A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: digital/photoshop crow image  (Read 752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatbysRevolver

I love you now. Isn't that enough?

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2009 10:35:54 AM »

I have been working on this image for awhile. I have a digital camera now and photoshop so I can't bear to delete any photos seeing as I can "repair" even the worst photos. Something feels off though. If anyone has any suggestions as to what the image needs I would love some input. I was thinking about putting a profile of a crow in the center. oh yea, and the text is definitions of crows and such. It's meant to be a poster size image thus the itty bitty text. enjoy:)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spiffyhink
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009 06:20:58 PM »

It's a very pretty collage (I like the colors a lot), but it looks as if it's lacking something. I can't read the text exactly, but one thing I like to do is take the most important part of it and re-type it at the bottom (I do it in the lower right-hand corner), but make it bigger, in a font that matches the style of the collage (not the same one as the top; something ornate). It pulls the eye to the gist of the piece and makes it feel more complete.

Erm, I hope that makes sense? I can see it in my head pretty well but I don't think it translates...
I like it though! Have you been working with photoshop long?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatbysRevolver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009 12:48:11 PM »

the text is super tiny right now but im hoping when its blown up to poster size its much easier to read. I was thinking it needed more text though anyways. I get what ya mean btw;) I took a class in college but that was several years ago. I try to play around on photo shop as much as i can but its hard because my infant son seems to think the lap top is his personal toy lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spiffyhink
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009 01:38:09 PM »

Ok, good I thought it was too vague. Playing with photoshop is quite fun, though my own little one won't arrive for about a month so I have a little while to play before I have to deal with competition for my laptop!

Looks like it'll make a neat poster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatbysRevolver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009 11:00:20 AM »

aww congrats on the lil one ariving soon! You will soon learn that nap time is prime time to get stuff done. When they are bitty though take a nap when they do or you will run yourself ragged right quick. I need to find a new place i trust to get the image printed to the poster size. I think itll be easier to edit that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spiffyhink
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009 11:09:48 AM »

Thank you! Yes I figure I'll have to take a couple months break from my art pretty much completely right after it's born, or I'll find myself too exhausted to do anything. After that, though, hopefully I'll be able to throw myself back into it...we'll see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatbysRevolver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009 01:12:11 PM »

Once they get old enough to occupy themselves it's easier. that's what ppl keep telling me anywhoo lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shaheen Wirk on What Performing Artists Teach About Preparation
Matt Ruby on Taking Comedy Skills Beyond Just Being Funny
Blending Artistic and Financial Goals in a Creative Career
Shepard Fairey Talks Obey Collab and Getting Arrested 16 Times
In The Name Of Art - Does Artistic Vision Justify Cruelty?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...