A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 498075 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clem-Mon-Tine
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2005 08:24:35 PM »

Man, I dunno why I didn't find this thread earlier XD

I've had my hair quite a few colors ;p Last semester I had it blue which was alright but i faded so quick =_= Don't have a pic though ;p

I think this is when I had a reddish color that faded to a nice orange ;p

Then I dyed it Special Effects Blood Red. Didn't like the color too much though >_>

So I bleached the front and added orange and yellow. Was like that for a while and the color stayed forever! I barely had to touch it up XD it was awesome.

Jus' recently dyed my hair black...kinda. I mixed all the extra dye I had and used that <_< It didn't seem black enough for me 'cus the red kept showing through so I got a box of dye >_> and 'cus of the semi-permant color it didn't turn out perfectly...so there's a few slight shades of green that show through. :shrug: Might go back after a week or two (before I get it cut shorter; the last pic was before my most recent hair cut, it's 'bout shoulder length now and I think I'm gonna get another inch or so off and more layers so I can make it all messy XD) and see if I can't add a little more to it ^_^;;

THIS ROCKS   Logged
livingin77
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2005 12:41:07 AM »

Wee, dying hair.  I haven't seen much of my natural color in nearly 7 years.  here are a few.

That's my current hair, I'm on the right.  Don't mind the drunkenness.  The pink is really much brighter, this picture is just weird.

That's before I put the black over the turquoisey green.  That's a much better representation of the pink.

Before I cut off my Mohawk (I fried it... again...) my boyfriend used to dye cool things in my fuzz for me, ha ha.

Green, Black & near White Mohawk.

Wow, this one is really old.  Over a year old.  A chelsea with a checkerboard strip dyed in.  I was at an 80's party, I didn't normally crimp it.

Pink & Black Mohawk.  You can kinda see the cool things dyed in my fuzz there too.

That's around a year old... Yeah.

That's about ... 3 years old.  GOD I MISS MY RAINBOW HAIR CHRIST.  That's also the longest my hair has EVER EVER EVER been in my entire life, hahaha.

& that's my boyfriend a few months ago.

Wow, I just posted like a million pictures.

All of the colored dyes are Special Effects (the pink is Atomic Pink, the Green is Limelight, the turquoisey green is a mix of fishbowl and limelight...) except for some colors in the rainbow (I don't even remember what I used...) and the blue in Seth's hair (it's Punky Colours Atlantic Blue.).  I swear by Special Effects for dye (or else the GEL manic panic, not the creme) and Quick White bleach.  You can get the bleach at Sally's, just buy a little envelope of it (or 2.. or 3) and as many little bottles of CREME developer (the higher the # the more bleaching power, but also more frying done to your hair.)

I just can't get away from pink.  *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinathellama
Oh man!

I am the Depleted Uranium of Feminity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2005 12:58:20 AM »

Mines not dyed, but I recently got it cut into a Shag-Mohawk-Mullet... depending on the way I gell it.

Spikey:

Not so Spikey:

I thought I was going to for a simple cut... and it ended up taking 3 hours. She "texturized" my entire head... but I totally love it!

Yay for everyone on here with brightly colored hair, I totally miss mine! It was purple... but alas, no longer.

Rock and roll!
\m/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/
Zombie_Teeth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bike Punk

X VEGAN X

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2005 01:14:15 AM »

Oh my gosh. How did I miss this thread?

Mar Drunkstar.. your hair is amazing. Makes me want to change my hair up.. give myself a mohawk. I plan on it someday actually, but eh, anyway..

That's my hair now. ^^

And a timeline.
Oh holy Freshman year. Blue hair, faded, long. Roots from hell. mmm.. chocoloate milk..

This year. Color from this point on is a Enchanted Forest green MP [looks blue, I know.] Weird cut too.

Then I chopped the longer bottom layer off.

And so I cut my own hair shorter. Faded. Ew.

And shorter. [Excuse the weird pose, I was showing off the shirt I made on here Tongue)

Changed hair to black/blonde.

Missed having dyed hair, so put SFX Limelight underneath.

I think I'll make my cut a little bit more extreme today.. I woke up at 3:30 AM in horrible pain from my wisdom teeth [had em removed yesterday] and I haven't gone back to bed yet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey guys,
Sorry about all the old broken picture posts. I no longer have the files!

xmelinda
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2005 07:20:21 PM »

Okay, I'm going to sound REALLY old here, and please don't think I'm condescending, because I don't mean to, but... I keep looking at this thread and I'm sort of amazed at how the punky look for those of you who seem to be in high school looks almost exactly like how we dressed when *I* was in high school (and I graduated in 1987).  Just the band names are different  Cool  Man, I told you I was old...

But, having said that, I so totally wish I could dye my hair some amazing pink or green!  My boss would flip out.  Stupid grown-up responsibilities like needing money for house payment.  zombie teeth, I especially love the grass-green  underneath, black on top look.  Even bright red or orange would be cool.  I keep thinking I'll just do a little bit and see what happens...though my boss said something to me just when I had henna tattoos on my hands  Roll Eyes

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
djungelorms friend

staying sane through grad school by staying crafty

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2005 07:36:37 PM »

Wow, looking at all this makes me really happy.

So I have a Louise Brooks 1920's style cut and some bluey-violet purple streaks.  I will take pictures very soon and post, when I am not disgustingly sick and the purple in the bags under my eyes isn't competing with the purple in my hair.  Stupid 3 weeks of bronchitis.

I designed the look but got it done at a salon--I can't take credit for the actual dyeing.  I'm a creative model for the local Vidal Sassoon salon and they do some cool shit there.  I'll be very very sad when the guy I model for graduates and I no longer have his free hair services...  but in the meanwhile enjoying it to the fullest.

pictures soon, I swear.  this is just a placeholder.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have you hugged a moose today?
pinkhairedcyn
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2005 07:45:33 PM »

My hair - it's been pink for about six years now.  (Ignore the crazy pose, I'm showing off a shawl I knitted.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2005 07:49:08 PM »

xmelinda, I know what you are saying. I'm only 26 but damn those responsibilities that make me have normal hair. This thread has made me miss my bright colors, I think I'm getting some pink or red chunky highlights, I do my job well shouldn't that be what counts Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2005 09:59:15 PM »

holy carp djungelorm's friend - If your person needs another head to style......... I live in Chicago and haven't had a haircut since September (that was the mohawk). I have no money for one and I also don't know any stylists.  I'm itching.

btw Atomic Pink represent.  Cool

I've wanted to say so much about so many different girls' hair but then another comes along and another... just know that everyone looks totally wicked..

Also, my hair was the color of blue jello once.  Ignore my crooked eyes with bags under them. I hate this pic but the colors are so damn close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshGav
Dance like no ones watching

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2005 10:12:36 PM »

I've always wanted to do fun hair colors but at all of my jobs it has been a big no no because i work with young kids and my old job was at hotdog on a stick they didn't even let you have your nails painted anything but preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'pink....whatever.....soo') i am stuck doing only "natural" colors....but here's what i cut off for locks of love

and here's how it ended up a few weeks after i had last added color i only use semi permanent cause i'm lazy and hate roots and try not to damage my hair too much

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005 10:14:56 PM by AshGav » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Straight NOT Narrow
Rainbows make me happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Visual Culture Online
Off Book: The Art of Typography
Architect Mark Wigley Says Data Visualization Is the New Art
A Workshop For Peace
Audio Speakers Installed in Hollowed Tree Trunks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...