A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help - Dessert With Alcohol Recipes Needed  (Read 502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LTR450GirlOrl
« on: April 28, 2009 10:30:16 AM »

My friend is having a birthday this weekend and I'm wanting to make a dessert. I've made a few desserts for him and his friends in the past, all of which have contained alcohol. They're a bunch of drinkers so they think it's absolutely amazing to have a drink themed dessert, lol. The best part is that I havent had to bake any of the alcohol off, it gets added after baking, woohoo!!! So far I've made Margarita Cupcakes, Drunken Fruit Salad, and an AMAZING chocolate triffle with Kahlua soaked cake. I've been searching online for other recipes, but seem to be coming up empty handed. I figured I'd come here to the recipe experts and ask for some ideas Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 10:30:58 AM by LTR450GirlOrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
pinsNneedles
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009 10:54:56 AM »

I always add plenty of booze to my Christmas cakes, especially brandy or cherry brandy.  You could make a fruit cake loaf, or lots of mini fruitcakes, then feed them everyday until the weekend?  They won't be overly alcoholic, but they will be delicious.

You can also make icing by mixing icing sugar (I think it's confectioner's sugar in the US?) with vodka or liquor rather than water.  I've not tried it myself, but it sounds good.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 10:58:41 AM by pinsNneedles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009 01:09:57 PM »

That does sound good Smiley Thanks for the suggestion Smiley I was just told that I have free reign on the dessert, the birthday boy isn't craving anything inparticular. Seeing how I have been following a low carb diet for the last two months, I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone. I've been craving banana pudding for MONTHS so I'm thinking of making a banana pudding trifle. There's got to be a way to include some 99 Bananas or Banana Rum in that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moomin Bus Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009 02:17:19 PM »

You might already know about this one, but I thought I should mention it anyway...

I've seen the celebrity chef Jamie Oliver (I don't know if you know him, but he's kind of a big deal here in Britain) do a Vodka Water Melon on TV. I know it's not a proper baked dessert, but if your friends are impressed with booze related things then this is quite cool because they'll think it's just watermelon, but instead of containing mostly water it contains mostly codka!

I just googled "vodka melon", and I got the 'recipe':

1 large ripe watermelon
1 bottle of vodka

What to do: cut a hole in the top of the melon, wide & deep enough to wedge in a funnel tightly. Pour some vodka into the melon through the funnel: leave to sit for a day, then top up. Do this for a few days, keeping the melon chilled all the while until it is saturated with drink.

Slice, serve and grin.

There's also handy tips on Rachael's Fresh Approah Cooking:
http://freshcatering.blogspot.com/2005/05/vodka-spiked-watermelon-recipe.html

Someone on another website said he served it in a dessert bowl rather than in slices so that none of the liquid got wasted... You also need about a week to get a litre of vodka into a large melon, so you might have problems getting this done by the weekend, but I'm sure this can wait for a nice sunny summer's day, when they least expect it! Just remember to keep the melon in a cool place, so that it doesn't go bad.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009 02:20:35 PM »

That sounds yummy! I'll definately have to try it sometime this summer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009 05:14:14 AM »

Well, my banana trifle idea is no more Sad I was looking forward to that one, lol. I got a phone call last night and the special request is chocolate. So, I think I'm going to make the "Chocolate Covered Strawberry" cake I made for Easter. It was AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL, but I forgot to take a photo... I'll be sure to take pics this time. The only thing I'm thinking of adding is maybe soaking the cake with a bit of Tequila Rose. I'll post the recipe below, please let me know if you the TR will be a good addition or maybe just too much, lol. Thanks again!!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake

1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Can Strawberry Pie Filling
1 Tub of Cool Whip
1 Package Fresh Strawberries

Use 2 7in pans to bake the cake. Let them cool. While they are cooling, squeeze all the pie filling through a fine strainer. Seperate the liqued and the strawberry mash. Place one cake on a serving plate, then top with the Strawberry mash. Put the other cake on top. Mix the liqued from the pie filling into the Cool Whip, use this mixture to "frost" the cake. *I did a light coat of regular Cool Whip then froze it to act as a crumb coat, it worked great* Cut up strawberries and decorate the cake however you see fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SmellieKat
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009 11:54:19 PM »

There is Southern Comfort Cake, you migh have that one already.. But its super good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009 04:46:39 AM »

I dont have that one yet, but will definately be looking it up Smiley Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009 07:08:17 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156837.0

I used the resources mentioned in this post to make a pretty damn good irish whiskey coffee cake. We got drunk off the cake alone.

Also popular (and delicious) are Bourbon balls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Susan Fales-Hill Talks About One Flight Up
Josie Brown Talks About Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives
Susie Essman Talks About What Would Susie Say
All the World Book Trailer
Sensing Spirit Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...