A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 309,975
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 686797 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2005 09:19:56 PM »

shakes-- I absolutely adore that color on you.. it goes so nicely with your red eyes =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
mayerlove
« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2005 07:49:19 AM »

raeamazon- how do you put in the "twists"? i braid my hair, twist it, curl it, i've done just about everyting to it, and it won't look like that. my hair is super thick and straight, though. i love you hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
mayerlove
« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2005 07:55:12 AM »

i think a few layers would look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: September 06, 2005 10:48:16 AM »

raeamazon- how do you put in the "twists"? i braid my hair, twist it, curl it, i've done just about everyting to it, and it won't look like that. my hair is super thick and straight, though. i love you hair.

Well, you know how when you French braid, you add hair in as you go?  These twists are the same way.  I split my hair into 3 sections, and starting right at the crown, twist, then braid the ends when there's no more hair to add in.  I roll the ends with fabric curlers so they aren't straight and yucky.  I don't know how to describe it better than that!  Smiley  Before all the twisting though, I wash it, then let it dry with gel in it.  I sleep with it twisted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
losmills
« Reply #824 on: September 06, 2005 02:15:55 PM »

Thanks guys.

I went out and had some long layers cut - from my chin down.  I love it!  It's really such a small change, but my hair just lays and moves so much nicer.  It is no more effort to style (not that I ever put much effort into my hair), but it just looks great!  Yay!

A good haircut makes a huge difference.  The first stylist that I booked with just didn't seem to get what I wanted.  I had zero confidence in her ability, so I (nicely) said that I had changed my mind about getting it cut today.  (I'm sure she thought that I was a complete nutter!)  Anyway, then I walked to the other side of the mall, walked right into a different salon and started talking to a stylist who understood completely.  She really took her time and kept checking with me.  I love it when you get someone who is so professional at what they do!

I'll post a picture later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pas_non
« Reply #825 on: September 06, 2005 02:31:50 PM »

you know what, i bet you would look utterly cute in a short indie girl haircut, whatever that means. here, this girl jenny from the band wolfie has the hair i am kind of talking about:

then again this may be too short for you and if you have very fine hair it might not work.. but i think it'd look cute! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
die_on_a_rope
« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2005 02:19:17 PM »

well ive never died my hair, but i did cut it yesterday.

i pretty much feel like the cross of captain planet and david bowie.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2005 05:44:14 PM »

raeamazon- thanks i'll try that.

die on a rope- i love it and i wish i could have hair that short!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bad714
« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2005 07:47:55 PM »

thanks LittleYellow, people just dont feel the pain of us with fine limp hair   Wink

you said sometimes you blowdry your hair for a better look...what products do you use?   ~beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bad714
« Reply #829 on: September 07, 2005 07:49:17 PM »

this is a question for anyone, what products (and brands) do you use that you like?   Huh    i'd like something that will give me some pieceness/chunkiness and, or some volume.  i've tried volumizing root sprays, pomades, and waxes, but nothing that really gives me what i want.  i have fine straight hair, but any and all suggestions would make me very, VERY happy!  thanks ~beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Hot Hot Pads
March 22, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Chandelier Earrings

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...