A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,113
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 393
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 472798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #2770 on: July 16, 2006 07:54:49 PM »

Elven: I was grey at 12 too.  Now I am 29 and I have almost 100 strands of grey.

Yeah,

I feel young now...NOT!

i knew a girl who had one grey stripe in the back of her hair. she was born with it.
is that from a hormone imbalance or does it just happen?

It's just from DNA if it's just a streak you've had all your life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2771 on: July 16, 2006 07:56:11 PM »

^_^ so an update on my post a couple pages back. That night my friend and I did the whole Color Rays in fuschia on our hair. She had two bleached strands in front, and the colors came out BRIGHT magenta. My hair, being Asian black and all, didn't come out nearly as bright as the box said it would but I'm actually pretty happy with it. It's a deep red tinged with purple, and what I did was streak the underlayer of my hair (so you can't see it from the back when it's down) and add a chunky streak to the right side on top. Pretty nifty Smiley

Pics are hard to take, though. I'll update at some point.

A random story about the dyeing- We were in the bathroom (this was at camp) when someone in our dorm burned popcorn and the fire alarm went off just as my time was up. So we had to run out, saran wrap still in my hair and a towel around my shoulders and wait for 10 minutes. I freaked out the whole time because I thought my hair would get super damaged from the extra time, but the only thing that happened was the my color got a bit brighter than it would have been ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
PiNkyToE
....hiGh mAiNteNaNcE...YeT mAnAgeAbLe...

~*~ i PuT tHe FUN in FuNeRaL ~*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2772 on: July 16, 2006 10:24:48 PM »

so i got to page 7o something and hopped over to the end and worked my way back to page thie 230 something and i thought that i'd contribute to this fabulous thread.....

my hair history is an odd one... I have super kinky curly hair and so i can only do so much.... i've had every shade of red possible ithink..... here are pics of some[LOTS OF PIX!!]:
more of a brownish i didn't like this one much, it only lasted a month....prom...

yet another dance...homecoming i think...
please excuse this face... i call it the monkey...
this one's my favorite

dark cherry red with black low-lights

Here's my hair now:

And some ideas of what iwant it to look like by the end of the month:

my hair isn't as exotic and punky as everyone elses but it will be VERY soon...... here's the woldest hair i've ever had.... it was for a hair show....
i thought it was too wild and it was glued to my hair so i tried to straghten it........

it didn't look much better and i had to go to school the next day... so i took it out and half of my real hair came out with it.....

hope you like....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2773 on: July 17, 2006 08:13:19 AM »

i love your hair in the last pic, pinky
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2774 on: July 17, 2006 10:46:13 AM »

I actually love the grey/white/blond strip that a lot of people have in their hair. I guess people can be born with it or it can come from shock or something like that. I wish I had one, they're cool. I wonder if a hairstylist or I could bleach it that way without frying that section (I bleached my ends once, when it was longer and killed them)

Yeah, it can be done if the stylist knows what they are doing. Part of the reason your ends were probably really fried before is because ends of hair are always a little more damaged (and split) than the rest of your hair, so that is kind of a given. Unless you get a really fresh trim and then bleach the ends, they are gonna look pretty scraggly. But you can definitely get a grey/white/blonde strip. Turning it grey would be really easy, just have them bleach it out and then tone it to a grey color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
cantus

Music grows in the rose

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: July 17, 2006 12:25:52 PM »

The one of the prettiest girls I know has always had gray whisps in her hair. They are silver-y and tiny. The rest of her hair is naturally black, so it looks like spider silk. You don't always catch it if the light is wrong. I wish more girls had that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleedingfingers
« Reply #2776 on: July 17, 2006 05:20:25 PM »

i love your hair in this picture...i think that's how i want my hair, or at least the bangs part. is it hard to style?  what would i need as far as equipment and gels, etc. etc?

Just to clarify: it's not me  Smiley I actually just wanted to know how to style my hair like that  Grin
 This is how I kind of udnerstand it. Just straighten it and flip under very, very SLIGHTLY! Oh yeah, put in mousse before. It adds volume and prevevnts burning. You will probably have to have really fine hair to get that exact look. Other than that, I have no clue!
 Sorry that everyone thinks its me  Embarrassed

Aww, that's ok! lol...thanks for the advice just the same. if i do decide to have my hair done like that, i'll let you know about styling, and how mine turned out overall. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #2777 on: July 17, 2006 06:42:05 PM »

I actually love the grey/white/blond strip that a lot of people have in their hair. I guess people can be born with it or it can come from shock or something like that. I wish I had one, they're cool. I wonder if a hairstylist or I could bleach it that way without frying that section (I bleached my ends once, when it was longer and killed them)

Yeah, it can be done if the stylist knows what they are doing. Part of the reason your ends were probably really fried before is because ends of hair are always a little more damaged (and split) than the rest of your hair, so that is kind of a given. Unless you get a really fresh trim and then bleach the ends, they are gonna look pretty scraggly. But you can definitely get a grey/white/blonde strip. Turning it grey would be really easy, just have them bleach it out and then tone it to a grey color.

I think I would have them just bleach it, then I can make it whatever color I want for a while. I tend to like having a colorful strip right in the front. I've only dyed my whole head twice, and that was with henna and with color pulse iced coffee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
KeenKitty
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2778 on: July 18, 2006 09:24:42 AM »

hah!  I have grey in my black hair by nature.

People are always shocked to see I have grey hair!

Like "Your so YOUNG how can you have so much GRAY!"

I could care less I used to cover it , now I don't care.

~KnKttY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #2779 on: July 18, 2006 09:40:52 AM »

I've been looking for grey hairdye since forever, but can't find it anywhere, only temporary dye. Instead, I'm going to buy some grey wool and felt some fake dreadlocks. I still need to do this though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 393 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cornbread and Pinto Beans Recipe
Cabernet Steak Sauce Recipe
Grilled Cabernet Tenderloin Recipe
Holiday Recipe Substitutions
Cooking Dinner with Leftovers with Chef Robin Miller
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...