A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,595
Currently Running With Scissors:
816 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bootie bags - tutorial  (Read 68169 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005 03:55:59 AM »

I absolutely love it...great job.  I'll have to try one now.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005 12:17:19 PM »

OMG! that is such a boot..........i mean hoot! good job on figuring out that one!! you did good, i might have to attempt it, if i do ill post pics..thanks for the tut!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
socreative
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005 08:44:18 PM »

Someone I know purchased a bootie bag for $80.  I kept looking at it and thinking..."I can make that!"  Then I found your tutorial THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I used a pair of $1 jeans I bought at a yard sale, less than 1 yrd of lining fabric (purchased for $3.00 yd.), a belt that my daughter does not wear (free) and straps that I cut off an old bag (free).  For the support part I used clear plastic thin-gage cutting mats that I purchased from the dollar store held in place with duct tape also purchased at the dollar store.  I did buy a bag of fiber fill to make the butt cheeks! <-- Worth it for the cuteness factor.  I glued mine all together with Loctite Super Glue that I got for free when I attended a convention.  I really like my straps better than the beaded ones I've seen for two reasons.  1) I can carry it on my shoulder and 2) It's comfortable.

I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS PURSE!  If you've thought about making one, you should!!!

Here's photos of mine...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010 05:19:12 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
henri

Good for nuthin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005 07:27:26 AM »

awesome job!  I've seen these sell anywhere from $95 to $200 where I live.  I've managed to start a neat little business selling these babies for half the price.  Now if I only had time to make me one....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would rather be bitten by a snake than walk thru a spiderweb and not know where the spider is!

My Blog:  http://allthingsshea.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: http://www.sjmercure.etsy.com
On Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/sjmercure
WhimsyTyme
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005 02:53:24 PM »

henri - WAY too cute and thanks for sharing.  You should really post this tute/thread over in the Completed Projects section, they will eat it up!  Love what you did with everything, lining, handles, tie... >>> So, how are you going about selling yours?  Just going around to boutiques?  I/We would love to see some more pics of the bags you are selling!!!

socreative - So, how did you put the stuffing in the "bootie" so it would stay?  Love what you did with the belt and lining!

I am seeing a Hippie one with iron on LOVE and PEACE symbols.  Too, a scarf through the loops would be multi-functional! 

Got lots of jeans here that I am using for another project and have been debating doing something like this with the tops.  The group that I sorta sell to already has someone doing something along this line.  Shoot, I am out of it and thought it was her "unique" idea, so I didn't want to step on her design.  Silly me!  These are selling for $50 - $295 in real life!!??  (YOU GO henri!!!!!!!)  Hmph!  Undecided   I'm tip toeing through the tulips babe! Wink

Most of my jeans are mens, some big mens.  I suppose I could add a magnetic snap or a ribbon and do a roomy tote.  Or maybe even use the fabric tie like henr and make it longer and it can be cinched closed.

QUESTION:  Any idea on how I could add a zipper closure to the top of the bag?  Is the only way to bring the lining up?

Hmmm, bringing the lining up gives me the idea of doing this and inserting a draw string as a closure too.  But, I am still curious about the zipper....

Thanks again henri for posting this and for the tute!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005 10:10:37 PM »

bootie bag! I love that name. I've been making these for years but the folded leg under the bottom is new to me! I can see where the cardboard would really help keep a great shape. I always put a zipper and lining in mine.
my cousin drove me insane until I made four of them for her for Xmas gifts one year!
 Your tutorial is great by the way!
I can now picture a use boot sticking our from the one seam!
Oh that would be such a hoot! I might have to try this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clever
trying 2 B Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005 07:52:41 AM »

really cute bag Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
E.cruz
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007 06:21:42 PM »

does any body know how to make the flap to the top of the purse to make it close these are very cute baby  boootie bags Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007 05:24:04 PM »

you could make a flap using fabric with cardboard or the plastic canvas in between the fabrics. YOu would have a little bit of fabric left on the back where you would sew it in between the outside fabric and the lining. The piece on the other side of the top would put a button hole in it and then it would go across the top and button to close it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tuffy-wuffyXcore
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008 02:28:02 PM »

I made one of these as a kid! It was one of my first sewing projects when I was around 10 or so. I sewed patches and crazy buttons all over, too. I think I might have to revisit the project and make one for my niece (age 6). I think I might see if I can thrift some crazy-colored jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in the immortal words of socrates, "i drank what?"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Increasing and Decreasing and Dropping Stitches
Crochet for Beginners: How to Join Motifs or Make Seams
How to Tie a Slip Knot
How to Hold a Crochet Hook
How to Join a New Ball of Yarn or Color
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...