A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 492721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: April 07, 2007 10:13:53 AM »

Craftinator, I will have to try that. Thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: April 07, 2007 12:57:08 PM »

Anyone know some quick hairdos that take less than 10 minutes to do. Usually I'm in a rush to go to school and I want something other than a ponytail or leaving it down. In case this helps, my hair is thin, straight, and a little bit below shoulder-length...it's kind of like armpit-length. Any ideas would be appreciated.  Smiley

Well, it's not all the different from a ponytail, but I always think putting it up in a clip looks nice.  You can either spike the ends out of the top of the clip, or do it when your hair is wet and smooth them down so it's kind of a waterfall.  I recommend an octopus clip, about $2.

I don't really understand that. Do you have any picture examples? Or can anyone explain better if they get it? I'm interested because I have similar hair. Thanks.

Sorry, that was rather confusing.  Fortunately, I did my hair like that today.  Unfortunately, all I have is my camera phone.

it looks cuter from the back, and when I'm more inclinded to make myself pretty.  I just gathered my hair in a low ponytail, then twisted it up and clipped.  My hair was still damp, so I smoothed it over the clip so it hangs down nicely.  To spike it, I do the same thing, but twist my hair around twice (in a bun-like way) making sure the ends are at the top.  Clip with a larger clip, and put a bit of wax or gel at the ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenille
« Reply #3882 on: April 07, 2007 02:01:52 PM »

I just gathered my hair in a low ponytail, then twisted it up and clipped. 

That's one of my favorite things to do with my hair when it's long enough. It's simple and it has the added effect of looking classy when you have the right clip.  Smiley

Anyway, here's some picks of my hair. It's normally an afro, but sometimes I get it straightened. Currently it's in micro braids. They take forever to get done, but they're very low maintenance.
Here's the natural state. I love it like this cause it's easy and very me.

And this is what it looks like after I have someone take a pressing comb and curling iron to it. God forbid it gets wet when it's like this. When that happens, back to the fro I go! lol.

And this is what it looks like now. It took 13 hours. and that's not including meals and the 4hour nap we took during. Smiley anyway. It takes a long time, but it's worth it because I can leave it like this for a minimum of 2 months. I can also wash it like I normally would.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
ellie.henry
« Reply #3883 on: April 07, 2007 02:57:01 PM »

I loved using pressing combs in school! I deffinatly want to have a shop  where I can offer it! I won my african american hair design competition with micro braids also! so classy but really low maintence!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3884 on: April 07, 2007 04:07:00 PM »

wow tenille--you look like a different person in each pic!  How fun to change your hair in so many different ways!!  You look wonderful in any of them, but I love the last shot--very funky, wild and sexy! And it goes with your beautiful smile!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ryepie
« Reply #3885 on: April 07, 2007 04:51:19 PM »

well, i started dreading my hair last week, and here are a few pictures from that. i'll try and take some better ones later, they are looking quite a bit better than last week!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3886 on: April 08, 2007 12:15:24 AM »

when your dreadies get a little older a really fun thing is to add snaps to your hair so that instead of getting a elastic you can just snap your deadies together to hold them back... best trick ever...

love them by the way. they are going to look fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirtyprettythings
beauty is more vibrant when found pressed in the mud

View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 08, 2007 10:49:59 AM »

this is how it ended up, yay it's short again!:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

what is your inspiration?
ryepie
« Reply #3888 on: April 08, 2007 11:44:36 AM »

here's some more recent pictures! 8 days old Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007 01:54:09 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #3889 on: April 08, 2007 01:14:49 PM »

^Looking great for 8 days!

Did you know there's a whole topic dedicated to dreads: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3992.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Manga Drawing Techniques
How to Develop Your Own Manga Characters
How to Draw a Manga Head Shape and Facial Features
ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest
How to Use a Palette Knife
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...