A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 545985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: December 27, 2005 11:42:21 PM »

It's known as a pomp, I think... I'm pretty sure there was a tute on here somewhere...

short for pompadour......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
girl-afraid

I am not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 28, 2005 12:34:55 PM »

The easiest way is to backcomb your hair and spray it a lot. Do you know the girl on the pix? She is SO cute!  Wink

i have no idea who that girl is.  i was just going through the gallery to get ideas for my hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girl-afraid

I am not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 28, 2005 12:39:26 PM »

hey whats a good haircut style for fine/thin straight hair for a heart shaped face? if it helps ,  i have a cowlick, so i cant get bangs on one side and i dont think my hair holds a lot of style

you know, i have two cowlicks and a widows peak, but i was able to cut bangs.  what you do is when you are blowdrying your hair, go back and forth (left-right or right left) several times at the hairline with a wideset bristled brush and the hairdryer pointing down on your hair.  i've been doing this method for so long that my bangs naturally grow normal instead of all up in the air.  a straightener to the bangs also helps keep them down. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hpy_sparrow
Grrrrr!

http://hpysparrow.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1303 on: December 28, 2005 05:51:52 PM »

WoW! I just looked through all 133 pages!! Smiley I loved looking at all the hair, one day I will figure out how to post a pic of myself and  you can get a nice big view of my really BIG really CURLY hair Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

http://hpysparrow.wordpress.com/

http://myspace.com/Irisssssss
kidkoala
« Reply #1304 on: December 28, 2005 10:47:23 PM »

I got rid of my bob a little bit ago. Thought I would post.
I'm not very good when it comes to remembering to brush, it begins to dread in the back. I finally chopped it off and it is soooo much easier. Really care-free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
poto_fan

No day But today

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: December 29, 2005 06:50:14 AM »

I got rid of my bob a little bit ago. Thought I would post.
I'm not very good when it comes to remembering to brush, it begins to dread in the back. I finally chopped it off and it is soooo much easier. Really care-free.

wow, i just thought that said i got ride of my boob a little bit ago. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today
vrykolakas
« Reply #1306 on: December 29, 2005 07:05:18 AM »

That was my hair a few months ago, now its just like that but purple instead of red. Im a natural blonde, so I am considering going back. but alot of people think brown looks natural on me. meh.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005 07:11:23 AM by vrykolakas » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyberology
« Reply #1307 on: December 29, 2005 10:25:32 AM »

Okay,this is going to be a long post with quite a few pics.Apologies in advance!

I haven't seen much fake hair in this thread so I hope it's okay to post mine.Most of these hairstyles were in my hair for several months.

This is the oldest pic of the set,being several years ago.It's a combination of my natural hair dyed pink and black,plus a wool and dread hairpiece.

This is the first time I had dread extensions in.They're mostly red with a fringe of black to match the underlying colour of my hair.On the red dreads I hid the braiding of my natural hair along the dread by wrapping that part of the dread with wool in the same color.

Here's me with white dread extensions.The ginger coloured bits are where I was lazy and hadn't covered the braiding with wool.

And just for a laugh-this is what my hair looks like just after I've taken all the dread extensions out!

One of my roving hairpieces I made during the summer.

I also have a full head of black/blue with white tips roving dreads which I had in my head when I went for the interview for my current dayjob at a school,which just goes to prove that you can get decent jobs with wierd hair.Unfortunately I don't have any decent pics of them currently but some of the kids at work know me as 'that lady that had hair like Sonic the Hedgehog'  Shocked

And finally-here's a pic of me from a couple of weeks ago after I'd been to the hairdresser to get it trimmed as it was getting too long to put in my extensions.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:16:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

House of Hirudinea | http://www.hirudinea.co.uk
whyislife
« Reply #1308 on: December 29, 2005 11:09:14 AM »

cyberology: i like the way you looks with dreads, but i think you look really good without dreads too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 29, 2005 01:09:36 PM »

I had mine bright red last summer, but it's normal now.. Dumb school dress/hair codes.

Very nice...your hair is so beautiful!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006 08:32:26 PM by krazigal72 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Rankin Live Exhibition
Tips for Photographing Children
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Bacon Alphabet by Henry Hargreaves
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...