A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 501838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3650 on: February 08, 2007 07:19:51 PM »

i did think about that... im really not sure because it wouldnt get rid of the red it would just coat it..no?

It would just cover the red.  You have to bleach, but I warn you, red is a bitch to get out of your hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinFish
« Reply #3651 on: February 08, 2007 07:59:53 PM »

Does ANYBODY have suggestions of what else I can do to keep this dye in my hair? 

Don't use Manic Panic.  Use Special Effects.

Seconded. It's just SO much better quality. If it's not available in your area order it from http://www.amphigory.com/. It'll last about 10x longer (at least) than manic panic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: February 08, 2007 08:02:39 PM »

I dabble in this thread, but have a hair dye question that I haven't seen before.

So, this was my hair the evening after I colored it, 1/28:

(I'm making a shakey face!  Anybody else familiar with the phenomenon?  It's when you shake your face so your jaw wiggles freely and then somebody takes a picture.)

As of today, the dye has almost completely faded.  I bleached my hair, used Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink, heat set my hair, kept the dye in over night, rinsed with vineger, only showered every other day, only shampooed the top section of my hair that isn't dyed, and used a conditioner mixed with hair dye.  However, it still managed to fade in less than two weeks.  The last time I dyed my hair before this was with Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink without bleaching first, and it seriously faded out in days.

As we speak, I am sitting with Manic Panic Red Passion in my hair.  Does ANYBODY have suggestions of what else I can do to keep this dye in my hair?  I've read a lot about deep conditioners and such, but my hair is so oily that I have trouble using normal conditioners and use baby powder in my hair when I don't shower.  At this point, I'm just about to give up using Manic Panic and am willing to make the hour drive to Hot Topic to get some Special Effects hair dye.

i feel your pain!  but i don't know if Special Effects will fix your promblem.  i dyed my hair with Special Effects wildflower about a week before you did yours, and it's totally gone too.  the *wow purple!* was gone after about a week, and then it was this dull gray purple.  i did the same bleach/let sit for hours/heat set/only wash every other day with a color-safe shampoo, and yeah.  i also have the same problem with terribly oily hair.  maybe that keeps it from sticking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nesse
« Reply #3653 on: February 08, 2007 08:36:35 PM »

I haven't posted in a while..
pd8151 that red looks awesome on you.  Grin
current:
went from reddish -> double bleaching -> pink  -> lucious mango Wink. all in one week.
I wanted to keep the pink. but I work at shoprite, and they wouldn't have been happy with me.
the mango was really vibrant. but faded quickly. more pictuhs.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:28:37 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

atomic_pink_pigeon

too weird to live, too rare to die

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: February 09, 2007 07:28:03 AM »

Don't use Manic Panic.  Use Special Effects.

i totally agree with Pinfish. i only use manic panic when i know I'll want to change my color easily and quickly. i swear by special effects. also fading has A LOT to do with what type of shampoo you are using. i would suggest putting a little bit of color in your conditioner and only rinse with as cold as possible water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dig personal swaps!!!

www.wists.com/atomic_pink_pigeon
rhino
« Reply #3655 on: February 09, 2007 08:02:00 AM »

I haven't posted in a while..
pd8151 that red looks awesome on you.  Grin
current:http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/376720279_f851a98705_m.jpg
went from reddish -> double bleaching -> pink  -> luscious mango Wink. all in one week.
I wanted to keep the pink. but I work at shoprite, and they wouldn't have been happy with me.
the mango was really vibrant. but faded quickly. more pictures.

I LOVE THIS SHADE! how did you do it what products its beautiful!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:25:02 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
SesSpringett
« Reply #3656 on: February 09, 2007 09:54:17 AM »

I have a dread question - I'm currently making some wool ones and when I install them i want to put feathers in with them - has anyone done this and could you tell me how? Like this...ish....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk
heathurr
rah, rah replica!

my god, she looked just like me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3657 on: February 09, 2007 12:57:28 PM »

i feel your pain!  but i don't know if Special Effects will fix your promblem.  i dyed my hair with Special Effects wildflower about a week before you did yours, and it's totally gone too.  the *wow purple!* was gone after about a week, and then it was this dull gray purple.  i did the same bleach/let sit for hours/heat set/only wash every other day with a color-safe shampoo, and yeah.  i also have the same problem with terribly oily hair.  maybe that keeps it from sticking?
thank god it's not just me.  i was starting to think i'm just awful at dying.

here's my hair this morning.  five bucks says it's gone in a week.  :/

The layers look kind of stupid in that picture.  My bangs look much better than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neversaynever
i don't believe in the sun.

harlot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3658 on: February 09, 2007 01:22:41 PM »

I just saw Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, and I was so inspired by Clementine's blue color.  I would love to do something of the relatively same shade.

Buuut, I work at Egg Harbor Cafe.  Which as the name suggests serves breakfast/brunch/lunch, so it tends to attract the elderly.  They might not be so keen on seeing a blue-headed freak seating them down to their meal.

Any ideas?  I'd love the color, but I don't know if I could do it and keep my job/pull it off.

I believe the issue would lie moreso in the opinions of your supervisor than the elderly folks. I work at Joann Fabrics and I got hired with Nuclear Red hair.. went through every other shade of the rainbow since I've been there and they don't say anything. (I'm thinking perhaps because their motto is "experience the creativity" so that would be pretty hypocritical.) But anyway. I deviate. There are really very few elderly customers who comment negatively on my hair. I've had about a bajillion old ladies tell me "my granddaughter has hair just like yours! It's so pretty and creative!"
(It's when they try to touch it that you've gotta look out. haha.) But if your supervisor/boss person doesn't want you going all-out blue you could do an under-layer dealy so that a ponytail would show the color off and leaving your hair down would cover it up for the most part. That's pretty much the only hideable way to do blue. at least that i can think of  Undecided Sowwy and good luck!

PS: Eternal sunshine is totally the reason I started dying my hair too! haha i forgot that's the reason I wanted to reply to you. I love that movie. OH and also if you're going in the blue direction I'd reccommend Special Effects Blue mayhem. From my experience it's the most vibrant blue around and it lasts the longest and best. It also will fade to purpleish. Not greenish yuck. (like Blue Haired Freak and most manic panic blues) and it won't start out innnncredddibly DARK like Blue Velvet (which is also pretty much impossible to get rid of too)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

give me your eyes, i need sunshine.
your blood, your bones, your voice, and your ghost.

we've both been very brave.
walk around with both legs,
fight the scary day.
we both pull the tricks out of our sleeves.

but I'll believe in anything
and you'll believe in anything.
MurphyChick101
« Reply #3659 on: February 09, 2007 04:55:16 PM »

i feel your pain!  but i don't know if Special Effects will fix your promblem.  i dyed my hair with Special Effects wildflower about a week before you did yours, and it's totally gone too.  the *wow purple!* was gone after about a week, and then it was this dull gray purple.  i did the same bleach/let sit for hours/heat set/only wash every other day with a color-safe shampoo, and yeah.  i also have the same problem with terribly oily hair.  maybe that keeps it from sticking?
thank god it's not just me.  i was starting to think i'm just awful at dying.

here's my hair this morning.  five bucks says it's gone in a week.  :/

The layers look kind of stupid in that picture.  My bangs look much better than that.

i really like the layersssss!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pottery Making: Learn Throwing
Pottery Making: How Does Glaze Firing Work
Pottery Making: How Does Bisque Firing Work
Pottery Making: Useful Tools
Pottery Making: Learn Trimming
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...