A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
779 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 488793 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2005 03:37:01 PM »

question:

my hair has turquoise like streaks in it.  i had it done at a salon (i know, i know, i suck.)  it's already fading three weeks later.  i want to refresh it at some point, and so far all the dyes i've used over it (namely manic panic, i think, and some other kind) have just gone on the bleached parts, and left my brown hair brown.  will special effects do that?

-mer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whyislife
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2005 08:33:55 PM »

is it true that if a person with light colored hair dyes it black it never goes back to its original color?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2005 09:09:29 PM »

snowwhite: Thanks  Smiley  And I do exactly the same thing with color except I go between black, pink, and black and pink  Cheesy

Dithmer: if you want it all turquoise you'll have to bleach it.  Any turquoise dye will not color on brown hair, it's just too dark to take up the color. AND turquoise is a hard color to keep, it fades to green rather quickly.  I STILL recommend Special Effects, though.  I have a pic of mine after it faded if you want to see.

whyislife: Really if you dye ANY color hair with permanent dye you probably can't get it back to it's original color.  I've never had a color fade out completely.  But you know, you can always grow it out! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2005 09:38:13 PM »

I just went back to bettie bangs about two weeks ago after growing them out for a year or so. I can totally understand about spazzing over your forehead. I also went back to dyed black about a week ago after almost two years of a "natural" color. I was being totally absurd and thinking since i had a kid I had to grow up. Roll Eyes silly me. thanks to all the alternitive dressed mommies on craftster I'm happy to be myself again. I plan to bleach my tips and dye them blue in the next week or so.
On a completely unrelated note. I am writing this whilst dressed in my pirate costume......huzzah for ren faires! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonke ys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
kylieultra
hippopotophile

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2005 09:58:23 PM »

I decided I needed a bit of a pep up, since I've been feeling down a bit, so I dyed my hair.

It's actually a little bit brighter and a tiny bit more pink (I've redyed it) at the front, and the back is a little more red. I've got plenty of compliments on it Smiley

If you're interested, the colour is called Cyclamen, and the brand is some brand I've never come across before (I'm from Aus.. we do't have manic panic etc that I know of here.)

Love my vampy pose Cheesy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/ultrakylie/thumb.jpg
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 09:40:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2005 10:36:41 PM »

is it true that if a person with light colored hair dyes it black it never goes back to its original color?
Um....hair grows out.

My natural hair color is a mousey brown/dirty blonde, I dyed it brunette-ish, a few months ago, and just recently added black streaks....not as crazy as some of you guys, but it's a big step for me

The brown color is actually darker than shown in the pics, the flash reflected, and I had to lighten the pics, because you couldn't see anything originally. These arent' great pictures..but it's all I've got for the moment, it looks cooler with my hair down.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:23:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2005 11:06:57 PM »

nono, i don't want the brown hair turquoise.  i wanted to make sure my brown hair wouldn't turn turquoise.  i'm definitely going to try the special effects now.  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005 07:55:27 PM »

I finally got my hair cut...it was starting to get all long and weird.  My friends called it 'emo hair'.   Tongue  I'm gonna hold off dyeing it until this next week is over though.

So, why is it when you get your hair cut by a middle-aged woman, they always style it like YOU are also middle-aged?  It was all poofy on top, so when I got back to work I turned it into a mohawk.  Unfortunately, by the time I got home to take pictures it was starting to flop and I was too lazy to fix it...

Ignore the 'bald' spot.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2005 08:38:32 PM »

Snowwhitesuicide . . . how did you bleach the black out of your hair?
I've dyed mine black for six years, and now I want colors, because I'm a housewife and I do whut I want.
Anyway, my friend Eli is in beauty school and she and I tried a bleach cap (where you mix the QuikBlue with shampoo and put a shower cap on your head) and we tried a "color corrective". It was a pretty dramatic difference, after several hours, but unfortunately, as it says on the package, the color corrective reverted after a few washes. So now it's black on the bottom, reddish in the middleish, and dark brown (grown out) at the top.
Whatever you did, I need to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2005 08:48:32 PM »

okay....for the zillionth time...Let me see if perhaps I can post a photo.  How on earth do you post a photo that is unlinked...like right on the page?  Wow...maybe I'm an idiot.  Here's a link...I look like I'm maybe..14, trust me, I'm not.

http://jackeohhh.tripod.com/tattoo/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005 08:50:43 PM by Jack E. Ohhh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand And Use The Art Color Wheel
How to Apply Red Venetian Plaster
The Art of Body Painting
How to draw Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to draw Alviss from MAR
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...