A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 501900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #3240 on: November 01, 2006 02:37:01 PM »

I'm also looking for at-home color advice. I've heard that Revlon Colorsilk works wonders, but I really don't know. My hair is all natural- straight as a stick and coarse. I think color would help the coarse-ness a bit. I'm also looking for something new- I have never colored my hair, with the exception of highlights once, and they were awful.

I'm undecided- a lighter brown or a dark redish brown (from a medium brown)

Any advice?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
indieanajess
« Reply #3241 on: November 01, 2006 02:41:50 PM »

I'm also looking for at-home color advice. I've heard that Revlon Colorsilk works wonders, but I really don't know. My hair is all natural- straight as a stick and coarse. I think color would help the coarse-ness a bit. I'm also looking for something new- I have never colored my hair, with the exception of highlights once, and they were awful.

Any advice?

I use Garnier dye. Their conditioner works really well and should help soften it. Maybe? Personally speaking, I try and use that when I can. Plus, it's fairly cheap!  Cheesy As for the color....I've only ever dyed my hair darker myself. Since you're not bleaching it, I really have no idea. I tried to dye my hair brown from blonde and it went red! It worked out, but I guess that's proof that hair dye can be unpredictable. This is probably not much help. Sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3242 on: November 02, 2006 11:25:49 AM »

Nelly and Mayerlove -

I'm not exactly sure what colors are best but I know that Feria SUCKS.  I wouldn't recommend it. 

I've only used nice n easy for "normal" color in a long time so I don't remember my experiences with any other brand...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3243 on: November 02, 2006 11:52:15 AM »

feria did suck the first time I dyed my hair with it, but I had completely virgin hair. The next time I dyed it the same color (black) it stuck really well. My hair is fine, but I have alot of it, so it took me 2 boxes both times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3244 on: November 02, 2006 11:54:29 AM »

I've had good experiences with Hydrience, bad experiences with Feria, and HORRIBLE experiences with "blondissimo" which I haven't seen in a while...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
jezebel7383
« Reply #3245 on: November 02, 2006 12:09:01 PM »

Don't know if it's true, but I've always heard that Feria sucks so bad because it's actually made from textile dye. Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indieanajess
« Reply #3246 on: November 02, 2006 01:35:27 PM »

Feria's what I used the first time and my hair turned out a splotchy pink (dying from blonde to brown). But after I dyed it again with a reddish brown (Feria again), it turned out fine. So I guess if you want good results the first time....don't use Feria! But afterwards, it works fine.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006 02:18:22 PM by indieanajess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
Mezzi
Almost Cool

Use your *imagination*

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 02, 2006 02:05:56 PM »

Any advice?

I use Garnier dye. Their conditioner works really well and should help soften it. Maybe? Personally speaking, I try and use that when I can. Plus, it's fairly cheap!  Cheesy As for the color....I've only ever dyed my hair darker myself. Since you're not bleaching it, I really have no idea. I tried to dye my hair brown from blonde and it went red! It worked out, but I guess that's proof that hair dye can be unpredictable. This is probably not much help. Sorry!

I second garnier. I've been using 100% color for a while now, and it's great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #3248 on: November 02, 2006 03:57:14 PM »

Thanks for all your imput!!! Smiley It's much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
graciedoo
« Reply #3249 on: November 04, 2006 09:42:25 AM »

This Halloween was my brother's last before he goes to college.His costume was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He normally has dark brown hair, so he got it bleached for the occasion.

He went to school in full costume and read one of Spike's terrible poems.

Vampire-with-a-soul stare! Or just a geeky kid trying to look frightening.

One girl thought that he was Lucius Malfoy.  Cheesy

His hair was bleached at a salon. He might keep it this color, but doesn't want to pay to get it done professionally again. Does anyone have suggestions for a good, at-home bleach?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Resilience Book Trailer
R. Kayeen Thomas Performs a Rap Song from the Novel Antebellum
R. Kayeen Thomas Reveals His Novel Antebellum
David Gelernter on Mirror Worlds: Space, Time, and the Internet
Actor John Challis Recounts Being Boycie at Althorp Literary Festival
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...