A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 502663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A_BigBigLove
« Reply #3720 on: February 25, 2007 10:58:39 PM »

my hair hasn't been its natural color for about ohhhh 5 years.
heres a kind of timeline of the colors, as you can see i didn't get to crazy with color and id get lazy and go months without redying (as you can tell from a few of those pics)
its basically in sequence, except the first two, which should be switched, but other than that it goes from 4 years ago, to the color it is right now, which is pretty close to my natural color.

it's been brown for almost six months now and i'm bored with it! i think i'm gonna grow it long but i miss color too! but i don't want the high maintenance of a full head of color, whats a girl to do?!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Goodbys always make my throat hurt... I need more hellos." -Charlie Brown
jennique
« Reply #3721 on: March 01, 2007 08:59:29 AM »

Today I am going to use a semi-permanent dye on my hair. The instructions say that my hair should be towel dried to a damp state before I dye it. I have always used permanent dyes before, and I have always done it while my hair was dry. I am totaly confused.

Why do I want it damp? What is the difference between dying hair while it is damp or while it is dry? Is it possible that it is supposed to be damp to ease the spreading of the dye through my hair (as it is a foam)? Is there a downside to dying hair while it is damp?

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: March 01, 2007 12:42:04 PM »

i think it spreads easier when wet
i personaly wet my hair before all dye-ing because its less knotty then, i'm sure it wont matter if you do it dry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
bridgetbegins
« Reply #3723 on: March 01, 2007 12:44:45 PM »

Okay. I have a question. I just got my hair cut into a cute bob. I have two problems though.
 1. The hairdresser cut my fringe a little farther over this time and it goes over a cowlick. So, I have fringe, fringe, fringe, cowlick!, fringe. Any suggestions?

2. The bottom of my hair is supposed to curl underneath. About half of my hair does this, and the rest flips up, even when it's been blowdried. Any suggestions to get the hair to flip under?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

At least you'll never be a vegetable- Even artichokes have hearts.
A_BigBigLove
« Reply #3724 on: March 01, 2007 01:19:49 PM »

2. The bottom of my hair is supposed to curl underneath. About half of my hair does this, and the rest flips up, even when it's been blowdried. Any suggestions to get the hair to flip under?

i used to have the same problem, well i wanted my hair to curl out, not in, but the solution is the same. I'm pretty sure the easiest way to fix it is to buy a curling iron and just curl the ends in before you go out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Goodbys always make my throat hurt... I need more hellos." -Charlie Brown
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3725 on: March 01, 2007 01:47:14 PM »

I second the curling iron thing.

Or if you don't want to buy one and have a round brush, curl the hair under around the brush and hold it there, then spray it with a bunch of hairspray.  Wait a second to let it dry before taking the brush out, and it should stay.  Mine does, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3726 on: March 01, 2007 07:24:21 PM »

for the curling problem: mousse your hair at the roots, finger comb from the roots outward while blowdrying and finish off with an enamel barrel brush while blowdrying it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
HippieChick7
« Reply #3727 on: March 01, 2007 09:34:27 PM »

I am so jealous of you guys hair! I need some advice/help

This was taken back in the summer of 06 but I just got my hair cut about a month ago and its back to this length. It doesn't curl the way I would like it to so I absolutely hate wearing it down. It's parted in the middle and looks weird when it is down, so I don't even bother with leaving it down. I would like to do something different with it, but leave it to where I can still put it up whenever I don't have time to bother with it and something that will work whether its curly or I straighten it.

And because I'm fugly and was singing along to American Idol, I had to paint over my face.  Tongue This was before it was cut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quenstalof
« Reply #3728 on: March 02, 2007 12:37:11 AM »

so my hair was about midback lenght, and it's been that lenght for a while (well obviously) and it was getting really tedious and all i ever could do with it was put it up into ponytails or buns.
after some consideration, i got this: much of my hair cut off

and i love my new hair:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftinator
« Reply #3729 on: March 02, 2007 04:05:52 AM »

bridgetbegins - -

I think it could be the cut at the bottom.  I'm not a hairdresser but my friend has little girls and she wanted their hair to curl under so the stylist angled the cut UNDERNEATH so the hair on top was longer than the hair under and it naturally curled under.

Hippiechick7

YOU ARE NOT FUGLY!!!!  Oh, my word, what a cute smile!!!  Stop it!!!   And you've got great hair!  Looks like you have some natural wave which is nice to have!  Have you tried parting it on the side instead?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking for the James Beard House
Super Bowl Dip Recipe: Chili Con Carne
How to Make Chicken Wings in Cola
How to Make a Steak and Eggs Breakfast
Almond Yogurt Waffles and Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...