A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 509554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feedthesquirrels
« Reply #1470 on: January 16, 2006 10:19:08 AM »

oh man! that color is wonderful! is it two-tone on purpose, or just a happy accident?

it was definitely an accident. the red I had before hadn't totally faded out in some parts of my hair, but I couldn't wait.

and yes...it changes colors in the light like that weird irridescent car paint you see sometimes. the middle part where the red is showing through goes from looking black to burgundy to purple depending on the light.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my sewing adventures at http://shonastitches.blogspot.com
bag_lady
« Reply #1471 on: January 16, 2006 10:23:28 AM »

imjusmee:  you look very familiar and so does your boy.  where are you from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roethke
Tutorial Contributor

I work with toxins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1472 on: January 16, 2006 11:04:48 AM »

oh man! that color is wonderful! is it two-tone on purpose, or just a happy accident?

it was definitely an accident. the red I had before hadn't totally faded out in some parts of my hair, but I couldn't wait.

and yes...it changes colors in the light like that weird irridescent car paint you see sometimes. the middle part where the red is showing through goes from looking black to burgundy to purple depending on the light.
You can get grey dye at Asian groceries.  It's intended to work on black hair, but it worked when I used it on my light brown hair. 

And your hair is awesome.  I love two-tone hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kidkoala
« Reply #1473 on: January 16, 2006 12:25:21 PM »

electricfix, your hair is so fantastic! I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 16, 2006 03:36:54 PM »

I got my grey from sallys beauty supply.  I got two different tones.  I pearly something or other and a darker one, it developed pretty well on my hair, which was unbleached.  I think I used 40v developer.  A lot of my nautural red showed through until I dyed it again, but then it was good to go.  By the way, I actually have really thick hair..it's just the cut and the style...I have learned to manage it.
-Thanks for all the comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1475 on: January 16, 2006 05:14:15 PM »

Gasp, so I definitely read on and off today for a few hours until I covered all 150 pages of this thing. PHEW! I am in love with so many of ya'lls hairstyles (I'm not anything near a native Southerner, but I live in VA, so I'll say ya'll if I want xD). I especially love the white-blond ones, the short dark ones with brightness peeking out, and the rainbow bangs + streaks that a couple of you have sported! Amazing!

I've considered dyeing my hair sooooooooo many times, but I really don't want to risk it. It's long and black (though dark brown toward the bottom half..not sleek and jet black like most Asian hair) and down to my waist, and I think I heart it just the way it is. Plus, I have so many split ends that I believe bleach would be the last straw  Grin

Here's a crappy photo..it's from a few months ago~

Since then, it's gotten a few inches longer + I've cut my bangs again. I had them all through 8th grade, grew them out for 9th, and couldn't resist re-cutting them this year. I <3 them!

&here's it all together (excuse the blurriness...it was mainly to show off my incredible dress steal)~

Nothing so wild...but I love it! Sometimes I do wish I could get the courage to dye it something crazy, but I doubt I ever will ^^

<3
-Tessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
evilduckie
« Reply #1476 on: January 16, 2006 06:09:45 PM »

you guys have awesome hair. my boyfriend has an amazing afro. it's a bit longer than a foot and it's extremely soft. i love it so much. just thought i'd share this. i might try to post a picture of it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby House
imjusmee
« Reply #1477 on: January 16, 2006 06:22:15 PM »

were from California. the bay area to be exact Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your <b>peace</b> of mind.
killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1478 on: January 17, 2006 03:55:14 AM »

I don't care about mcdonalds anymore! I just had the luckiest day of my entire life. I went to the hairdressers and asked about getting my hair done debra harry style. 200 bucks! no way so I just got it cut. leaving saddened at not leaving with multi-coloured hair I wandered into the local chemist FUDGE PAINTBOX 4.95!! in yellow and lime green (dream hair colours) won't be able to dye it til I get a better job. I went to look at it and my sister stole it from my handbag and hid it so that I wouldn't dye it. bitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
bag_lady
« Reply #1479 on: January 17, 2006 08:17:01 AM »

were from California. the bay area to be exact Smiley

well, i guess i don't know you, i live on the oter side of the country, in ohio.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are Robots The Key To Battling Hair Loss?
Celebrity Horror Hairstyles
Pixie Perfect Celebrity Haircuts
How To Make Your Blowout Last Longer
Try Hair Gloss For Shiny Locks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...