A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap (SIGN-UPS Closed, Sendouts EXTENDED to July 13)  (Read 30787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2009 05:55:33 PM »

I am sending tomorrow. Sorry for the lateness. My family decided to stay an extra day and I forgot my camera and mailing box.  It'll be there in no time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2009 07:05:05 PM »

Aw, thanks buddies!  I feel a lot better today.  The headache started to creep back this afternoon but I took some Aleve and it went away.  Just the tail-end of it, I guess.  Yeah, the vision in one eye definitely makes it really difficult to do the corners of the binding.  Eek.  They aren't very visible, but I have definitely done nicer corners on previous quilts.  Luckily, they are the least prominent part of the whole thing and I am happy with how the rest of it turned out.  Cheesy

I've been getting migraines for well over a decade, and the older I've gotten, the less frequent they've become, but they still knock me out every time.  There really isn't any rhyme or reason to them, unfortunately.  I wish I could find a common link, but for all the years keeping a headache journal, it's done me no good in that respect.  I do appreciate the suggestions and the anecdotes, though!  It helps to know what others have tried so I can keep it in mind.

On a crafty front, I did finish up last night and shipped chrsdx's quilt this afternoon from work, so it should be to her in a couple of days!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2009 05:41:51 AM »

I sent yesterday but forgot to log in and post that I had done so. Whoops.

I can't wait to find out if zombiekilla thinks it's worth the wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2009 02:30:50 PM »

I received from chrsdx, and I am really not worthy of the beautiful package she sent to me!  Our quilts were in completely different styles and I thought I did a nice job on what I sent her, but wow... I am in awe and now I feel very anxious!  It's gorgeous.  Wow.  I will post pics in a little bit, once I find the memory card that my daughter hid somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2009 04:00:15 PM »

I finally sent! Grin  I had a hard time sending it away  Cry ...... after working on it for 80+ hours I kind of got attached! Now the nerves set in as to if onegroovyday will like it. I am not the best hand sewer so it is not perfect......no one needs to look at the back! haha  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2009 05:28:08 PM »

here's a teaser for onegroovyday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2009 05:54:17 PM »

80+ hours?!  I devoted many hours to mine, but nowhere near 80.  Sheesh!  And hand-sewing, while it is rarely ever as uniform as machine-sewing, is so much more brag-worthy.  No offense to any of us machine-quilters.  Grin  I am sure she will love it and appreciate it for its immense time involvement and obvious love.  Wow.  80 hours.  Wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2009 06:05:37 PM »

80+ hours?!  I devoted many hours to mine, but nowhere near 80.  Sheesh!  And hand-sewing, while it is rarely ever as uniform as machine-sewing, is so much more brag-worthy.  No offense to any of us machine-quilters.  Grin  I am sure she will love it and appreciate it for its immense time involvement and obvious love.  Wow.  80 hours.  Wow.

HAHA! this is the first thing I have ever quilted by hand, I hate using a needle and thread!  Wink I might have changed my mind about that though, it is very therapeutic. It was at least 80 hours, when you see it you will know why, I really wanted to keep it! I won't be doing any more hand sewing for awhile, I need to get the feeling back in the tip of my index finger and thumb!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

« Reply #528 on: July 16, 2009 08:47:37 PM »

onegroovyday, God bless her, went on vacation today and had to deal with travel and airlines, yuck, so she does not yet know that it is finally on it's way, I sent it to her vacation spot......maybe tomorrow she will be up in the mountains somewhere enjoying a nice glass of wine sitting by a lake  Cool, or some other wonderfully nice relaxing place enjoying her well deserved break! Ahhhhh, calgon, take me away! haha  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RyverChyld
♥Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love♥

I Believe in Fairies!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2009 01:45:51 AM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am leaving today for a short vacation!  I am taking the train to Berlin for a few days!  I won't have computer access while I am gone, so I can spend more time with my family!
Family Fun!
So don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while!  I will be back online and back to crafting on July 22nd!! Wink

Autumn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 2/9
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 9/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 7/10
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 4/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 3/9
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...