A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 490940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: December 30, 2005 07:27:48 PM »

Cha! I get it! That is pretty snazzy... and here I was thinking years and seconds...

Thanks for clearing that up.

~Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
Florence77
« Reply #1321 on: December 30, 2005 08:17:06 PM »

OK, I looked through practically every page and I saw some pretty awesome do's out there. I particularly loved Aly_421's hair. The thing is...I NEED HELP!!! This is a pic of me from about a week ago.

And that...is the shortest my hair has ever been since I was about 7 years old! I had it down to my bum and I got the courage to chop it to that length. I'm a total wimp, but I've always dreamed of having short hair. Last time I went to the salon and I told the hair dresser what she would think of me cutting my hair around jaw length and she totally discouraged me, telling me that my face wasn't strong enough to handle short hair and stuff like that. I dunno, that kind of just freaked me out...Does anyone have any idea of how I could possibly cut, or dye, my hair? I'm thinking nothing too gutsy, but then again, maybe it would do me good to just chop it off or something. Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pumperthedinosaur
falling monkey

cogitating, masticating, procrastinating.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1322 on: December 30, 2005 08:22:21 PM »

My supremely washed out green hair and scowl.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:43:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bamabee
« Reply #1323 on: December 30, 2005 08:47:07 PM »

I know having long straight hair can be boring.  But, I would encourage you to try some different things at this length first.  Get one of those "Long-Hair Styles" books you see in the check out ailes.  I'm saying this because I've had long hair most of my life.  I have also gone from butt length hair to below my ears.  Other times I have permed or dyed it.  I always liked my new do at first, but then regretted it later.  It takes so long to grow back out.  You are very beautiful like you are.  Just think about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xkrazyx
Krazy Kayla

Krazy Kayla

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: December 30, 2005 09:15:29 PM »

I have way naturally curly hair...
I dye my hair quiter often with an at home like 4 dollar kit, and it always seems to fade....
Anyways. I really want to have like blonde on top and really dark brown on bopttom kinda.... but i need some tips on how to get my hair blonde, and if it is even possible... i tried a few times but it turned EXTREMELY orange!

HELP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b><3 Krazy Kayla </b
-Keiko-

Fear the small, cute ones... >)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1325 on: December 30, 2005 10:40:21 PM »

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!    Huh    Huh

Okay, here's my before pic... (sorry for the evil, old webcam pic)

And my after pic (grown out longer)...

It seems like my hair has always been some shade of brown.  Naturally it's a dark-ish brown.  Yet, I'm kinda sick of all the brown tones... The only bad part is, my work won't let me dye it any "extreme colors" (blah, no blues, pinks or greens!  Evil work).

Does anyone have any ideas for a new and light color that I can go into? 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006 07:44:31 PM by -Keiko- » THIS ROCKS   Logged
-Keiko-

Fear the small, cute ones... >)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1326 on: December 30, 2005 10:42:38 PM »

I have way naturally curly hair...
I dye my hair quiter often with an at home like 4 dollar kit, and it always seems to fade....
Anyways. I really want to have like blonde on top and really dark brown on bopttom kinda.... but i need some tips on how to get my hair blonde, and if it is even possible... i tried a few times but it turned EXTREMELY orange!

HELP

Eeeeee, know how ya feel.  I tried to dye my hair this really pretty copperish brown (at least the box looked like that).  Ended up looking no where near the same color as the picture.  u.u
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1327 on: December 31, 2005 04:46:02 AM »

pumperthedinosaur your hair is really cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
black_mamba
« Reply #1328 on: December 31, 2005 05:08:09 AM »

OK, I looked through practically every page and I saw some pretty awesome do's out there. I particularly loved Aly_421's hair. The thing is...I NEED HELP!!! This is a pic of me from about a week ago.

I told the hair dresser what she would think of me cutting my hair around jaw length and she totally discouraged me, telling me that my face wasn't strong enough to handle short hair and stuff like that. I dunno, that kind of just freaked me out...

To be honest I think your hairdresser was wrong. Most girls can get away with shortish hair, you just have to get the style of cut spot on. Personally I think you'd look great with something sitting on the jawline. I have a similar face shape to you and the only cut that suits me is something around the jawline/just above shoulder length.

You could try going progressively shorter and shorter. One day get a shoulder length cut, then once you're used to that get a jaw-length cut etc... trust me short hair rules so much, and you'll never find out unless you try. Wink

<<<edited to remove image in quote>>>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006 05:12:36 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babizzle
I am SmurfPop!

YOU/USED T O _B E A_LR IGHT

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1329 on: December 31, 2005 06:31:32 AM »

Florence, I think Black Mamba has a very good point - if you want short hair try getting shorter gradually. It'll be less of a shock and you may find you didn't want it as short as you thought.

And a textured bob might suit you - please excuse my bluntness but you seem to have a fairly long face and a textured bob would probably suit you well. Have a chat with a good hairdresser and see what they think. Also your friends and family might have some good ideas too.

I'm probably talking out of my arse now  Embarrassed My sister's a hairdresser so I've picked up on a lot of the lingo haha!

PS - hopefully I might be getting a job at the same salon as my sister as general dogsbody - wooo! Have to wait until next week to see. AND my sis should be bleaching part of my hair this weekend so I'll post pics if/when I have that done.

I ramble a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Clothes for Big Busted Women
How to Wear Casual Trousers
How to Wear Casual Tops
How to Wear Cargo Pants
How to Wear Capris
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...