A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 393
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 472686 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xfoxglove
« Reply #3800 on: March 21, 2007 10:16:09 PM »

K, so I had this red color that faded to this orange/pinkish hue, and I was wondering -

If I wanted to go back to that same red, should I bleach my hair and than dye, or is it enough to just go over what I have with red?

I have the same sort of deal going on with my hair.  I do the underside red and it fades to this weird pink/orange.  Kindof melon-y.  Ha.  Anyway, I second (third, fourth?) the 'just dye it red again' consensus.

As for me, I'm so bored of the various red shades I've been doing.  I want to get the red out and do a blonde underlayer instead, I think. 

I went to Sally's and the woman there was no help.  She muttered something about Ronald McDonald hair and said the bleach was here and the color corrector was over there.  I was so confused that I left with nothing.  Do I need both?  Do I need one?  Which one?  Ahh.  I'm so lost.  Can anyone help me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
sexylilsushiroll
Kung Fu Generation

Otaku

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3801 on: March 21, 2007 11:24:29 PM »

I've cut my hair and it's quite a nice length for the Summer and Spring of TEXAS!
Before:

After:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love kitties!!!
ellie.henry
« Reply #3802 on: March 22, 2007 10:31:17 AM »

well last night i chopped myself some pin up style bangs, and after i was not so happy and went pissed off to bed, but this morning i am stern with my decision and love them still!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
foreversandals
« Reply #3803 on: March 22, 2007 10:56:50 AM »

I'm in need of some hair advice.

I'm going in on Tuesday for a cut and want something different... but I'm not sure what I want. Shorter for sure.

The bottom of my hair is quite damaged.. you'll notice in pics. Partially from lack of hair cutting [I haven't gone since Sept], partially due to perm [in Sept], partially due to hair dye [in Feb], and partially due to harsh shampoos [I have psoriasis on my scalp]. So I need something that will get rid of the damage, but not too short.

Here is how I normally wear my hair... hair up in messy bun is my saving grace right now [ignore the sign  Wink]

The rest of the pics were just taken and I'm just sitting around the house so I'm not looking so hot. So don't mind that. Just focus on hair.   Grin

Here's the length. The bottom is darker than the top because of how the hair dye took, but this pic shows it in its extreme because its still partially wet from the shower.

Here's the back. This shows the bottom color a little better.

I am up for pretty much anything when it comes to a cut.
I can't afford to get it dyed right now... I'm just looking for a cut.
So... face shape... curly hair... any ideas??  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3804 on: March 22, 2007 12:00:28 PM »

well last night i chopped myself some pin up style bangs, and after i was not so happy and went pissed off to bed, but this morning i am stern with my decision and love them still!

I love pinup bangs!  Do you have a picture?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sarahpanda
« Reply #3805 on: March 22, 2007 12:36:08 PM »

Foreversandals, with curly hair you pretty much have to either wear it really long or cut it super-short--anything in between looks like Sideshow Bob. My face is shaped a lot like yours and I had mine cut in a super-short "Rosemary's Baby" style pixie crop for a long time and it looked really good. You have feminine enough features that you won't look like a boy, just make sure that it's cut into a pixie cut and not some awful boy-style cut with a part or something. Also, a pixie cut is pretty extreme and losing all that hair will be upsetting at first, so you might want to think about it for a long time. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.c om
gmail chat: sarahpanda
ellie.henry
« Reply #3806 on: March 22, 2007 01:35:34 PM »

I love pinup bangs!  Do you have a picture?

not yet but soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
foreversandals
« Reply #3807 on: March 22, 2007 01:56:57 PM »

sarahpanda: Thanks for the tips. I'm afraid to go that short with my hair. I've never had hair that short and I think the jump would kill me.  Undecided
I was wondering if something like this might look good. I can never tell with my face shape or even what my face shape is. All I know is that I have chubby cheeks.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
xfoxglove
« Reply #3808 on: March 22, 2007 04:39:58 PM »

That curly hair style is stunning.  I'm sure if you brought it to your stylist, she could give you an opinion, too.

For what it's worth, I always thought Regina Spektor had nice hair, even if her bangs were a little short sometimes.  Maybe something like that?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3809 on: March 22, 2007 04:46:58 PM »

i've always thought chin-length curly hair was super cute and am envious of those curly haired girls who can pull it off.

also, love the hair pictured.  i think it'd look fabulous on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 393 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kitchener Stitch
Criss-Cross Cables
Increasing for Beginners
Unique Mattress Stitch
Multi-Color Intarsia Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...