A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: newborn booties  (Read 3071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blossom1044
I want to make things - I want to get better! I must have patience with myself!

I'm a mum 1st, craftster 2nd & I hate working FT!

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2009 03:27:36 PM »

Ok tyhey aren't as great as some other creations, but I'm proud.  I've only been crochet since just before christmas.  My great niece was born recently (I'm only 34) and I wanted her to have warm feet.  so instead of sewing booties I crochet. 

I did all without a pattern, just used my sons old new born slippers as a guide.

here they are

thank you for the very nice comments.
I did kind of make the pattern up as I went along, but I'll try to remember.

start Chain 14 then single crochet in each chain.  when at the end do 4 single in the end chain, but instead of going back, go down the chain on the other side using single crochet.  when get to other end do 4 single crochet, then you have a long oval or straight. 
I then went along the crochet with single stitich in each till I got to the end (the 4 in the end chain on previous row).  This time to make it more oval I did 2 single stitich in each of the single 4 stitches which were in one chain loop in the row before. 
then went down the other side.  therefore this left me with a larger oval and two rows on the oval. 
I kept on doing this increasing end method on eah oval row until I felt it was big enough for newborn feet.  I had old slipper of son for guide.  Once you are happy with the size about 3-3 1/2 inches by 1 inch oval  = made the sole.
Then the next 2 rows/rounds I did not add any extra stitiches, so 1 single stich at a time.  the next row I dereased on the ends by only two at each oval end.  the next row I did not decrease.  The next row I decreased by 4 at each oval end.  next row I did not decrease and the next row I decreased by 4 again.
This is hard to explain as I am not a pattern person. bassically I was building a oval tiny basket about 3-31/2 inches long by 1 1/2 inch tall.  The basket sides go straight up.  I was decreasing on the oval ends and not the sides as this made it do what I wanted.  When I had enough height (I felled out my son's slipper to guide me. 

On the top I wanted enclosed, so I crochet 2/3 of way doen the top endge then hained stitched away from the top, but across to other side.  this made it look a little like a Mary Jane bootie.  Then I carried down the end inside the 2/3 top of bootie.  I kept going round till I got to chain again and crochet along this and down otherside.  I kept doing this till I got to the centre, then tied off.

the flower was 8 single chain in a magic loop. then treble crochet, then 2 chain, miss 2 stitches, then treble crochet,  repeat till back to begining and cast off.

attached flower to bootie on front using old vintage cordinating button found in stash.  I think button came from a old little girly outfit of mine.  only had two!

sorry about spelling etc .  typing quickly during lunch.

just ask for clarification
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009 06:18:52 AM by blossom1044 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love
T
narhloki
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009 06:40:05 PM »

Tooo sweet, great work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

earless owl
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009 07:30:33 PM »

They're so cute! :D

THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009 08:26:20 PM »

They are adorable and great job making up a pattern especially for not crocheting very long. They are so cute and will def keep her toesies warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009 03:28:29 PM »

Aww!  They are very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009 08:49:11 PM »

Ahw they are so cute. Did you write down the pattern? I would love to make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
blossom1044
I want to make things - I want to get better! I must have patience with myself!

I'm a mum 1st, craftster 2nd & I hate working FT!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009 06:20:17 AM »

thank you. I've tried to add tut onto main bit.  hope it makes sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love
T
craftymumto2
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009 09:49:32 AM »

Aww there adorable love the colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hottest Kid Trends of the Season
Top 5 Fashionable Winter Looks for Kids
KIds Products and Innovation News
Four Fall Fashions For Kids
Back-to-School Fashions Look Like 80s Flashback
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...