A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 509255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tovi

spread kisses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: October 11, 2005 11:38:23 AM »

OOO Shocked I love your hair tovi!! i want to do this with my hair!

Tovi i am looking at the pics of your hair and is dying to know how you got your hair like that!

The red color looks really good on you tovi!  I think it brings out your skin and makes you look brighter.  I'm guessing those are straw curls, right?

Wow, those curls are so perfect they almost look like dreads. I dig the red.

Those curls are fantastic! How did you do it? a Perm?

it is very yucki to say
but i was soo tierd last night
and didnt wash my hair...
nor tonight..soon to be...yes i know i said its YUCK!!!
but i prommised you guys a picture tutorial and i must keep my promiss!
itll just take a short time
2 days max
untill ill decide to cleane my hair.. Grin Grin
(i get cheap on cleaning it because its loosing the red every wash..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewing is the new shopping!
Zombie_Teeth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bike Punk

X VEGAN X

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #971 on: October 11, 2005 02:53:26 PM »

I think I speak for many craftsters that not washing your hair for two days isn't yucky. I wash mine every week and a half or so! My hair doesn't get greasy and it saves hair dye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey guys,
Sorry about all the old broken picture posts. I no longer have the files!

darkdiva
« Reply #972 on: October 11, 2005 02:57:41 PM »

I think I speak for many craftsters that not washing your hair for two days isn't yucky. I wash mine every week and a half or so! My hair doesn't get greasy and it saves hair dye.

Yep I wash my hair twice a week to keep the red super bright. Don't think it's yucky at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fruithead
« Reply #973 on: October 11, 2005 03:24:03 PM »

i wish i only had to wash my hair twice a week! if i wash it in the morning it only lasts until about noon the next day before getting a little greasy. plus, i always wake up with awful bedhead (not good bedhead, some bedhead can look great). zombie teeth, darkdiva, do just wake up with your hair looking good?

oh and zombie teeth, i wanted to ask you, what kind of texture is your hair? just curious, it's hard to tell in the pics but i love your cut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zombie_Teeth

Bike Punk

X VEGAN X

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #974 on: October 11, 2005 04:20:29 PM »

i wish i only had to wash my hair twice a week! if i wash it in the morning it only lasts until about noon the next day before getting a little greasy. plus, i always wake up with awful bedhead (not good bedhead, some bedhead can look great). zombie teeth, darkdiva, do just wake up with your hair looking good?

oh and zombie teeth, i wanted to ask you, what kind of texture is your hair? just curious, it's hard to tell in the pics but i love your cut.

It's a little dry because of the bleaching it's had, but it's mostly healthy. Also, my hair does not look good when I wake up most times. That's why I straighten it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey guys,
Sorry about all the old broken picture posts. I no longer have the files!

Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: October 11, 2005 04:47:42 PM »

Agreed. I only wash my hair once a week. I don't condition either. Sometimes I go once every two weeks. Shampoo and conditioner every day make your oil glands go into overdrive... which is why when you skip a day of shampooing, it feels greasy. If you regulate your shampooing to once a week, eventually your oil glands will get back to normal speed and your hair most definately won't feel greasy. Mine never looks or feels greasy. Neither does my dreaded boyfriend's hair... and before he got dreads his hair would be greasy by the end of the day. So that meant he would shampoo twice a day. None of that greasiness now that he only washes once a week.

Also on another note... I DYED MY DREADS BLONDE! Wooo! This all happened 2 weeks ago. I need to post some pictures... I'll add them sometime.

And on yet another note... I guess this would be the right thread for this... I koolaidafied my cat. She is now a pink fured feline. She loves the extra attention this brings her. Damn cat... she knows she's hot. Anywho... it was supposed to be dark purple, but it turned out to be a pinkish purplish color. 

(this picture shows the actual color very well - it's kind of purple)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
Morning Star

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: October 11, 2005 04:52:41 PM »

very pretty cat!!

my sister only washes her (very long) hair once a week, but her hair gets SO SO SO greasy it's disgusting. her whole head is oily and gross. and it smells. i can go a few days without washing it, but thats usually only when i straighten it.
she says when she washes it, it takes her an hour. (and, i think she only uses conditioner when she does wash it)
there's no way, with her hair, it takes an hour just to wash it. i've had really long hair before. there's no way.

one time she "washed" it, and then asked me if i'd straighten it for her. i'm thinking, 'ok, she just washed it, i'll do it.'

it smelled so awful, and my hands were so oily when i was done. when i washed them, she's like, 'oh, did my conditioner get on your hands?'
 Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: October 11, 2005 05:04:48 PM »

Maybe she's over-conditionning and not rinsing properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
kousagi
« Reply #978 on: October 11, 2005 05:57:18 PM »

ooo...and then everyone could make neat things for their new hair, like decorate bobby pins, twisties, etc.

that's a cool idea, I think I'm going to post it as a seperate topic and see if anyone is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Once upon a time...
scissorchic
« Reply #979 on: October 11, 2005 07:37:09 PM »

Hey redheads!!! 

I was wondering if anyone has tried red conditioner.  Not the kind from the grocery store but the kind you can buy at salons.  It is actually red and will stain your hands when you use it if you don't wear gloves but using it every other time you wash your hair really keeps the red in.  They also make violet, gold, copper, and brunette.  I highly suggest it.  Biolodge and faruok make really awesome ones that I keep at the salon to freshen up my clients color everytime they get a haircut.  The longer you leave it in the more it will deposit.  I use a lavender one on my platinum blonde to keep it from turning yellow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Shooting Animation - Sprite Sheets
How to Create a File Structure for Solar System Scene - Photoshop
How to Create an Orb Planet - Photoshop
How to Create a Gas Planet - Photoshop
How to Create a Grilled Planet - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...