A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 489336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raining_dreams
« Reply #2700 on: July 12, 2006 06:55:22 PM »

Just thought I would share my favorite hair style community thing:

http://community.livejournal.com/madradhair/?

I also need some help, yet again  Roll Eyes Anyway, so I cut my hair just a bit and the length is better in the back. I want to get the front to look like this:

Is it yet another straightening thing? I have a few layers in front I am growing out, so a lot of times it jsut poofs. Any tips?

Writeforme: My sister used that in her hair and it works pretty well. I would do a small section in front. Kind of in the part after your bangs. If that makes sense  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Street lights dance and street lights sing
Someone cut the oxygen and took a message to the king
Announcing that he wasn't royalty
blog
vegan food blog
freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 12, 2006 10:01:52 PM »

AHH post above, I love your hair and your andy warhol bag!!! My skin color is too dark to do anything like that color. It's even hard to find a nice color nail polish with my ever  tanning skin ( i work at the pool)
Anywho, I needed a change, so I made it. Yesterday I got a brand new haircut bleach job. I've shown some of these pics before, but I want to go cronologically so:
When I was little (er), to show the BANGS...eep:

Then a little more managable:

Then about 3 months ago (long), I never wore it down cuz I hated it:

Then, short mohawk:

Then as of yesterday! Please dont mind the blearyness of my face, it's seven in the morning and I'm of to work (at the pool) to break it to my boss (turn your head sideways for this one, I couldnt get it to flip over...:

then the side, so you can see the shooting star, there's a third shoot, but it's not visible in this picture as it's higher on my head and my mom who took the photo is only 5'2" to my 5'6":

My boss took it a lot better then my mother, who was in boston when I got it cut... I love it, although i think I'll go without the bleached bangs next time- i think it's a bit too severe...
As for the 3 buzz, I'm thinking it's a little short...manly, you know. I've forever been boyfriend/date/kiss/etc-less so I dont know if the short hair cut is just adding to my conundrum and non-existant love life. What do you think? I really like my hair and obviously am not going to change it to please and guy, but it would be interesting to know. I wonder if it intimadates or is wrong as in a guy wants a woman/GIRL, not just a girl... I dont know if I'm expressing myself fluently anymore, BUT enjoy the little pictures...haha. There's loads, I know Smiley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006 11:21:45 PM by freakigreeniiz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Senora Muertos

Viva Dia de los Muertos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2702 on: July 12, 2006 10:14:32 PM »

I love the shooting star!  You are a beautiful and I think you just haven't met or been introduced to the right guy yet.  If they won't take you as your are you don't need them!  And yes, some men are turned off by a strong, independent woman.  But, you wouldn't want to compromise yourself for anyone.  My hubby love me as I am and I love him as is (he could do more household chores though).  Just hang in there!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTFBWY!
You can never have enough glitter!
raining_dreams
« Reply #2703 on: July 12, 2006 10:41:36 PM »

AHH post above, I love your hair and your andy warhol bag!!!

oops, thats not me. i wish it was, shes so pretty  Cheesy i was just trying to figure out the style  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog
vegan food blog
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 12, 2006 10:46:15 PM »

freakigreeniiz - really awesome!!! i know a guy that did the star thing to his shaved head! looks better on you though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
raining_dreams
« Reply #2705 on: July 12, 2006 11:06:32 PM »

As for the 3 buzz, I'm thinking it's a little short...manly, you know. I've forever been boyfriend/date/kiss/etc-less so I dont know if the short hair cut is just adding to my conundrum and non-existant love life. What do you think? I really like my hair and obviously am not going to change it to please and guy, but it would be interesting to know. I wonder if it intimadates or is wrong as in a guy wants a woman/GIRL, not just a girl... I dont know if I'm expressing myself fluently anymore, BUT enjoy the little pictures...haha. There's loads, I know Smiley

Girl, if a guy can't except you the way you are, then he doesnt deserve you! Be yourself and someday a man will come along who loves how original you are. Besides, it's best to be complete before the guy, not after  Smiley
 I do understand hwo you feel. A lot of times I scare guys, but honestly they are better as friends then as bf's.
 On to the hair. I love your hair! Especially the new cut with the star. And you are amazingly pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog
vegan food blog
Strangel

She totally confused all the passing piranhas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2706 on: July 12, 2006 11:42:22 PM »

freakigreeniiz you are absolutely gorgeous! that cut looks amazing on you!  i had a short mohawk once and i didn't look anywhere close to as good as you do!  plus the shooting star is super cute! Oh and just for the record boys suck. and its very likely that they are intimidated, but not because of being boyish or anything, but because your so freekin adorable!

okay well im creeping you out by now for sure
haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes he calls me Al.
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: July 12, 2006 11:43:46 PM »

Freakigreeniiz, I love your hair! I used to have my hair really short, and I agree with raining_dreams about a guy accepting you the way you are, but I also have experience with VERY short hair. During that time, many many people thought I was a lesbian, I didn't know they thought that until afterward (except for a few people and a friend's uncle who called me "butch" - very rude, even if I was a lesbian.) I dressed in camo, combat boots, a leather jacket, and black shirts mostly, and I even dressed in sandals, button- downs, and white shirts sometimes, so looking back, I guess I can't blame them for assuming. I don't even resemble a male in the face (and neither do you!) but people just assume crap anyway because of the setup of society through media and magazines and whatnot.

I am not a lesbian, by any means. Having short hair probably detered the guy I liked from me, but I knew him for a while before that so we were already friends and talking to him, I hung out with him a lot more, and it didn't matter after a while. Actually 2 other guys had a crush on me, but they got to know me while I had the hair, instead of just standing at a distance. I also talked about what I liked in a guy around them, so I bet that helped.

So, I guess the best advice I can give when it comes to that, is to get to know people first, and they'll know the real you without caring what you look like. Sadly, usually us unique ones have to push through that barrier because of the conclusions people jump to when something's out of the norm.

Oh yeah! Not to mention, any girl with mucho confidence intimidates the male species, but eventually, if you're ballsy enough, you can get the guy Wink I found that out the hard way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
KeenKitty
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2708 on: July 13, 2006 09:13:55 AM »

If a guy won't like you because of your hair he isn't worth his weight in shit.

My boyfriend met me when I was 200 pounds, hair almost buzz cut and I was DRUNK.

Now I am 156, hair down past my shoulders, and straight edge.

And we are getting married, so you never know kid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Babizzle
I am SmurfPop!

YOU/USED T O _B E A_LR IGHT

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2709 on: July 13, 2006 09:20:40 AM »

If a guy won't like you because of your hair he isn't worth his weight in shit.

My boyfriend met me when I was 200 pounds, hair almost buzz cut and I was DRUNK.

Now I am 156, hair down past my shoulders, and straight edge.

And we are getting married, so you never know kid!
Wow! Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Layer Mask in Photoshop
Rooftopping Is Latest Photo Craze
How to Color Correct Photos in Camera Raw
On Vs. Off Camera Flash
How to Build a Home Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...