, my 60 year old boss, who dyes her hair bright purple, was giving me sass about it because she fights her grey so much!  I think every option deserves a test drive before I can say I don't like it, so I went for it, and found it to be quite lovely when done voluntarily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
jessaska
« Reply #1454 on: January 15, 2006 12:16:10 AM »

My hair looked like this last week, I kept it this mash of colors for about 2 months (nearly a record) now its a freaking beautiful teal-aqua-green.

I like my hair - I use a straightener if I went to sleep with wet hair and its all retarded when I get up in the morning, but other than that its mess up and go. I dont get to have cool scene hair just constant homeless/pothead hair (though it cleans up well when I need it too), which I feel suits me in a strange way.

Its all about knowing what your hair wants to do and working in those boundaries...or convincing yourself that you want what you hair already wants anyway. My hair looked like crap when I tried to make it look other than how it does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chibibotto
« Reply #1455 on: January 15, 2006 05:37:21 AM »

My hair looked like this last week, I kept it this mash of colors for about 2 months (nearly a record) now its a freaking beautiful teal-aqua-green.
I like my hair - I use a straightener if I went to sleep with wet hair and its all retarded when I get up in the morning, but other than that its mess up and go. I dont get to have cool scene hair just constant homeless/pothead hair (though it cleans up well when I need it too), which I feel suits me in a strange way.

Its all about knowing what your hair wants to do and working in those boundaries...or convincing yourself that you want what you hair already wants anyway. My hair looked like crap when I tried to make it look other than how it does.

i love your hair color, how did you get the diffrent colors of green?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006 04:59:58 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music
Aly_421
i <3 theatre, but not the DRAMA.

anyone home?? echO-O-O-O-o....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1456 on: January 15, 2006 05:42:13 AM »

Dear Jack E. Ohhh,
i like the gray on you. i think it really brings out the color of your eyes [ahh, cliche statement]
but i do like your natural dark red too.
i can't decide. i think the red makes you look more fun and excited for life while the gray makes you looks kind of harsh, i guess?

either way, you're super cute!
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

too many mutha ucka's, uckin with my shi
theres too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
how many mutha ucka's?
too many too count! mutha ucka.
facelikeallama
« Reply #1457 on: January 15, 2006 07:15:12 AM »

I'd post pictures, but my hair is pretty blah right now and not at all interestign in comparison to all the awesome hair in this thread.  I've had it dyed pretty much every color in the rainbow, though... I'm surprised it hasn't fallen out yet considering how much I abuse my hair.   Tongue

Jessaska, I feel silly asking you this, but do you have any other pictures of your hair from a different angle?  Your haircut is exactly what I was thinking of doing, but it's sorta hard to find a picture of the "homeless pothead look" in haircut magazines so that your hair dresser has any idea of what you're talking about, haha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elleislove

i couldnt help myself.

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 15, 2006 11:16:17 AM »

Jessaska- i love that picture! its soo.... pretty!
where are you?
fhdskljfk
im like, in love with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BELLACLOTHING

BE THERE, YO!
glittersniffer
OneOfTheWeirdo's!

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 15, 2006 12:03:06 PM »

Jessaska- i love that picture! its soo.... pretty!
where are you?
fhdskljfk
im like, in love with it!

Yeah, if that's you, then I think I love you! The whole picture is VERY awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us!: facebook.com/gscosmetics

^^^Colorful Happiness ^^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Crochet Patterns: Cluster Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Half Double Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Knit Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Entralac Blocks
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Double Stitches
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...