A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 504674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katie_ramone9
« Reply #3540 on: January 14, 2007 05:39:10 PM »

cosmiccarrot I feel you pain, except this bad hair cut was my fault.  my hair = loose curls and really thick dark mexican hair. so i get it layered to get rid of the "triangular hair syndrome" and i keep it around 4 inches below my shoulders because thats where it looks good.  well, one day i got the bright idea to go get it cut to an a-line above my shoulders (you can somewhat see it in my avatar thing).  it looked really good, but only if i spent 2 hours straightening it.  so now i have to kill it with a straightening iron every other day until it grows out.  

btw, you hair looks really pretty with or without straightening it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batty
weird kid

If no one was crafty life would be boring.

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: January 14, 2007 06:05:56 PM »

CosmicCarrot i wish i had the patience to grow mine out again, and had red hair. (mine's brown.) you'rs makes me so envious. my solution for the triangularism was to chop it all off to about 2" all around. i would advise you not to do this. it will take forever to grow back. I do have a friend however who always doeas hers up into a loose bun and it looks pretty good with all the loose ends sticking up. you could try that untill it grows to the length you want it to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

replies are so encouraged.... it's scary.
deviantart
wists
blog (it's new so there's not much at all on it)
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3542 on: January 15, 2007 02:21:46 PM »

I like the curliness. Maybe that's because I have straight-ish hair myself and am envious...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thezombified

The Zombified www.thezombified.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3543 on: January 17, 2007 12:24:57 PM »

Yeah, you did it right, good job! So you just left the bleach on your hair until it turned white? I want it a white color, but I'm afraid it'll turn a yellowish, because every time I've ever used a home high-lighting kit, it's turned my hair yellow. Do you suggest any type of brand of bleach to use? Or anyone else on here that may have done white in their hair?

By the way; this thread is freakin' awesome.

- Alicia

I've done white streaks numerous times, most recently in October for my wedding. The first few times, I did just bleach and bleach and bleach until I removed all the pigment from my hair (I don't reccomend this at all-- any time my hair got wet it essentially melted if I touched it. I just learned how to be careful with it). The best bet is to get a good 40 vol powder bleach and what's called a toner or white lie-- that's what takes care of the yellow. It looks purple in the bottle. In short: bleach, bleach again if you feel it's necessary (though I'd reccommend waiting a couple weeks in between bleachings), use the toner like pretty much any temporary hair dye, then condition the hell out of it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Zombified
Original Halloween and Horror Inspired Artwork for the Darkly Inclined
Website - MyspaceLivejournal
Digsy LaRaspberry

Voracious eater of music

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 19, 2007 12:53:50 PM »

I thought I'd post what my hair looks like now.
It's been cut, then razored, then bleached, then dyed.
And I couldn't be happier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #3545 on: January 20, 2007 05:10:46 AM »

Oh wow that colours amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
miasu
« Reply #3546 on: January 20, 2007 01:31:14 PM »

but my mom somehow convinced me to go get it cut, just a few inches. the voice in my head told me no! you've heard too many bad haircut stories! but i did anyway. 2 inches, i said, plus maybe some VERY subtle layers to get rid of my triangular hair syndrome. nothing drastic, well pretty much nothing visible. so she cut off about 4, then took off even more making obvious layers.

Yes, I feel your pain. My mom cuts my hair (she grew up in a salon, her mom being a hairdresser for 40+ years) and she has a very very very bad perception of length. When I say bad, I mean bad. I told her "Mom, do NOT cut more than 4 or five inches. Like this much *spreads hands apart at correct length* (unlike my mother, I am very in touch in how long inches are)" I had like, butt length hair. She reassured me that she knew what I was saying. I must have told her exactly what I wanted about 16 times. She cut off 9 inches. Yepp. Nine. She also thinks an inch is about as long as your pointer finger, which as we all know, is NOT! Anyway, it grows fairly quickly and by the time I stopped crying it was already halfway back to its previous length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CosmicCarrot
« Reply #3547 on: January 20, 2007 03:44:48 PM »

haha yeah...i figured by saying 2 inches i was pretty safe, they'd maybe take 4 or so. but i was wrong. if i ever get the courage to back i'll tell them not to cut any, and then maybe they'll take off 2 haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
ca_ca_im_a_seagull14
« Reply #3548 on: January 21, 2007 12:33:58 AM »

i spiked my hair once twice...
first with hair glue, verdict: unsuccessful, i ended up washing it in the bathroom sink at school... heinous.

then elmers! it lasted all day, and of course with all the closed minded stupid ignorant bastards at my school, it was fun. but i dont care.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoegazer
« Reply #3549 on: January 21, 2007 07:18:53 AM »

Im  not closed mined. If you can find aqua net hair spray, spray the heck out of your liberty spikes and then sorta hold em up while you gently blowdry on the high heat setting. If you do that with elmers your hair will stay up as long as you dont sleep on it or crush it.

So er, as a candy kid I was completely convinced the scene was dead. I guess it lives on to some compacity. Nice candy bracelets hehe....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Easy Japanese Rice Balls with Traditional Asian Fillings
Asian Style Aubergine Burger Recipe
How to Make Authentic Tandoori Chicken
Quick and Easy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
How to Make a One-Pot Kimchi Stew with Chicken and Tofu
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...