A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 509841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2005 09:19:56 PM »

shakes-- I absolutely adore that color on you.. it goes so nicely with your red eyes =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
mayerlove
« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2005 07:49:19 AM »

raeamazon- how do you put in the "twists"? i braid my hair, twist it, curl it, i've done just about everyting to it, and it won't look like that. my hair is super thick and straight, though. i love you hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
mayerlove
« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2005 07:55:12 AM »

i think a few layers would look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: September 06, 2005 10:48:16 AM »

raeamazon- how do you put in the "twists"? i braid my hair, twist it, curl it, i've done just about everyting to it, and it won't look like that. my hair is super thick and straight, though. i love you hair.

Well, you know how when you French braid, you add hair in as you go?  These twists are the same way.  I split my hair into 3 sections, and starting right at the crown, twist, then braid the ends when there's no more hair to add in.  I roll the ends with fabric curlers so they aren't straight and yucky.  I don't know how to describe it better than that!  Smiley  Before all the twisting though, I wash it, then let it dry with gel in it.  I sleep with it twisted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
losmills
« Reply #824 on: September 06, 2005 02:15:55 PM »

Thanks guys.

I went out and had some long layers cut - from my chin down.  I love it!  It's really such a small change, but my hair just lays and moves so much nicer.  It is no more effort to style (not that I ever put much effort into my hair), but it just looks great!  Yay!

A good haircut makes a huge difference.  The first stylist that I booked with just didn't seem to get what I wanted.  I had zero confidence in her ability, so I (nicely) said that I had changed my mind about getting it cut today.  (I'm sure she thought that I was a complete nutter!)  Anyway, then I walked to the other side of the mall, walked right into a different salon and started talking to a stylist who understood completely.  She really took her time and kept checking with me.  I love it when you get someone who is so professional at what they do!

I'll post a picture later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pas_non
« Reply #825 on: September 06, 2005 02:31:50 PM »

you know what, i bet you would look utterly cute in a short indie girl haircut, whatever that means. here, this girl jenny from the band wolfie has the hair i am kind of talking about:

then again this may be too short for you and if you have very fine hair it might not work.. but i think it'd look cute! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
die_on_a_rope
« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2005 02:19:17 PM »

well ive never died my hair, but i did cut it yesterday.

i pretty much feel like the cross of captain planet and david bowie.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2005 05:44:14 PM »

raeamazon- thanks i'll try that.

die on a rope- i love it and i wish i could have hair that short!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bad714
« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2005 07:47:55 PM »

thanks LittleYellow, people just dont feel the pain of us with fine limp hair   Wink

you said sometimes you blowdry your hair for a better look...what products do you use?   ~beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bad714
« Reply #829 on: September 07, 2005 07:49:17 PM »

this is a question for anyone, what products (and brands) do you use that you like?   Huh    i'd like something that will give me some pieceness/chunkiness and, or some volume.  i've tried volumizing root sprays, pomades, and waxes, but nothing that really gives me what i want.  i have fine straight hair, but any and all suggestions would make me very, VERY happy!  thanks ~beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Introducing Document Preferences
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Exporting an InDesign File as a PDF
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Changing Display Quality and Multiple Text Layers
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Entering Text and Images into a Table
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing and Stylizing Text in InDesign
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...