A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 490283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shmooey
« Reply #870 on: September 16, 2005 01:43:29 PM »

So if you go to a salon and have your hair bleached, how much damage will it honestly do to your hair? Ive always assumed it made your hair straw-like and horribly brittle. Or is that only for those who do it every week or two? Tongue

Just curious since ive never dyed my hair- How much damage does a professional bleaching really do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #871 on: September 16, 2005 03:22:39 PM »

So if you go to a salon and have your hair bleached, how much damage will it honestly do to your hair? Ive always assumed it made your hair straw-like and horribly brittle. Or is that only for those who do it every week or two? Tongue

Just curious since ive never dyed my hair- How much damage does a professional bleaching really do?

i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure if you've never done it before, and you only do it once, it shouldn't be that bad. a friend of mine got it done cause her hair was black, and she wanted lighter highlights. and her hair is still really great looking. i'm jealous of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
capitanjen
« Reply #872 on: September 17, 2005 09:54:15 AM »

my hair was like that!!! i just cut it so that it was chin-length ish and i got some side swept bangs. all the rage at my school! haha jk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fght ff yr dmns. crft n yr slp.
BoxesOfCats
« Reply #873 on: September 17, 2005 04:11:58 PM »

Is this thread still going on? Well, here's my hair if anyone's interested. Sorry about the big pictures.
Recently:

A couple days after the first time I dyed it blue: (Sorry about the weird lighting)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.
fancypants
« Reply #874 on: September 17, 2005 09:46:25 PM »

Thanks for the link to photobucket and the hairfiles. I have been looking for a picture to help me articulate the ideas I have that I can never explain to a stylist. I am now rocking the best hair I have had in a very long time....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BuhBuhLub
« Reply #875 on: September 18, 2005 06:56:11 PM »

I've never dyed my hair any crazy colors or cut it in any funky way.

I think it's mainly because I have naturally curly hair... and there aren't too many different hairstyles that work with curly hair... not many that would work for ME, anyway.

I've pretty much done my hair the same way for years.

Kept it shoulder length or longer, but never shorter than that. Either lots of short layers to make it really round and afro-like or a few long layers to make it look more... long?

I might post a pic tomorrow if I find the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
S.C.K.

Not everything is obvious, explore...

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 19, 2005 01:50:52 PM »

Hiya! Well this seemed like a fun place to post! So I went through a phase in which I dyed my hair every other week, hence it has been just about every color of the rainbow. Alas, I have few pictures I can find of any of that, at the moment. So I have a couple of boring styles I went through.
longer hair pulled back...
1950s fun!~
The look I go for now, minus  elfears and skirt
rock festival fun! The hair stayed up all day long, through a HEAVY rainfall and a smallshirt change. It could bend and everything, FUN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
S.C.K.

Not everything is obvious, explore...

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 19, 2005 02:05:25 PM »

All you need is a willing fantastically tall best friend ( I'm 5 foot two eyes of blue and all,..and my best friend is so tall that my foot is the size of his hand...need I say more) 1 and a half cans of EXTRA STRONG hairspray, 1 and a half cans of EXTRA STRONG hair gel or wax or smth of the sort and a hairdryer. ( it took forever and was a total riot to do) The expression...well my mother suggested I suck my tummy in...I was feeling all accused and fat and decided to revolt and do an I'm-not-a-bloody-anorexic-that-looks-like-this-look...then nauturally she snapped the foto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorchic
« Reply #878 on: September 19, 2005 03:36:05 PM »

Hiya! Well this seemed like a fun place to post! So I went through a phase in which I dyed my hair every other week, hence it has been just about every color of the rainbow. Alas, I have few pictures I can find of any of that, at the moment. So I have a couple of boring styles I went through.
The hair stayed up all day long, through a HEAVY rainfall and a smallshirt change. It could bend and everything, FUN!
Cute rat!!  I have two!  I <3 them!!! 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006 08:03:57 PM by krazigal72 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatieCarousel
« Reply #879 on: September 20, 2005 07:01:15 PM »

because everyone has posted, i felt a tad obligated, even though im pretty lame in the hair department

childhood collage

over the summer the bottom of my hair was pinkred, it washed out in time for school

sorry for the huge pic
now my hair is boring again
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Wedding Photos
How to Turn Art Concepts Into Projects
How to Strike Your Best Photo Pose
How to Take a Fashion Portrait
How to Take Great Fishing Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...