A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 509512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2770 on: July 17, 2006 08:13:19 AM »

i love your hair in the last pic, pinky
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2771 on: July 17, 2006 10:46:13 AM »

I actually love the grey/white/blond strip that a lot of people have in their hair. I guess people can be born with it or it can come from shock or something like that. I wish I had one, they're cool. I wonder if a hairstylist or I could bleach it that way without frying that section (I bleached my ends once, when it was longer and killed them)

Yeah, it can be done if the stylist knows what they are doing. Part of the reason your ends were probably really fried before is because ends of hair are always a little more damaged (and split) than the rest of your hair, so that is kind of a given. Unless you get a really fresh trim and then bleach the ends, they are gonna look pretty scraggly. But you can definitely get a grey/white/blonde strip. Turning it grey would be really easy, just have them bleach it out and then tone it to a grey color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
cantus

Music grows in the rose

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 17, 2006 12:25:52 PM »

The one of the prettiest girls I know has always had gray whisps in her hair. They are silver-y and tiny. The rest of her hair is naturally black, so it looks like spider silk. You don't always catch it if the light is wrong. I wish more girls had that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleedingfingers
« Reply #2773 on: July 17, 2006 05:20:25 PM »

i love your hair in this picture...i think that's how i want my hair, or at least the bangs part. is it hard to style?  what would i need as far as equipment and gels, etc. etc?

Just to clarify: it's not me  Smiley I actually just wanted to know how to style my hair like that  Grin
 This is how I kind of udnerstand it. Just straighten it and flip under very, very SLIGHTLY! Oh yeah, put in mousse before. It adds volume and prevevnts burning. You will probably have to have really fine hair to get that exact look. Other than that, I have no clue!
 Sorry that everyone thinks its me  Embarrassed

Aww, that's ok! lol...thanks for the advice just the same. if i do decide to have my hair done like that, i'll let you know about styling, and how mine turned out overall. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #2774 on: July 17, 2006 06:42:05 PM »

I actually love the grey/white/blond strip that a lot of people have in their hair. I guess people can be born with it or it can come from shock or something like that. I wish I had one, they're cool. I wonder if a hairstylist or I could bleach it that way without frying that section (I bleached my ends once, when it was longer and killed them)

Yeah, it can be done if the stylist knows what they are doing. Part of the reason your ends were probably really fried before is because ends of hair are always a little more damaged (and split) than the rest of your hair, so that is kind of a given. Unless you get a really fresh trim and then bleach the ends, they are gonna look pretty scraggly. But you can definitely get a grey/white/blonde strip. Turning it grey would be really easy, just have them bleach it out and then tone it to a grey color.

I think I would have them just bleach it, then I can make it whatever color I want for a while. I tend to like having a colorful strip right in the front. I've only dyed my whole head twice, and that was with henna and with color pulse iced coffee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
KeenKitty
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2775 on: July 18, 2006 09:24:42 AM »

hah!  I have grey in my black hair by nature.

People are always shocked to see I have grey hair!

Like "Your so YOUNG how can you have so much GRAY!"

I could care less I used to cover it , now I don't care.

~KnKttY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #2776 on: July 18, 2006 09:40:52 AM »

I've been looking for grey hairdye since forever, but can't find it anywhere, only temporary dye. Instead, I'm going to buy some grey wool and felt some fake dreadlocks. I still need to do this though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: July 18, 2006 11:38:38 AM »

i know! i've always wanted a grey/silver streak. Whenever Im at the hairdress and there are middle aged suburban moms sitting next to me complaining about grey hair it always pisses me off. grey is not a bad thing. and im honestly not sure whether they think so or not because, oftentimes, ladies will use topics like this just to keep up a conversation. like the weather. or school on the weekends. These people are talking a lot, but they're not saying anything. I hate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2778 on: July 18, 2006 11:51:11 AM »

I think grey hair can look really cool.  I had a few strands start to appear about the time I was finishing up high school...ever so slowly I'm getting more and more of them.  I like my sparkly silver strands!

My mum likes to pick on me for them, but it's good-natured teasing since she started going grey at thirteen...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubberDuckys
« Reply #2779 on: July 18, 2006 06:52:13 PM »

I posted on page 274 I am REALLY pale with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes...and I just today used black Color Flirt on the underneath of my hair and it looks GREAT! I will post a picture later.

I have my natural color on  top and it "fades" to black at the bottom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Simply Strano
www.strano.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Power of Gesture Through a Portrait
How to Use Neutral Density to Imply Motion
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
How to Use Distortion to your Advantage
How to Light a Macro Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...