A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 526320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chelsea star
I LOVE YOU!

something saurus.

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 04, 2005 05:56:57 PM »

i wish i had a better picture! i have really dark brown hair, and ive been doing random blotches of pink for a few years. my mom didnt use a good bleach this time and it wouldnt get any lighter so the pink came out dark. ill be doing it again sometime this week and itll be WAY brigher
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carry their little bodies to the cemetary ever so gently, please don't let their necks crook towards the ground
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 05, 2005 12:33:51 PM »

here's my super-cool-unique hair:

not.  i've been growing it out because everyone says i look better with long hair.  (sorry i don't have any pictures from a couple of years ago when it was super-short and hideous.  i wanted it like the ever so popular longer and flat in the front, short and spiked in the back.  i looked like i was attacked by a weed-eater.)  it's gotten to the point where i lay on it when i sleep and it drives me nuts.  and the back is always always always tangled.  so, since you all have creative hair, what should i do with it?  and...do spiral curl perms actually work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #812 on: September 05, 2005 12:38:42 PM »

My hair is not particulalry exciting, but I felt left out of all the fun!  So here's mine.  I always crave more body and more shagginess.  Today it looks like this, but you never know for tomorrow:

and back:

and after I sleep with twists in:

I like it best that way.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
losmills
« Reply #813 on: September 05, 2005 02:32:04 PM »

I've just spent the last 3 years growing my hair out...and now it's really starting to bug me.  I just have a hard time dealing with it getting in my face...and generally just being in the way.  When I try to put it up, I end up getting a headache by the end of the day... even when I tie it up loose.  So, I'm trying to decide whether to wait it out and see if it stops annoying me (I am in a bit of a hormonal space at the moment), or chop it off.  I guess part of the problem is that I'm not sure if I even like the way it looks long (in my case, longish).  Of course my husband and my 5 year old desperately want me to let it grow down to my butt!  Men!  Just not going to happen, guys!

So, what do you think?  Any suggestions on hairstyles/cuts?  I was thinking of doing an Natalia Imbruglia look...or maybe just putting in a few layers would do the trick.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:41:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangosplash
« Reply #814 on: September 05, 2005 02:58:55 PM »

I have the exact same problem (except I love ponytails, cause it hides my boring hair)... During college, I even let my roommates cut it for me!  But when I came home to visit, my parents gave me plenty off odd looks, so I finally succumbed to the hair dresser.... who suggested layers along the bottom!  So go with your layers idea and give it a try ... sure beats chopping it off when you spent 3 precious years growing it!  And it will give it that "fresh and new" look that you might be craving.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
girlonjourney
« Reply #815 on: September 05, 2005 03:02:23 PM »

I think your hair would look really cute with some long layers! It is at a good length to do that. It is kind of at that in-between length so don't cut it now. I know what you mean about having your hair up...I like how my hair looks up, but I have a headache after about one hour so I just don't do it. This may come from years of trauma inflicted upon me by cosmetic industry which forced us to wear hair up.  Smiley
Post a pic with the results!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #816 on: September 05, 2005 04:11:52 PM »

If you get headaches from having it up, it's from uneven tension (a few strands pulling more on your scalp than others, for example). Try styles that distribute the weight better, like a French braid, and/or get hair clips that won't tug too hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
bad714
« Reply #817 on: September 05, 2005 07:05:58 PM »

I have VERY fine, VERY straight hair   Cry      I've cut my hair to about an inch above my shoulders and I'm ok with it, but its just a straight cut.  but i'd love to know what cuts other gals with fine straight hair like.  and what products do you use to give it some texture and chunkiness?  Otakuannie, i love your style, what do you use on your hair?  does it have layers?  any help would be apprecited by my limp hair and all those who see it   Cheesy   ~beth     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LittleYellow
Little. Yellow. Different.

Je ne suis pas utile. Mais, je suis amusante!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 05, 2005 08:45:28 PM »

I have fine, straight hair too...And until this past year I never had a good way to style it. Now I've got it cut to about chin-length all around and side-swept bangs, and I -love- it, because it just styles itself once it's dry. I never have to do anything. But if I blow it dry, it looks even better, and only takes about ten minutes to do. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet.... But just thought I'd give you my input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm handmade, you're handmade. Let's make things together.
shakes
Ruler of All That Rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: September 05, 2005 08:50:50 PM »

this is mine, it's short and freshly dyed

looks like fiyah!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005 08:52:56 PM by shakes » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stitch Together a Panoramic Photo
How to Rotate a Video Clip
How to Choose Colors for Powerpoint
How to Use Adobe Photoshop Elements
How to Blur Faces in Videos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...