A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 488722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

welshdragon

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichateracism

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 16, 2005 06:20:03 AM »

ever since i shaved off my mohawk (its coming back i just wanted it grow differently)
 i realised the true color of my hair for the first time in years ive been dying it black
its very very grey im only 20!!!. This is genetic though because both of my grandpas went grey at a
young, The question should i keep it grey or dye it?
it could be pretty funky to have a grey mohawk
opinions please
xxxxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichatera cism.com
NessaGurl
« Reply #1241 on: December 16, 2005 06:29:59 AM »

I'd keep it...I love grey hair! I'm not really sure why people are obsessed about not having grey hair or being bald. I think bald men are sexy and grey hair too...nothing wrong with getting older...and nobody should be ashamed....I say keep it real ! And hey, if you don't like it you can always dye it again.

NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
sansconformist
« Reply #1242 on: December 16, 2005 09:19:06 AM »

Check Quinns haie board

http://pub126.ezboard.com/bhair18356

It's a hair extention site geared towards punk and very innovative styles. I know I've seen these fake hawks there before. I think the simplest way would be to shave down a cheap wig leaving a 1/2 border around the hawk, use upholstery thread to bind the raw edges underneath and conceal them, and attach toupee clips to the edges. (Those are cheap but hard to find in stores. Google them) Then you're just left to distress the hair enough that you can spike it up and have it hold it's shape, It's not your hair, so glue would probably be helpful.  Good luck Smiley

Can anyone maybe help me to create this style? I've looked everywhere for like a tutorial or something but i can't find anything

http://groups.msn.com/KikoDesigns/oddpictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=63

THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1243 on: December 16, 2005 09:25:35 AM »

if you go to beauty supply store like Sally's beauty supply, they usually have toupee clips.

other than that.. I don't think you'd want to actually shave down the wig, otherwise you'd expose the base.. but you could definately trim it down to about 1" or so around the mohawk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
coralfang03
~*there is no time to worry about tomorrow*~

~*rock n roll is here to stay*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1244 on: December 16, 2005 12:40:05 PM »

Wink i agree....i love grey hair too. my mum's mate annais premature grey and she's got this really long, silvery hair...its beautiful. i think it looks ace on younger people. i think older people are funny about it, and cover it up, because its one of the most obvious signs of ageing...so its that they're worried about that, more than the colour.

i reckon you should keep it grey until you start looking old, then dye it...muhahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"jane says, im done with sergio, he treats me like a ragdoll....i don't believe in love, i don't know what it is, only know when someone wants me"

Jane Says - Janes Addiction

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Beautiful_madness
« Reply #1245 on: December 18, 2005 03:43:56 PM »

Ohh yeah. I haven't had bangs in... ever and ever. Kinda scary. But yeah... I have orange hair. I want it to die. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekette

I'd rather die terrified than live forever.

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 18, 2005 06:52:35 PM »

my hair is pretty boring.....its shoulder length, and a super dirty blonde that is considered super light brown by others.  it used to be white blonde, but it naturally got waay darker, but lightens up a bit in the summer.  wheeee. color changing hair.  i've never really wanted to dye it; except maybe that loreal temporary stuff.  anywhooo........

i pretty much always straighten it, or have brushed it straight, so it hasnt been curly since i was like four.  so i just re-discovered it's curliness a couple weeks ago when i neglected to dry/straighten/brush it.  so since then ive been playing with it to try to get it to be curly and nice, but no matter what i do, it either loses it's curl halfway through the day, or it just ends up super frizzy.  does anyone have any tips on how to let it be its natural curly self without letting it be all frizzy? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elleislove

i couldnt help myself.

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 18, 2005 07:31:33 PM »

i have curley hair too. id die without my flat iron. -hugs flat iron<333-

but id like to wear it wavy (not curly... my hairs outragously curly...) sometimes. but whenever i flat iron it it just gets UUUUBERRRRR straight and when i try to aply products to wave it up, it gets curley and sticky and crunchy.
when i try a curling iron it doesnt hold cuz the flat iron makes my hair so straight.

so help...? <33
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BELLACLOTHING

BE THERE, YO!
scissorchic
« Reply #1248 on: December 18, 2005 08:59:24 PM »

Try some hair cream and roll it on some large plastic or velcro rollers and let it dry instead of straightening it and then trying to curl it.  It may help to get a dryer and blow it dry on the rollers or even let your hair naturally dry half way before setting it on the rollers to speed up the process.

Good luck and keep experimenting!  Trial and error is your best bet at finding what you like best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1249 on: December 18, 2005 09:20:06 PM »

i just redid my hair last week. this is how it came out!

i'm happy with it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Coverage and Camouflage Of Thinning Hair
Hair Loss Treatments for Men
Healthy Hair Care and Styling Tips
Hair Loss Treatments for Women
Exciting Advancements In Hair Care and Hair Loss
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...