A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,646
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Friendship Granny Square Swap R13 (May) (signups 4/29-5/8, sendouts 6/1)  (Read 4647 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« on: April 29, 2009 07:04:54 AM »

gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=305007.0

CROCHETERS, KNITTERS & LOOMERS WELCOME!!!

Swap name: Friendship Granny Square Swap R13 (May)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: indigo_roses
Sign-up date range:  4/29/09 - 5/8/09
Date to send items by: 6/1/09

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 18!)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

I reserve the right to refuse any member who has bad communication and/or late send-outs for previous swaps!  

DETAILS OF SWAP:

This is an ongoing swap, but you only sign up for the months that you want to participate.  

For this round, you will knit, crochet, or loom 4 8" granny squares for one partner.  The squares can be made in any pattern, but MUST be made in your partner's color preference.  You MUST use only 4-ply acrylic worsted weight yarn (Wool, alpaca, etc is not acceptable).  Just think.....it would not be good to have a mixture of wool and acrylic squares for your friendshipghan since wool is not machine washable:))  

The lovely Kookaloo_Starr pointed out that, in some countries, yarn weight is not labeled. Worsted weight yarn is classified as 12 wpi (wraps per inch). To find this, wrap the yarn snugly around a ruler. In a one inch span, you should wrap the yarn around 12 times.  Worsted weight yarn usually says to use an I-9 (US) hook, which is a 5.5 mm hook. This is typically the yarn used to make amigurumi. It's the typical Red Heart or Caron brand yarn.

The sendout date for this swap is always the last day of the month! For this round, that is May 31.

SWAP RULES:

1. Please put Friendshipghan R13 in all of your PM's.
2. Once partners have been assigned, you MUST post to this thread atleast once
a week.
3. You MUST provide a DC# if you and your partner both live in the USA.  If you live in another country you MUST keep the receipt and provide a copy to your partner and me if requested.
4. You MUST PM me when you send & receive. COMMUNICATION is the key:))  If you see that you're going to be late sending, you MUST PM both me and your partner and let us know what's going on.  We all understand that life does happen and sometimes things come up that are out of our control.  If an emergency arises that will prevent you from sending your squares on time, just keep in touch and let us know what's going on and everything will be just fine:))
5. You MUST post pictures of the squares you receive from your partner in the swap gallery.  If you will not be able to post pics, you need to make arrangements with your partner to post pics for you so we can all see the beautiful squares that everyone receives:))
6. If you have participated in previous rounds, your squares for those rounds must be sent before you sign up for the next round. They don't have to have been received by your partner yet, but you must have sent.

If you want to participate you must PM the following information to the organizer.  PLEASE....PLEASE... .PLEASE....for your protection and privacy DO NOT post this information to the thread.

Mulitple Partners
In round 10, I received a couple requests for having multiple partners. Now, there is a question added to the questionnaire to that effect. However, there are some ground rules about this. First of all, it is not a guarantee. It may just not work out organizationally with allergies, country-availability and the like to have two partners. Secondly, you must be in at least your second round of this swap to have two partners. I also reserve the right to limit you to one partner if you have a history of sending late it this swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of Swap: Friendship Granny Square Swap R13 (May)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you plan on knitting, crocheting or looming your granny squares?
Do you prefer to receive knitted, crocheted or loomed squares?
Do you promise to use ONLY acrylic 4-ply worsted weight yarn to make your squares?
What color(s) do you want for your squares?
Do you or anyone in your home smoke?
Is it ok if you are sent squares from a smoking home?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any pets?
Would you like to have one or two partners? If you would like two, you understand that this is not a guarantee, and verify that you have participated in at least one round of this swap previously?
What other information about yourself would you like to share with your partner?

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Partcipants -

1. indigo_roses
2. DesignVigilante
3. whisp3rd
4. imthecutest81
5. fochaux
6. Shablina
7. esmecraftin
8. sweetdandies
9. pinkleo
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 08:10:59 AM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
indigo_roses
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009 07:05:51 AM »

whisp3rd – fochaux
Shablina – imthecutest81
pinkleo – esmecraftin
sweetdandies – DesignVigilante
whisp3rd – indigo_roses
fochaux - sweetdandies
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 09:12:55 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009 02:35:44 AM »

Ooh, I haven't done this swap in a while...thinking thinking...

ETA: Haha, I checked and it was the first round, last May   Grin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009 02:36:47 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009 10:51:17 AM »

I'm in for my 6th round! I should be able to complete my afghan soon since I keep getting 2 partners Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009 02:40:17 PM »

Sweet! Yeah I need more, my poor little square are sitting in a pile all lonely like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
whisp3rd
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009 02:44:51 PM »

I'm in for my 6th. If I keep getting 2 partners I'll reach 108 squares in no time.
I did this mostly to destash and have a great blanket, and now I'm getting to the point that I may have to start buying other colors.

I have ALOT of donated acrylic yarn and in the last round I picked up some pink yarn that had a label on it still. My grandmother gave me this yarn and I saw it had the price tag on it still hanging on for dear life. It was that old. 50 CENTS! Wow. Red heart is like 3 dollars now lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009 03:39:47 PM »

This will be my 12th round. I've participated in every round except for the first, and started organizing during the 7th (I think, too lazy to check  Roll Eyes).I'm using my squares to make a lapghan, because I'm not patient enough to wait (and sew!) 108 squares together. I'm going to use 48, and make it 6x8 squares. After I get my squares from DesignVigilante from round 12, I should have enough to put together my blanket! Time for new colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

whisp3rd
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009 03:55:36 PM »

Hope that means you wont stop organizing this! You keep these going like clockwork!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009 04:08:42 PM »

Ok I just did an official count of my squares. I currently have 40 squares! And I need 100 to make an afghan to fit my king sized bed. Once I receive for round 12, i will have 46, so that will put me half way! Woot! I just hope i have two partners again this round. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
indigo_roses
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009 06:08:47 PM »

Hope that means you wont stop organizing this! You keep these going like clockwork!

No, it just means that I'll be starting a new lapghan to go with my other set of sheets! I'll be done with the green/brown, and on to the pink/orange/cream! Pretty much a total 180.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Thick Square Blanket Part 2/2
How to Crochet a Striped Blanket Method 2
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 2/5
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 3/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...