A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 510065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MurphyChick101
« Reply #3280 on: November 09, 2006 08:43:34 PM »

MurphyChick101, my hair is much thinner and lighter than yours, but I used to bleach and dye it about once a month and I looooved the texture of it, it was so soft. People used to say "Your hair will fall out if you keep bleaching it!" but then hairdressers would always comment on how healthy it was. So I totally know what you mean! In fact, I want to bleach it now because the texture of my natural hair is so blech.

yeah my hairs actually thick. i love bleaching my hair and stuff. its bad. haha. im tempted to go dye it now. i have bleach. i think im going to put some streaks in it now. lol. GREAT.!

yeah my hairs in really good condition. and its strong.

my hair does fall out sometimes, but my hairs so thick u dont notice so when some of it does fall out i dont really care much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cereza Bomba
« Reply #3281 on: November 10, 2006 02:48:17 AM »

Has anybody actually lost much hair due to bleaching? I bleach mine regularly and am just as regularly warned against it, so I'm wondering if this is just an old wives' tale or what.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
MissMeshell
« Reply #3282 on: November 10, 2006 03:01:36 AM »

Funny, I used to have absolutely platinum white hair which was foiled and bleached constantly and it was so very healthy and nice, my hairdressers were always shocked.

But now it's black and is about to all fall off my head and die from all my black and brown permanent and semi permanent colours, it's so dry and brittle and has to be treated so very gently, it sucks!

I want my blonde hair back Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: November 10, 2006 04:19:24 AM »

i have purple and black hair but for the purple my hair is bleached very light, the thing is when i have roots i only bleach the roots and never all of the hair. ive been doing this for about 4 years my hair i still fine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gypsygurl
« Reply #3284 on: November 10, 2006 08:00:43 AM »

I've def. had hair break off as a result of bleaching but never fall out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Secret Society of Tortured Daughters-In-Law - Hate your MIL? Join the Society today!
kristen vs mothra
« Reply #3285 on: November 10, 2006 10:41:22 AM »

you need to be careful with extreme bleaching...not only is it possible to have severe breakage, but if you try to go that platinum your hair can actually melt off in a horrifying, gummy way.  i speak from experience.  they were only highlights thank god, but still...patience pays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: November 10, 2006 01:05:15 PM »

ah apparently at our college a girl decided theat the chemical bath in the darkroom was a good way to bleach her hair ... it wasnt ... er hair snapped off at the roots. how dumb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba
« Reply #3287 on: November 10, 2006 01:43:35 PM »

Thanks for all the responses. I'm smarter now  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3288 on: November 11, 2006 08:13:00 PM »

after putting off for so long, my friend called me up today to donate our hair for lock of love. the last time I donated was about 2 1/2 yrs ago, and my hair was just below my shoulder.
I have straight, as in super stick straight boring hair, and I had no clue what to do with it. I wanted to keep as much length as possible since my best friend is getting married in April and I'm going to be the maid of honor.. and long hair is my thing! so the stylist said that I should get slight layers, and that she would give me long bangs.. and this is what I ended up with. I feel very Rachel-esque circa 1st season of friends.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet
the last time I donated, the guy who cut my hair took waaaaay more than the required 10 inches.. and this time the girl who did my hair took waaaay more than the guy before!! I think it was 15-16 inches  Shocked I think they just like trying to get as much hair as possible  Roll Eyes at least it's for a good cause and it'll grow back

before: with wet hair straight from the shower

and after: it used to be a bit poofier.. but I kept playing with it during dinner. I'll need to actually blow dry/style my hair if I want it to have this volume again Sad

good? bad? it's hard to see the cut since my hair is just plain black.. at least I know my hair grows pretty fast so by wedding time, I'm hoping it will be mid backish.. probably shorter though Sad
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:32:37 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
snowyangel
« Reply #3289 on: November 11, 2006 08:21:06 PM »

I think shortening your hair was better and makes you look more mature hgflower but i would gone with some long layers and side swept bangs too.... then again i am a bang fan.  I am jealous of ANYONE with thick hair. The worst combination to have is what i have: poker straight, thin silky hair so it doesn't hold no curl, beat that!  Angry
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006 08:23:36 PM by snowyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funky hand bags, pillows, cat toys and more UNDER $25...
www.snowyangel.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cactus V2s Wireless Flash Trigger Review - Part 4 of 4
How to Build DSLR Ring-Flash part 1 of 2
How to Build a DSLR Ring-Flash part 2 of 2
How to Clean your Digital SLR sensor
How to Diffuse the Light From the Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...